Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Listowel Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss Cellaneous

Wonderful photo and congratulations to all involved Cherry Tree (see you there in the pic). Here is a link to the boys playing on the street.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NdFX6WK_CA

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Price of a Pint

Great video of "The Band"...........I see the locals were up to the usual antics !
    Regards to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Lovely writer

church newsletter

Lovely writer,
    Thanks for keeping up the church news letter on the thread. Kudo's to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

I could do with a dig out in the GAA section of boards on the "Paul Galvin Thread" if anyone would like to add nice words.
    Tough going in there:o

• Advertisement

Church Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Mark142857

Hi everyone

I was Googling Listowel the other day (like you do) and came across this amazing singer/songwriter, Mickey MacConnell. There's a few of his songs on YouTube, and some more on his own website, but I'd really like to get hold of one, or more, of his three albums.

So I thought where better than to try his home town of Listowel!

Can anyone tell me if there are any record shops in Listowel where I might be able to pick up any of his stuff?

I won't be in Ireland again until December, but I thought I'd ask now anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Gweltas1

Mark142857 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I was Googling Listowel the other day (like you do) and came across this amazing singer/songwriter, Mickey MacConnell. There's a few of his songs on YouTube, and some more on his own website, but I'd really like to get hold of one, or more, of his three albums.

So I thought where better than to try his home town of Listowel!

Can anyone tell me if there are any record shops in Listowel where I might be able to pick up any of his stuff?

I won't be in Ireland again until December, but I thought I'd ask now anyway!

Dear Mark,
    Welcome to the world wide Mickey MacConnell fan club !!
    I have sent you a private message containing some useful information regarding your search for his recorded albums, so please check your private messages, the next time you log onto the Listowel thread.
    Good luck with your search........and best regards,
    Gweltas1

Church Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnBealBocht

Lovely writer,
    Thanks for keeping up the church news letter on the thread. Kudo's to you.
    ...for posting the weekly Church Newsletter.

My good wishes to Listowel from a ' toasty ' ( 110*F) Phoenix, AZ.

• Advertisement

Happy 4th July to all.
    Big day here in NY......... parties everywhere....lots of food and drink !
    Fireworks later........tomorrow, fireworks in my head !!

Church Newsletter.

Thank you for the kind remarks. I am able to do these with the help of the parish secretary.

I hope it will work this week as I am in hospital for my annual NCT and physiotherapy. Everything okay so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Cherry Tree

Check out Vincent Carmody's new site at http://www.irishoriginals.ie/
    It's the place to go if you are looking for a special gift for someone with an Irish connection.
    Well done on the very impressive website and best of luck with the venture, Vincent.

Church Newsletter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 4oof

Hi Guys,
    What is Listowel like for early/ mid 20's? Saw a few "boy racers" around on my last visit; is this the norm in Listowel?

Whats the "boy-racer" element like in Listowel?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭AnBealBocht

Check out Vincent Carmody's new site at http://www.irishoriginals.ie/
    It's the place to go if you are looking for a special gift for someone with an Irish connection.
    Well done on the very impressive website and best of luck with the venture, Vincent.

Yes, Vincent, a great website. Congratulations & I add my good luck wishes to Cherry Tree's.
    I have several of your Listowel place-mats & coasters.
    I must get some of the Tom Dooley/Small Square ones with my mother & junior brothers looking on at the ' goings on ' from the first-floor window and myself in the front door w/ my father at 8 Main Street.

Church Newsletter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DoggymansDtr.

4oof wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    What is Listowel like for early/ mid 20's? Saw a few "boy racers" around on my last visit; is this the norm in Listowel?

Whats the "boy-racer" element like in Listowel?

Thanks
    I would say that Lovely Listowel has had the greatest "element of boy racers." in the world .
    What do you say Listowel Boy Racers ?
    LOL

Church Newsletter

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭limerickwoman

Hi everyone,

I heard there is a farmers market every friday on the square. Has anyone been there?
    What can you find?

Thanks

• Advertisement

You heard correctly, Limerickwoman. There is indeed a lively farmers' market here on Fridays. It takes place in the Square and you may buy all sorts of produce. Here are a few examples: fresh fish, cheese,gourmet chocolates, cakes, pies, confectionary and breads of all sorts, fruit and vegetables, plants and herbs, jams and preserves....
    I hope I have tempted you to visit.
    Word of advice; come early. The market finishes at 2.00p.m.
    By the way, you are welcome to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Hello i live just outside listowel if anyone would like to see photos of shops etc that they used to go too let me know ill happily get some shots of it as im big into photography :pac:

You are realy really welcome, Richard. Thank you for your kind offer. There are lots of people who view this thread who love to see any photos of Listowel. Our dear departed friend, John is much missed in this regard. Would you start by taking a photo of the new John R's. It's a really old business that has undergone massive change recently.
    Thanks again and welcome.
    ricky91t wrote: »
    Hello i live just outside listowel if anyone would like to see photos of shops etc that they used to go too let me know ill happily get some shots of it as im big into photography :pac:

Yeah will get one over the weekend hopefully no promises though as i might be out of town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 SportsMad

there are also a good few photos of Listowel in the photo gallery section of http://www.listowel365.com...

Church Newsletter

There are indeed some excellent photographs on this new site. Well done to the photographer.
    There are lovely old photos there too and all in all it is a very interesting website. Worth a visit.
    Thank you to Richard as well.
    SportsMad wrote: »
    there are also a good few photos of Listowel in the photo gallery section of http://www.listowel365.com...

Sorry having trouble getting into town while the weather is nice

Church Newsletter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss Cellaneous

Just a few photos taken this afternoon of the river. Two of the bridge and one as you take the path to your left. Notice the bench - the path usually runs between the bench and the river.

benchcopygb8.jpg

IMG]http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1778/bridge1zs3.jpg[/IMG]

bridge2ds1.jpg

Advertisement