Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭spyder238

TATTOO on Broad Street in limerick, can't speak highly enough of them they're great and very friendly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 top_cat13_2000

hey just wondering does anyone know of a good tattoo artist in waterford city??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 crankypants404

I find Danny Bullman on Thomas Street in Limerick to be really good. I've 3 tats on my back and would only use him. He also does piercings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭MissFitz

Hi,

I'm looking for a recommendation of where in dublin to get a tattoo done. It is a simple design of a few stars in black on my foot, but I want it to be well-positioned and for the linework to be good. Who would you recommend for this / anyone get anything similar to this done before?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Wasp

Robbie C in Tallaght is your only man. I get him and him only to do my tats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dewlanna

Hi y'all,

It's my first time posting here, so sorry if it appears messed up :)

I am looking to get my first tattoos - on the inside of my wrists - nothing large or fancy, but small with clean lines.

Can somebody recommend a good tattooist/tattooparlour in Northern Ireland, preferably Co. Down or Belfast?

Thanks a million!

Dew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Spraypainter

Triskele Tattoos in Enniskillen,
    www.triskeletattoos.com

Good work in a really clean studio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lena Ribena

I'd be looking for more feedback about that fella too. I met him: he seemed a nice guy and sure the tattoo he's got on his arm looked very very nice and neat. Anyone out there got some work done by him?

Took a chance and got the work done with Adam, can now say that I'd highly recommend him, great banter and really good atmosphere in the studio too. Just holler if you want a look at his work:)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

punctured wrote:
    Triple X, 104 oliver plunkett st., Cork
    021 4274959

custom work very welcome

Yeah I got some arabic script done on my wrist in there last week by the aussie guy, Alex I think. There was a buddha eyes tat covering a guy's back in one of Raul's photo books in the waiting area and it was absolutely class. I've been thinking of getting a smaller version of it done but I'll leave it off a while.
    My script turned out really nice, even better than I thought it would. I'll put a pic up later.

I might be in again next saturday for a tragus piercing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dori Duz

Gillie wrote:
    Apparently The Vibe Tattoo's are opening in Sligo soon?
    They have a place in Mullingar. Anyone know anything about them?.

Their piercing is very good so if that's anything to go by their tattoo workmanship should be good. She also has a place open in Navan.
    The Mullingar branch is clean and professional.

• Advertisement

Triskele Tattoos in Enniskillen,
    www.triskeletattoos.com

Good work in a really clean studio.
    It's a bit too far for me to travel unfortunately :o
    I'm thinking of Dark Angel Tattoo Studio in Belfast, does anybody have any experience of this place?

I'm only getting two wee paws on my wrists, but I still want it to look good! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JohnnyFilters

Can anyone tell me how much it roughly costs to get the back of the neck pierced and what the healing time is? Also does anyone know if Metal Urges in Tralee is open on Sundays, only day I can get off work for a while:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

True Love Tattoos in Navan?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!?!

STAY THE **** AWAY FROM THAT PLACE!
    Seriously.
    I have been shown pictures of their work. Some guy went in to get 'Mick' tattooed.

He came out with 'Mice' tattooed on him.

WTF?!
    How does someone make that mistake?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Can anyone tell me how much it roughly costs to get the back of the neck pierced and what the healing time is? Also does anyone know if Metal Urges in Tralee is open on Sundays, only day I can get off work for a while:mad:

Nope, not open on sundays but maybe you can ask if they'll give you a late appointment after closing time?

Nope, not open on sundays but maybe you can ask if they'll give you a late appointment after closing time?

Thanks for that, but I'm living in Cork, so I don't think they'll do me that big a favour!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I got my nape pierced in Living Art in Cork city centre & it cost 150e for a double, would have been 100e for a single piercing but they're a bit more expensive than most places (& worth it imo). Standard healing time is 6 - 12 months or so I've been told.

I got my nape pierced in Living Art in Cork city centre & it cost 150e for a double, would have been 100e for a single piercing but they're a bit more expensive than most places (& worth it imo). Standard healing time is 6 - 12 months or so I've been told.

Really? I went in to Tattoo Zoo and they told me the nearest place that do it is Metal Urges in Tralee:mad: You had no problems in Living Art so no?

Not at all. I forgot to mention that the jewellery is PTFE, not metal but he shapes it so that it's like a surface bar. Much more comfortable than the metal surface bar I initially had done in Metalmorphosis in Dublin. I'd go into Living Art for a chat with the piercer if nothing else, he's a really nice professional guy and a wealth of information :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dori Duz

Seriously.

God no!
    As far as I know it's called "The Vibe", like the one in Mullingar and Sligo.

Oh, I heard similar horror stories about that "True love" place. Makes me scared of finding true love!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Buttoo

Hi everyone,
    New to Dublin city and would like some advice on tattooists in the area. Especially cover up work. Can anyone give a recommendation or have any pics of work they have had done? Thanks
    Buttoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blackhoney

Seriously.
    I have been shown pictures of their work. Some guy went in to get 'Mick' tattooed.

He came out with 'Mice' tattooed on him.

WTF?!
    How does someone make that mistake?!
    ABOUT TRUE LOVE IN NAVAN..... that guy that got MICE tattooed didnt check the spelling as any1 should when getting stencil on. Plus apprentice tattooer Brenda responsible for mistake was sacked shortly after . They have two resident artists at mo... very good... all anybody needs to do is check out their portfolio ...

Buttoo wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    New to Dublin city and would like some advice on tattooists in the area. Especially cover up work. Can anyone give a recommendation or have any pics of work they have had done? Thanks
    Buttoo

Not really a recommendation, but I'm hoping to get my tattoo done in Snakebite in Dublin - www.snakebite.ie

I'm sure there are loads of people with various opinions on here, and that can give you better advise. The best thing you can do is have a look around, talk to a few different ones, and have a look at photos of their artwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FZappa

Dori Duz wrote:

Seriously.

God no!
    As far as I know it's called "The Vibe", like the one in Mullingar and Sligo.

Oh, I heard similar horror stories about that "True love" place. Makes me scared of finding true love!:D

:) Hello people, in response to Fantasy Suicide and Dori Duz - check out True Love Tattoo in Navan at www.myspace.com/Trueluvtattoo and judge for yourselves. True Love Tattoo is in no way connected to The Vibe in Mullingar or Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FZappa

:) Hey People, in response to the comments made about True Love Tattoo in Navan - check out www.myspace.com/Trueluvtattoo and judge for yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

E100??? For a nape piercing?? That's unreal!! Adonis in Dublin do it for something like E50, or even less. I got mine done there but I don't know how much it costs as Glen did it for me for free cos I was his girlfriend at the time. I have it almost a year now and it looks really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Meathcat

Kersh wrote:
    Is he Welsh?
    Glen is from Sheffield

Meathcat wrote:
    E100??? For a nape piercing?? That's unreal!! Adonis in Dublin do it for something like E50, or even less. I got mine done there but I don't know how much it costs as Glen did it for me for free cos I was his girlfriend at the time. I have it almost a year now and it looks really good.

I know Living Art is expensive but the piercer there (Danny or Donny, I can't remember which) is brilliant imo so I'm happy to pay that bit extra to go to someone I trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Heads up guys.
    New Celestial has been opened in Ashbourne today...
    Apparently it's quite swanky.
    I'll take a look next day I'm off and head out.
    My sister works there now, so I have a reason to go. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Jack B. Badd - is that Danny Guilfoyle by any chance, red hair and a medusa piercing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 feltons_world

does anyone know of any tattoo studios in county kerry?

Advertisement