Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some EXCELLENT news about Season 2...!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

humm suposeably...

or maybe (sci-fi warning) some sort of advanced aging? but probably not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

madrab wrote:
    humm suposeably...

or maybe (sci-fi warning) some sort of advanced aging? but probably not :D
    Nah.. i've a feeling that's how they might explain Walt aging on the Island! :D

Guarantee you he'll come back in September supporting a deep voice and fully grown goatee..

"The others did this!..." ;)

we might be on to something then, also could show turnip head growing up quicker, and getting "his voodoo on" girlfriend!

madrab wrote:
    we might be on to something then, also could show turnip head growing up quicker, and getting "his voodoo on" girlfriend!
    Heh... think it's quite funny how practically everyone still refers to him as TurnipHead even though he has been named Aaron! :D

Aaron/Erin = poo-ey

Turniphead = OMFG dat nMe OnZ!! :D

i think that unless there is a reason behind that name it will stay as turnip head for most people

• Advertisement

Back on topic (for once.. :D):

Samuel L Jackson and Michelle Rodriguez have been taken off the Guest Appearances for the opener of Season 2. IMDB's current info on casting for Season 2:
    IMDB wrote:
    "Genesis: Part 1" Episode: #2.1 - 21 September 2005
    Andrea Gabriel .... Nadia
    Neil Hopkins .... Liam Pace
    Skye McCole Bartusiak .... Young Kate
    Angus Scrimm .... Mr. Meahpares
    Tina Wesson .... Alex Rousseau

"Genesis: Part 2" Episode: #2.2 - 21 September 2005
    Sarah Clarke .... Asylum Patient/Co-Pilot
    Judging by the dates on the episodes.. are we getting a 2 hour season premiere? :D At least they're correctly scheduled for the Wednesday now

basquille wrote:
    Back on topic (for once.. :D):

what are you implying :p

yeah its probably a good thing about SLJ not being in lost, i dont think having that thesbian slut on the show would do much for it other than get a few more people to watch it purely because he is in it

but thats just me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Speaking of 24, Dennis Hopper fitted the bill of Hollywood megastar who's just cool enough not to warp the series by his inclusion in series one.

100% agree. This is why I had an issue with SLJ - just too big a name for a show like Lost. Hopper was perfect for 24 because he just wasn't in the same A-list league. But he was still 'gimmicky' casting, which brought profile to the show. (Lost probably doesn't need the profile now that 24 did then, though.)
    Can't remember, but was Hopper actually credited for his 24 role? If he was, there's another TV show I'm thinking of with a big-screen guest star who refused to be credited for the role. (This actually happens quite often for those who want to appear in something, but don't want the appearance to be used to promote the series.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's been more or less confirmed that SLJ isn't appearing but Ana Lucia will be back.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

doh.ie wrote:
    100% agree. This is why I had an issue with SLJ - just too big a name for a show like Lost. Hopper was perfect for 24 because he just wasn't in the same A-list league. But he was still 'gimmicky' casting, which brought profile to the show. (Lost probably doesn't need the profile now that 24 did then, though.)
    Can't remember, but was Hopper actually credited for his 24 role? If he was, there's another TV show I'm thinking of with a big-screen guest star who refused to be credited for the role. (This actually happens quite often for those who want to appear in something, but don't want the appearance to be used to promote the series.)

He was credited, but I think only from the next episode after he first appeared.
    basquille wrote:
    Nah.. i've a feeling that's how they might explain Walt aging on the Island!

Guarantee you he'll come back in September supporting a deep voice and fully grown goatee..

"The others did this!..."

Or Michael, whose alter-ego on Oz nicked some of that government-sponsored ageing drug. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Just wondering did anyone think of the game Halflife when Jack seen that figure which turned out to be his Father.Same sort of thing happened in game,a figure of a bloke in a suit. :D

Giblet wrote:
    It's been more or less confirmed that SLJ isn't appearing but Ana Lucia will be back.

Thank God. We were told Ana Lucia's character would become a permanent one, which is probably a good thing considering several character's stories have run their current threads pretty much to a conclusion.

As for the mystery about how Artz is to return, we were told he'd be a permanent cast member (or at least a recurring one) as well.

He was credited, but I think only from the next episode after he first appeared.

Ah. He may have been credited on the end credits of his first then, to keep him turning up a surprise for the viewer. Some cult shows often do this to keep fans who are savvy at recognising guest cast actor names from figuring out someone is going to make a return. (24 did this before with Nina, and maybe Sherry as well, and DS9 once kept the Female Changeling's credit until the end credits as it would have given the game away.)

Still can't remember which show had a prominent guest star refuse a credit at all... (I know TNG and DS9 had a few of those - one guy asked that his voice not be used after filming!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

mad m wrote:
    Just wondering did anyone think of the game Halflife when Jack seen that figure which turned out to be his Father.Same sort of thing happened in game,a figure of a bloke in a suit. :D
    that was the firwst thing i thought about him he looks so alike made me wanna play the game again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Here is some stuff from Kristin at EOnline,I thought you guys might like to see. :)

From charlie: Oh. Dear. God. Samuel L. Jackson is joining Lost? Did you hear?
    I did see that on IMDb.com, along with the news that Tina Wesson (as in, Colby's right-hand gal on Survivor) would also appear in the second season premiere. Nearly pulled a Rex on that one! But thankfully, Lost honcho Damon Lindelof emailed back to my desperate plea for info, saying, "I also heard that Sam Jackson is starring in our season premiere. Fascinating stuff. And by fascinating, I mean 'completely untrue.' " Whew! Personally, I'll take Tara Reid on VM any day over a Survivor on Lost.

From mino: Saw the box on your column over the weekend--so, Michelle Rodriguez is official?
    Sí. She's a series regular next season. Says Damon: "Michele's character (Ana-Lucia) will be as purposefully shrouded in mystery as humanly possible. I can only assume there will be significant hunger for her backstory, but as the flashbacks have become the stealth 'franchise' of the show, giving away anything about her would amount to a significant spoiler...But we know she was sitting in the back of the plane. And we also know she's on the show next year...So, draw your own conclusions. If I were a betting man, I'd say some of those tail-folk just might have survived." Did you hear that Rose? He's aliiive!

From mhs82: Mmmm...The article about Michelle Rodriguez joining Lost has changed since it was first posted. It originally said Naveen Andrews was not a happy player? Why is that? It's not like his movie opened at number four!
    The article in our News section? An incorrect rumor was picked up all over the place--that JJ Abrams had done an interview with KROQ and said some crazy things, like that everyone on the raft would survive and that they were having issues with a main castmember. ABC called to let us know it was totally false. Apparently, JJ did not even do an interview with KROQ. So, if you read anything about that, please know it is completely untrue.

From togamax: What did you think of the Lost finale? You haven't said much about it.
    I thought it was beautifully shot and written and acted, etc., but, like most of you, I did expect a few more answers. I know some of you feel I oversold it a bit, and if you do feel that way, I'm truly sorry, but you should know, based on the tidbits I knew (the Others stealing Walt and blowing up the raft; the hatch opening), I really did expect some big reveals. The good news? I hear that first episode next season they are going down the hatch, so hopefully we will see the light!

Excellent stuff tvnutz! Cheers for them...

Kristen seems to get the goods every Wednesday in that column!

I think that was from her chat on Mondays,but ye both the chat and the column have a lot of good stuff weekly.

Here's some more tidbits from Ask Ausiello on TVGuide.com regarding Lost:
    Question: Will ABC be putting out a Lost CD? — Chris

Ausiello: It's been talked about, but there are no concrete plans at the moment. Seems like a no-brainer given the whole Driveshaft thing, no?

Question: Any chance you could get the name of the actor leaving Lost in October due to a contract dispute? Or at least a not-so-subtle hint? Fans are literally going nuts debating this. — Darin Cragen

Ausiello: Well, they can relax. Turns out the source of that rumor — an alleged interview J.J. Abrams did on L.A. radio station KROQ — was bogus. Just like that whole Samuel L. Jackson/IMDb thing. A good rule of thumb moving forward? Take any/all Lost rumors/spoilers with a grain of salt. (Unless, of course, you read them in AA.)

Question: Just one more teensy-weensy hint about Michelle Rodriguez on Lost? You're killing me here. — Dan

Ausiello: Well, for those who didn't figure it out after reading Monday's Entertainment News, the big secret is that — MAJOR SPOILER ALERT (more space) — Rodriguez's presumed-dead passenger will turn up very much alive on the island next season. Kinda seems anti-climactic now, eh?

cool...im feel better a character isnt leaving,because in all honesty when i first heard a character was dying in season 1,i hoped it would be boone,because he is the only one i found annoying and boring,the liek the rest of the cast. ever since he tackled michael while being lockes little lap dog i wanted to hit him! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

doh.ie wrote:
    Ah. He may have been credited on the end credits of his first then, to keep him turning up a surprise for the viewer. Some cult shows often do this to keep fans who are savvy at recognising guest cast actor names from figuring out someone is going to make a return. (24 did this before with Nina, and maybe Sherry as well, and DS9 once kept the Female Changeling's credit until the end credits as it would have given the game away.)

Still can't remember which show had a prominent guest star refuse a credit at all... (I know TNG and DS9 had a few of those - one guy asked that his voice not be used after filming!)

I don't know if it's just the suggestion, or if there are loads but now I have an image on the tip of my brain of the person I think you're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Well aint that a bitch!!! ive just watched all of the episodes and now ive none left!!!!

:) roll on season two!!!

Some tidbits revealed about Season 2 at the first Official Lost Convention:
    An island of Losties -- Like Trekkies before them, devoted fans of the current hit TV show find camaraderie at a convention.

By Roy Rivenburg, Times Staff Writer, June 14, 2005

What's inside the mysterious hatch on ABC's hit TV show "Lost"? Maybe a tunnel to Burbank, where a dozen cast and crew members surfaced over the weekend for the world's first official "Lost" convention.

In an event that was billed as "history in the making," fans hobnobbed with the show's stars, scooped up "Lost" merchandise and unearthed a few secrets about the cryptic series, which is like a cross between "Twilight Zone" and "Gilligan's Island."

The two-day convention was organized by Creation Entertainment, a Glendale company that also runs fan conventions for "Star Trek," "Xena" and other shows with cult followings.

Nobody wore costumes to this confab, unless you count the woman with the red blob of fake flesh attached to her shoulder. "It's a piece of Arzt," she explained, referring to the character who inadvertently blew himself up in the season finale.

Other "Losties," who paid as much as $189 per ticket, were just as ardent about the show. One asked actor John Terry, who plays the father of Jack, if he was "in need of female companionship." Terry said he was "happily married."

At the end of a Q&A session with several of the show's writers, one audience member shouted, "Don't kill Sawyer," referring to the island's hunky bad boy. Executive producer Damon Lindelof replied, "We won't. But he did get shot, which means his shirt will be off in a future episode." As female crowd members whooped, Lindelof added, "And he'll be wet" (Sawyer fell into the ocean after being shot).

Many of the audience questions focused on various conundrums from the Wednesday night show, which will move to 9 p.m. this fall. Set on a strange tropical island, the sci-fi series revolves around 14 survivors of a plane crash, and their encounters with an unseen monster, a polar bear, the wreckage of a 150-year-old slave ship and other oddities.

"Have any of you heard of string theory?" Terry asked at the beginning of his talk. "I think the characters have fallen into a tear in the fabric of the universe, and they're co-creating this reality." But, he added, "I really don't know. And even if I did know, I couldn't tell you or I'd have to kill every one of you."

It's a familiar refrain among the show's cast and crew.

"You learn to become artful about giving infuriatingly vague answers," writer Javier Grillo-Marxuach said backstage. "I don't even show the scripts to my wife."

He added, "Our fans are like Talmudic scholars. They have created a body of scholarship about every episode."

About a month after the series debuted, Grillo-Marxuach was walking his dog when a neighbor yelled from across the street, "Are they dead?" Grillo-Marxuach shouted back, "No, they're not dead." The neighbor replied, "Really? Then why are their clothes so clean?"

At the convention, Grillo-Marxuach and his colleagues dangled a handful of clues to fans. "The plane did not crash by accident," Lindelof told the crowd. "It crashed for a very specific reason." But he dismissed speculation that someone aboard the plane caused the crash. "I will tell you today that is not the case."

He also promised, "Season 2 is gonna get weird" — though he and other writers promised the mysteries wouldn't drag on as long as "The X Files," which ran nine seasons. Other tidbits:

• What's inside the mysterious hatch will be interesting, but not as interesting as the effect it has on the John Locke character, according to Grillo-Marxuach.

• The rear section of the plane — and additional survivors — will be discovered during the second season.

• The people who kidnapped Walt, the young boy, are the "others" on the island.

• Eight infants have played the newborn son of Claire on the show. "They keep growing," so new ones have to be brought in, said Emilie de Ravin, who plays Claire. "It's a constant struggle to find newborn Caucasian babies in Hawaii," where the show is taped.

Fans came from as far away as Toronto, Brooklyn and Alaska for the convention, but Creation Entertainment officials admitted they were disappointed by the turnout. Although they had hoped for a crowd of 1,000, actual attendance was closer to 800, they estimated. Even that might be generous, judging from Sunday's crowd. The ballroom, with seating for 280, was never full.

One fan, Marianna Anderson, blamed the weak attendance on a shortage of marquee names, such as the actors who play Jack, Kate or Sawyer. Organizers did recruit De Ravin and Jorge Garcia, who plays Hurley. But after that, the speaker lineup went to such second-tier characters as evil Ethan (William Mapother), and the psychic who warned Claire about her baby (Nick Jameson, a former member of the rock group Foghat).

The fans didn't seem to mind. Many crept up the center aisle on their knees to snap photos while the actors spoke. They also stood in a long line for autographs, and bought $25 T-shirts and caps, $40 canvas posters, $8 stainless steel shot glasses and $130 "Lost" jackets.

At one point, Terry was asked to sign a photo using his character's name. He paused, searching his memory. "Christian Shephard," the woman offered. Is that with one "p" or two, he asked. Someone pulled out a program and supplied the correct spelling.

Convention organizers said the weekend event was the first of six "Lost" gatherings planned for the next year. The next will be held in Northern California sometime before the end of 2005, they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Ah rats im going to California in couple of weeks,and convention is on the end of 2005 there..... :rolleyes:

Would of got you all signed autographs. :D

Thanks for the information Basquille

mad m wrote:
    Ah rats im going to California in couple of weeks,and convention is on the end of 2005 there..... :rolleyes:

Would of got you all signed autographs. :D

Thanks for the information Basquille
    Ah well!

Track down and bring me back Evangeline Lilly... and we'll call it even!.. :D

Cool report, Basquille, and not spoilery at all. We could predict most of those upcoming developments based on the season finale. Like the "Then how come they're so clean?" story.

I hear season 2 will be 23 episodes max, not 25 like this year, cos the pilot (first two episodes) came out of ABC's pilot season budget, and not the 'in-production' series budget during season 1. So technically, from ABC's budgetary persepective season 1 had 23 episodes alongside an already produced two-hour pilot.

Not too much information about Lost this week in TVGuide's 'Ask Ausiello' article:
    Question: So, if Michelle Rodriguez' character is alive (Ask Ausiello 6/8), what are the chances that Rose's husband is alive, too? — Shannon

Ausiello: I'd say the chances are pretty darn good.

Question: Will the casting of Maggie Grace as Kitty Pryde in X-3 (Entertainment News 5/18) affect Shannon's fate on Lost? — David

Ausiello: An ABC rep says no.

Thanks Basquille :) we probably wont get some really good stuff until they have filmed a few eps.

Nothing solid...but interesting nonetheless.
    Don't Hate Me, But... There will be no chat this Monday, for I will be attending a superfabulous, superswanky A-list party. (Okay, truth be told, it's my father's retirement party in Virginia.) But I promise to return the following week with more TV poop, including what I'm hearing about the employment status of Lost's Malcolm David Kelley (Walt).

From Kristin at EOnline...is Walt not coming back? That would suck...he has become interesting,and with that finale...well,its a big story!

tvnutz wrote:
    Is Walt not coming back? That would suck...he has become interesting,and with that finale...well,its a big story!
    That would be pretty bad news considering he's one of the focal points around which the story on the Island revolves.

• Advertisement

Some Season 2 tidbits from the 'Ask Ausiello' column in TV Guide (who else?!):
    Question: Lost spoilers, pretty please!! — Caroline

Ausiello: Don't beg, Caroline. It's beneath what little dignity you have. Anyway, producers Damon Lindelof and Javier Grillo-Marxuach apparently let the scoop fly at the first ever Lost convention in Burbank, Calif., two weeks ago. Among the Season 2 tidbits dropped by the duo: The marooned passengers will find the tail section of the plane, as well as the survivors who were seated there, prompting Charlie to declare, "Look — it's the chick from Girlfight!" Sawyer will survive the bullet wound he sustained on the raft; and those pirates are, in fact, "the Others." Also, Lindelof confirmed that Oceanic Flight 815 "did not crash by accident. It crashed for a very specific reason." (Yeah, to save ABC)

Advertisement