Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some EXCELLENT news about Season 2...!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

There is a short season 2 teaser video out now which I saw today thanks to my "cousins". There are no real spoilers in it just some teasers so have a look at it.
    it mentions the other side of the island which is obviously going to feature strongly next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

In relation to what I posted earlier about the status of Lost:
    From seba_88: What about Walt? You said you had some info on his status.I've heard that he's not planning on coming back until a little later in the season. I'm assuming he might be missing for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

I've got a horrible feeling that the first half of the next season is just going to be the story of the other survivors, with no mention at all of the original group...

somehow,id doubt it.

It's very unlikely, it's just something my brother mentioned to me yesterday...
    I can't wait for September!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Cathy wrote:
    I've got a horrible feeling that the first half of the next season is just going to be the story of the other survivors, with no mention at all of the original group...

Don't thinks so, but I do expect we'll meet Ana-Lucia, possibly Rose's husband, and a few others, with tidbits given to suggest they're very interesting people, with some nice secrets to spill. Then, over the course of the season, mixed in with our current Lost gang, we'll start to get their flashbacks told as well. (I expect Ana-Lucia's to be particularly interesting, and to come up earliest. She'll probably be the new 'Kate' in terms of a detailed history.)

Remember, some of the main characters' backstories (at least the elements we know of them mentioned until now) have been exhausted, and fresh new characters and stories will help keep the show from getting stale. (Jack's final flashback of the season was quite weak, and the producers will still need to work to bring in new mysteries and new puzzles to the current characters' pasts.)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Some spoilerfied tidbits of news (some old, some new) about Season 2 from "Globe TV Insider" Magazine:
    1) Rose was right and Bernard is alive.
    2) Sawyer, Jin and Michael survive and find the rear section of the plane on another part of the island.
    3) Bernard is not the only rear section survivor; Michelle Rodriguez's character is also found.
    4) The "pirates" were the "Others".
    5) One of the "Others" is Alex, Danielle's daughter.
    6) The Others needed Walt and his mysterious powers in order to unlock the secrets of the Hatch.
    7) The purpose of the Hatch will be unveiled in the first episode and it will affect Locke who will have to struggle with the use of his legs.
    Very interested with both of the last two points made there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

quite interesting, but if the last one is true it might ruin some suspence...maybe :D

madrab wrote:
    quite interesting, but if the last one is true it might ruin some suspence...maybe :D
    Yeah.. but i think we have we been waiting long enough
    to get some insight into the true purpose of the hatch!

Some tidbits (spoiler-fied of course!) from the 'Lost Panel' at Comic-Con:
    - Asked "what's up with the polar bears?" writer Javier Grillo-Marxuach explained that it's a little known fact that polar bears are actually indigenous to the South Pacific.

- Sawyer was originally envisioned as a Prada-wearing, boiler-room con man from Buffalo, New York. The writers adjusted the character after casting Josh Holloway (though he did attempt to master a Buffalo accent first, whatever a Buffalo accent in).

- Both Josh Holloway and Maggie Grace confessed a fondness for skinny-dipping. Javier added that the show is also written in the nude, though this never gets any media attention.

- Believe it or not, Shannon's character was originally written as much bitchier.

- When an audience member asked about the significance of Walt's comic book, specifically that it features both aliens and polar bears, Damon Lindelof responded, "We can't have aliens in LOST since, as everyone knows, LOST is not a science fiction show." Javier also precluded any appearances by Green Lantern or the Flash (both of whom appeared in the comic).

- Javier stated that the writers express goal was to "put you into a Moebius loop of confusion."

- Lindelof explained in no uncertain terms that the mysterious cloud of black smoke that appeared after Kate dynamited the hole down which Locke was being dragged is not a cloud of nanobots. "Of course," he added, "that depends on how you define 'nanobot'."

And a piece of an article from Sci-Fi Wire:
    "Damon Lindelof, co-creator and executive producer of ABC's Lost, told SCI FI Wire that the next season will offer some answers to the first year's mysteries, but even more questions. "We're going to blow it up and change everything this year," he said in an interview at the Comic-Con International in San Diego. "I mean, I think that our attitude is not to do more of the same. They're going to go into the hatch, and what they find inside is going to change their state of being for quite some time. So we're going to continue to explore the characters as we always have. The show will be the same in the way that we tell the stories. But season two is really about exploring the island along the way and we just hope that people think what they find is cool." "

• Advertisement

Im still not convinced by their continuing attempts to make us believe it is not sci-fi,perhaps that was their first intention,and they have gone too far into the realm of sci fi,and now any attempt to get out of it will end up with a sucky ass storyline. i still class this show as a drama/sci fi show.

Some interesting new information / spoilers regarding Season 2 from Damon Lindelof:
    BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- Viewer alert: Major revelations are coming soon. Television's two most-talked-about series, ABC's Lost and Desperate Housewives, quickly plan to answer questions raised by their cliffhangers last season.... Lost will plunge into the mysterious hatch in its first episode, series co-creator Damon Lindelof says.

"You will see everything that's in there. What is in there will change everything about how they live on the island," Lindelof says. "We are erring on the side of giving away too much as opposed to being too vague."

The producers are meeting the nation's TV critics to collect awards. The Television Critics Association honors Desperate Housewives as program of the year. Lost earns prizes as best new program and top drama. Both series are likely to start their second seasons in mid-September.

The hatch looms as the main topic on Lost, and producers plan a bold revelation.

"I can guarantee you there will be people [viewers] who do not like what they find in the hatch," Lindelof says. "We found this door in the 10th episode of the show, and 13 episodes later they finally open it up. So what's inside has to be something big."

Although the contents can be construed as science fiction, Lindelof rules out a few possibilities.

"There aren't aliens in there," he says. "There isn't a time-travel portal. They aren't going to find a ship they blast off into space." The ill-fated voyage of the raft forms another major plot. A band of vicious strangers set the craft afire and seized the boy Walt (Malcolm David Kelley). Three other castaways -- Michael (Harold Perrineau), Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and Jin (Daniel Dae Kim) -- were left struggling for survival in the ocean.

"If they will reconvene with the main group becomes the story fodder of the first seven or eight episodes," Lindelof says.

The show will continue to examine characters' lives through flashbacks before the plane crash put them on a remote island. Those plots will include more on the marriage of Jack (Matthew Fox); the injury that put Locke (Terry O'Quinn) in a wheelchair; the rock-star existence of Charlie (Dominic Monaghan); the fugitive past of Kate (Evangeline Lilly); and the lottery lifestyle of Hurley (Jorge Garcia).

Michelle Rodriguez joins the cast as a passenger who was in the tail section and who survived elsewhere on the island. The recurring numbers -- on the flight, hatch and lottery ticket -- will become "the driving and fundamental plot point of the second season," Lindelof says. Viewers will know how the plane crashed by season two's end, he promises.

But Lindelof stresses the people are the main element. "The island just serves as a conduit to tell character stories," he says. "No one is really watching the show for the answers to those mysteries. They're watching to see: Will Kate and Jack hook up?"
    So.... to summarise:
    1. We'll know all the contents of the hatch ASAP.
    2. The hatch contents are sci-fi, but not aliens or a time portal.
    3. The second group doesn't hook back up with our group for maybe as many as 7-8 episodes.
    4. We'll know what crashed the plane by the end of S2.
    5. The big story arcs are Jack's marriage, Charlie's rock star stuff, Locke's paralyzing injury, Hurley's lottery numbers, Kate's past.
    6. In this article, no mention of Sayid, Claire or Shannon situations.
    7. The numbers are a driving force in the plot point for S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm glad I read that spoiler actually. I didn't give away any specifics, but it did whet my appetite for season 2 (not that it needed anything else). I can't wait until mid-September!

Kristin at E Online has been saying
    a major female character will be killed of early season 2

I wonder if that's true?

tvnutz wrote:

I wonder if that's true?
    I'd say so... Kristin knows her stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

tvnutz wrote:

I wonder if that's true?

yup thats been confirmed, its also been confirmed thats its not
    Rousseau or Kate(even though i kinda wish it was) and the chances of it being Shannon are pretty small too

that only leaves Jin right? but Kristin also said there will be a much bigger storyline for her and jin this season...so claire?? who woud look after turniphead?

I have a feeling it could be Shannon. Maybe Claire, but I hope not.

bingo!, thats what most of the guesswork is, its a shame that sun and claire are the only 2 female characters i like
    it could also be ana-lucia, doing an Arzt like. but it doesnt seem likely

ABC's 'Lost' finds new cast member

ABC on Wednesday announced a casting addition to its hit show "Lost."

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Oz") is joining the series playing Emeka, a mysterious man dwelling on the island whose intentions are revealed in early episodes of the second season.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje also has enjoyed a busy film career with roles in "The Mummy Returns" and "The Bourne Identity." He will next be seen in the 50 Cent movie "Get Rich or Die Tryin'," which recently wrapped production.

• Advertisement

Apparently, the second series started filming on Thursday.

And information about the 1st episode of the new season has popped up on TV.com here with the following plotline:
    Tv.Com wrote:
    The second season starts where the survivors have left off with Jack, Locke and others going down the hatch and finding out what is under there. Also, Jin, Michael and Sawyer survive their boat attack from "the others" while Walt is still missing out at sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

Oh **** I don't think I can last that long.

ye i cant wait!!! :D im looking forward
    to when the the raft gang stumble upon the other survivors,and the hatch,and the thing with Walt etc! damn its too far away! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

so when roughly will be get ep 1 season 2?

The first season of Lost will be available on DVD on Sept. 6, ahead of the debut of the second season, which will now air in the 9 p.m. slot on Wednesdays on ABC beginning Sept. 21.

gahh its gonna be SO annoying waiting over a week minimum for each new episode :/
    (i got season 1 all in one go, took just over 10 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

yea i did that also... watched it on TV for a few weeks and got p1ssed off with all the add breaks etc and downloaded the whole lot! :) and watched it in 2 days...

cant wait for the 1st ep of the 2nd series! :)

ive been watching it week by week since september last year,and yes it is annoying,but not only do you have to wait a week,you also have to wait a about 2 or 3 weeks over christmas and about 5 weeks during february when the US do their mid season thing which usually consists of crap shows! that is the most annoying break!

tvnutz wrote:
    ..and about 5 weeks during february when the US do their mid season thing which usually consists of crap shows! that is the most annoying break!
    Ah yes... that break between 'Numbers' and 'Deus Ex Machina' was absolute hell!!!

PS - on a seperate note.. spotted Leslie Arzt in 'Malcolm In The Middle' tonight! :D

who was he in malcolm? i think i do remember him in an ep,but cant remmeber as who.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote:
    who was he in malcolm? i think i do remember him in an ep,but cant remmeber as who.
    According to IMDB, he was Zoo Worker Randy.

See here! Didn't see all of the episode - was the episode where Reese was getting followed / stalked by a goat at the Zoo. And Malcolm and Dewey was stuck in a pen with two tigers - and that's when Arzt comes along!

What a legend! We better be seeing more of him in Season 2!

Advertisement