Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some EXCELLENT news about Season 2...!

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ahhh...i must have seen him in the ad,that episode of MITM is the only one I have never seen :p

back in season 2...:D
    in flashbacks i presume you mean,unless there is still some of him left on Jack's shoulder
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tvnutz wrote:
    in flashbacks i presume you mean,unless there is still some of him left on Jack's shoulder
    :D
    Yeah..
    apparently.. hopefully.. he will return in flashbacks in Season 2

Some 'Lost' tidbits from this week's Ask Ausiello column in TV Guide. Some already known:
    Question: What is the deal, man? You have been silent on Lost for a few weeks now. I depend on you! Gimme me something, please! — John

Ausiello:
    Let me try to make up for, um, lost time, John. "I guarantee you by the end of the first episode you will see what is in the hatch — and not just a little bit of it," Damon Lindelof reveals. Adds fellow exec producer Carlton Cuse: "We're going all the way down. We're paying it off."

Question: What is in that hatch!? — Leigh

Ausiello:
    Here's what isn't, per Lindelof: "There aren't aliens there; there isn't a time-travel portal; they're not going to find a ship that'll blast them off into space… It very easily could have been: They go into the tunnel; they find some maps; there are some more tunnels down there; there are more doors they can't open, but I'd be like, 'That is the suckiest thing!' We wanted it to be something great, something cool and something that was risky. I guarantee you there will be some people who do not like what they find in the hatch. But we feel that it's very bold and very daring and we wanted it to be something big and important, because people have put so much trust in us. We found this door in the 10th episode of the show and 13 episodes later they finally open it up, so what's inside has got to be something big."

Question: Why isn't Lost's Maggie Grace going to be in X3? — Nora

Ausiello:
    Let's ask her boss, exec producer Damon Lindelof. "She's on our show," he told me at press tour. "That movie starts shooting [this month]. I would be an idiot to let her go do a movie in the middle [of our season]." Lindelof insists no one — including Grace herself — knows how the X3 rumors got started. "The only call she ever made to us was, 'You're going to read about this [in the Hollywood trades]; I don't know what it is, it's not true. I didn't read for the part, I wasn't offered the part, I didn't accept the part. I'm happy to be on Lost.'" The Grace buzz fueled talk that her Shannon character would go the way of brother Boone this fall. Also not true, Lindelof says. "I think it would be fairly silly for us to kill a woman — there's only three or four of them on the show," he says. "And they're all really hot." Translation: The scary-looking French chick is doomed.

so does that mean a women won't be killed off? Kristin @ E Online seem pretty adament there will be,and great joke about the French chick! lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

tvnutz wrote:
    ABC's 'Lost' finds new cast member

ABC on Wednesday announced a casting addition to its hit show "Lost."

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Oz") is joining the series playing Emeka, a mysterious man dwelling on the island whose intentions are revealed in early episodes of the second season.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje also has enjoyed a busy film career with roles in "The Mummy Returns" and "The Bourne Identity." He will next be seen in the 50 Cent movie "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," which recently wrapped production.

holy crap adebisi gonna be in lost?

could get interesting, he was one of the more brutal characters in oz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Before he became a devout Muslim, yeah. Schillinger was head and shoulders above him in those stakes.

madrab wrote:
    holy crap adebisi gonna be in lost?

could get interesting, he was one of the more brutal characters in oz

never seen oz,but ye, a friend told me was one brutal SOB! should be interesting.

Not confirmed but apparently:
    "There will be an exclusive LOST clip shown on San Diego's ABC (channel 10) at 7 PM PT on August 13th or so that's what channel 10 news is saying, teasing us with a tiny commercial. I do not know the content of the clip, just that it is supposed to be from season 2."
    Ooooooohhhhhhh.... exciting! :D

sweet...i hope someone makes a copy and puts it on the net! :D

Some Season 2 tidbits from TVGuide.com:
    Question: What gives, man? The only Lost spoilers you gave us last week were things we already knew or assumed anyway. Give us some real scoop! — Marissa

Ausiello: With all due respect, I think my stunning revelation last week that aliens are not hiding out in the hatch most definitely qualifies as real scoop, Marissa. I'd go so far as to call it an all-out bombshell. But enough about that, let's get to the really real scoop. (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT) Among the burning questions Damon Lindelof and Co. plan to answer this season via flashback:

* Who is the woman Jack married? Yeah, we know she used to be on Ed, but who is she aside from that. (Look for this to be addressed early on, since Julie Bowen flew to Hawaii last week to shoot an episode.)
    * How did Locke become wheelchair-bound?
    * What exactly did Kate do to become one of America's Most Wanted?
    * What was Hurley's prelottery existence like?

Also, Lindelof tells me that the mystery surrounding the crash of Oceanic Flight 815 — which was originally going to be solved in a minimovie on the first-season DVD — will be resolved this season. "By the finale of Season 2," he says, "you will know why the plane crashed."

Question: Any more scoop on Lost? — Beth

Ausiello: Here's another tidbit from Mr. Lindelof: "Right out of the gate in the season premiere, the numbers become a driving and fundamental plot point of the second season. I don't think people will be disappointed in what they are, what they mean and how they're being used."

Question: What do you know about Michelle Rodriguez's Lost story line!? What will Ana-Lucia be up to on the island? — Leigh L.

Ausiello: You mean aside from coming between Jack and Kate? "We're not stupid," exec producer Carlton Cuse says of the looming triangle. "There's clearly chemistry between [Michelle and Matthew Fox]. Their [airport encounter] was not accidental."

• Advertisement

According to Lost-Media.com:
    "Henry Ian Cusick, 36, is the hunky actor who has become the first Scot to land a role in hit TV drama "Lost".
    After looking at his filmography on 'IMDB, i can't say i have seen him in anything!

But people may remember him from the well-respected TV Show 'The Book Group'' in which he played Miles Longmuir.

Also.. on the same site:
    Tonight (8/20) They aired a Season 2 Commercial on ABC. It was all old footage of last season(Mostly the finale), but the logo at the end looked different, and at the bottom it had 'www.oceanic-air.com' which was beneath writing that said something like: Season 2, September 21, 9/8c. Just thought I'd give a heads-up that they have indeed started advertising for Season 2."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Avoiding season two spoilers/episode titles/flashback allocations/promos etc like the plague until the show returns... but I did come across this. Not a huge one considering we all know Michelle Rodriguez is joining the show... Soap actress Cynthia Watros is also coming aboard. (http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/ - news for Aug 23) She's supposedly not necessarily someone who was in the tail section. Could there be a running flashback in which characters will appear week to week? Could this explain why Artz was supposed to be coming back? (Or were the producers still lying about that one?) I only know Watros from an episode of Profiler she did, but she was good in that, so her soap past shouldn't put any of us off.

In other news, a lawsuit has arisen: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds23766.html
    Erk. If it's true that he was asked to do work on the concept (which originated at ABC and Disney long before Abrams and Lindeloff were brought in), he could wind up getting a lot of dosh if it's proven that some of his work ended up influencing what ultimately was filmed. (Though Abrams says he introduced all the spooky elements, the monster, the mysteries, and that when he read the drafts and treatments Lindeloff had worked on, it played as a more-or-less straighforward drama about survivors. The flashback elements were in the original drafts, though.) Would love to see whatever this Spinner guy had contributed...

Advertisement