Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piercers and Tattoo Artists in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

steve is entirely where its at.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

He really is. +1 support

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

In another community I post in, I just heard a worrying story about someone getting pierced in Body Shock in Dublin. The piercer didn't use any gloves and the person didn't see him wash his hands. That's a bit disturbing considering I would have thought they were among the better studios in Dublin, has anyone heard anything else about them recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

whoa.. i've been to george's and they definitely put on gloves there...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Gauge wrote:
    In another community I post in, I just heard a worrying story about someone getting pierced in Body Shock in Dublin. The piercer didn't use any gloves and the person didn't see him wash his hands. That's a bit disturbing considering I would have thought they were among the better studios in Dublin, has anyone heard anything else about them recently?

I read that too... disturbed the feck outta me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Hey, can anyone recommend me a GOOD tattooist in cork city, what I'm getting done is fairly simple plain black lettering on my wrist, so someone who is good at lettering.

I know of someone who got a star done on her wrist, and it was wonky, she had to get it fixed by another tattooist, but I don't know who either of those tattoists were!

So if anyone could recommend me a really good tattooist in cork that'd be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Raul in Smiley Dogg on Oliver Plunkett St would be my recommendation. He just did some Tibetan script up my side on Friday and did a brilliant job of it.

Theres a pic of the tat on the 'I'll show you mine' thread.

I'll second Raoul for blackwork and lettering, everything I've seen by him has been great.

Also, I will definitely be checking out Jay when I get my tattoo, I saw a colour tat done by him and it's incredible, exactly the kind of style I was looking for...

Karen Russell has moved to Midleton from Kinsale, I recently found out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wilbertorama

Anyone looking for an apprentice tattoo artist?i am an art student and i wold love to be a tattoo artist,thank you

wilbertorama@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 xStarx

whats the name of the guy with no hair in snakebite? He seems like a really good piercer. :)

• Advertisement

steve? english bloke, really friendly and thorough, comes well across as knowing his **** and being an allround nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Steve, is the utmost legend! Love him to bits! Spent about an hour talking to him one day about two diff piercings I want! Going through every detail of the procedure and aftercare n everything, and he's done my piercings for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 xRonix

if someone is interested in piercing in Galway, can write me a pm, my portfolio web page is in my profile (yes I know it's not working properly :P - sorry for that)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 loumac

Just thought I'd recommend Snake Bite on Abbey Street in Dublin. I'm over my piercing days (one left!) but I got everything done there. The guys are professional, easy-going and have been there for yonks! Their price list is reasonable and replacement jewelry seems to be cheaper here than other shops. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 coffinfeeder

if anyone would be willing to take on an apprentice piercist, im very interested in becoming a piercist and have quite alot of piercings.. and would work for free!!! could you please send me a pm?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xxxclgxxx

i wudnt recommend glen. hes sound n all but major perv, if ya chick he'll pierce ya clit 4 free, in dub i recommend cheryl in celestial in da green and mark in celestial on abbey st.

xxxclgxxx wrote: »
    i wudnt recommend glen. hes sound n all but major perv, if ya chick he'll pierce ya clit 4 free, in dub i recommend cheryl in celestial in da green and mark in celestial on abbey st.

mark's moved to inkwell on the quays by the voodoo lounge as far as i know... or maybe im thinkin of someone else, but im pretty sure tis the same dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

It is indeed. Mark has his own piercing shop, called V, in the basement of Inkwell. It's huge! So weird to someone who's used to the piercing cupboards in the two celestials!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 xxxclgxxx

well da last time i was tlkin 2 him he was in celestial ... he cudve moved ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Be careful about making accusations like that, xxxclgxxx.
    Anymore and you're banned.

Oh, and please stop talking in txtspeak.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Teena28

Hi All,
    Sorry if this has been covered already but can anyone recommend an artist in the muster area that is good at script?
    I have a small memorial tat that i need to get some additional work on.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 26dublin

does anyone have any info on nirvana tattoo on south william st?im thinking of getting my first tattoo there next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

That's the place in the rasta shop right? I don't know anyone who's been there but the fact that it's in the back of a shop would put me off.

xtruthx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭smirkingmaurice

Friend told me of a crazy tattooist in San Francisco who used kidnap business men in the early 80's and give them ridiculous tattoo's, scooby doo on the forehead etc,anyone know if this happened,same guy told me that he saw the ghost of a red rat in cashel 2 years ago so im not quite sure if its factual or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 goodforsomethin

has anybody got work done from badger in atattoed in bray got big shoulder piece done recently i wasn't very impressed he came highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Does anyone have any tattoo experience with Phil in Celestial? - stephens green

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Prostethic_head

Hey Im piercing in ennis, im adept at just about everything, surface work, tongue frenums, smileys, the only piercings i havent much experience with is genital stuff - im ready to do a PA and want to assist Briona (some of you may have heard of her?) in a Hood before I do one - if anyones interested gimme a text or ring, itd mean a LOAD to me and my career plus obviously itd be at a discount. Jayme @ clowntown tattoos, Ennis, Co Clare. 0876541733:)

Hey Jayme, I met you a couple of years ago at a cork IAM meet! How's things?

(edit: iam:deadgirlsdance in case you have no clue what I'm on about)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

theres one in FERMOY co cork TATTOOIST its called its run by pete and paddy bulmer pete has been tattooing for years and a bloody good one belive me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 wildcatink

well da last time i was tlkin 2 him he was in celestial ... he cudve moved ...

Mark operating his own studio and also working 3 days in Wildcat Ink - wed thurs in Abbey St & tues in Ashbourne

Advertisement