Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some EXCELLENT news about Season 2...!

Options
  • 01-06-2005 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

According to IMDB (http://imdb.com/title/tt0411008/guests):

* The first episode of Season 2 will air 23rd September.

* It will be called "Genesis: Part 1"

* And will feature none other than the coolest actor in Showbiz, Samuel L Jackson as a guest star!
    IMDB.com wrote:
    "Genesis: Part 1" Episode: #2.1 - 23 September 2005
    Samuel L. Jackson .... Bernard
    Sam Jackson... in Lost?! SWEET!! CANNOT WAIT!!

PS - still can be classed as unconfirmed but a hell of a way to start the season!

EDIT: Also, these are the UNCONFIRMED titles and airdates for the first 5 episodes of Season 2:

* Genesis, Part One
    - Sept. 23, 2005

* Genesis, Part Two
    - Sept. 30, 2005

* When the Dust Settles
    - Oct. 07, 2005

* Old Habits
    - Oct. 14, 2005

* Pandemonium
    - Oct. 21, 2005

Note: These airdates do indicate 'Lost' will be shown Friday nights.. and as far as i know, ABC has confirmed it's staying in it's Wednesday night slot so best leave this as rumour for now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm only on episode 12 so I wondering as to how a new character would be introduced. But don't tell me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Haha, if that's true that's gonna be excellent...

Chris Griffin: "Is Samuel L Jackson in this? He's in everything"

qz wrote:
    I'm only on episode 12 so I wondering as to how a new character would be introduced. But don't tell me!
    Well it could be just a flashback which is the most likely if he's just going to be a guest star... that wouldn't really be ruining anything for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

lol,yes he is in everything! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

steveland? wrote:
    Well it could be just a flashback which is the most likely if he's just going to be a guest star... that wouldn't really be ruining anything for you :)

Good thinkin. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Sorry for being a bit of an Irish n00b to Lost- do the flashbacks happen frequently? Like, every episode it will be a different charachters story?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Shabadu wrote:
    Sorry for being a bit of an Irish n00b to Lost- do the flashbacks happen frequently? Like, every episode it will be a different charachters story?
    No problem - valid question!

Flashbacks are in every episode basically (as far as i can remember)!

We will revisit some main character's backstory in flashback form more than once!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

basquille wrote:
    No problem - valid question!

Flashbacks are in every episode basically (as far as i can remember)!

We will revisit some main character's backstory in flashback form more than once!
    So pay attention to them then? will do ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think it's fake. User submitted on IMDB.

Giblet wrote:
    I think it's fake. User submitted on IMDB.
    Possibly... but wouldn't dismiss it as fake just yet!

EDIT: Did a little research of my own and looked at Sam's Filmography on IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000168/):
    IMDB wrote:
    # "Lost" playing "Bernard" in episode: "Genesis: Part 1" (episode # 2.1) 23 September 2005
    # "Lost" playing "Bernard" in episode: "Exodus: Part 3" (episode # 1.25) 25 May 2005
    Don't know about anyone else but i definantly didn't see him in the finale! Could have been on the background on the plane flashback at some point. But Damon / JJ didn't mention in interviews which you think they'd drop in.

Hmmmm.... fishy! Looks like you could be right, Giblet!

YET ANOTHER EDIT: :D

This is dialog from Walkabout:

Rose: "His fingers swell...Bernard, my husband."

Think we may be onto something here! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I think it'd be an awful mistake to include a well-known actor in Lost, or go down the cameo road. Matthew Fox and Dominic Monaghan would be the best known of the main actors in the show now, and are at just the right level.

To bring in a very well-known actor would be very off-putting. It's fine in a comedy like Scrubs where the fun is in the cameo, but for a serious drama, you'd be hard-pressed not to be constantly thinking, "It's Samuel L Jackson, in Lost! Wow!"

Aside from the fact he'll not be able to be in it very much - wasting a potentially new character - I think he'd just pull the viewer out of the fictional world by reminding them of the real world of big-time Hollywood actors.

Only time I ever thought this was done well, and no distractingly in a drama series week to week was Whoopi Goldberg in ST:TNG, though this may be because her character was not at all like Goldberg the actress in appearance. (On the other hand, William Shatner in the seventh season of The Practice and then Boston Legal has a great role that he plays brilliant, though I constantly am reminded of who he was...)

So kinda hoping it's not true. While I don't trust IMDB.com user entries much - see the confusion over on the 24 thread for some glaring inaccuracies there -and while I'm doubtful about SLJ, my gut tells me the "Genesis" title for the season two premiere is actually correct.

basquille wrote:
    Note: These airdates do indicate 'Lost' will be shown Friday nights.. and as far as i know, ABC has confirmed it's staying in it's Wednesday night slot so best leave this as rumour for now.

Definitely staying put on Wednesday, but moving an hour ahead (9pm-10pm, Alias' old slot.) This will give them a bit more leeway with shots of wounded survivors, sexual content, language etc.

Friday night would never happen - that's a death slot on US TV! The number of series that have died there... Enterprise, S:A&B, Millennium, Dark Angel, Firefly...

Im presuming you mean Boston Legal in relation to Shatner...

and yes Imdb is not all that reliable until things are confirmed. For 24 the guy who plays Chase was credited on the site as being in the last 6 eps of 24 this season,but then a week later they were gone.I havnt seen the last 5 yet,but he wasnt in the 6th last episode.

tvnutz wrote:
    Im presuming you mean Boston Legal in relation to Shatner...

Doh! I did. Corrected.

More guest stars for 2X01 - "Genesis - Part One"...
    IMDB wrote:
    "Genesis: Part 1" Episode: #2.1 - 21 September 2005
    Glenn Cannon .... Priest Hendrix
    Sarah Clarke .... Asylum Patient
    Michelle Rodriguez .... Ana-Lucia
    John Terry .... Dr. Christian Shephard
    Return of Jack's father?... Am thinking a Jack centric episode then! And sees the return of Michelle Rodriguez (meh!) as Ana-Lucia.

Also, Sarah Clarke starred as Nina Myers in '24'... never really got into '24' so i have no idea who she is! :D (i'm sure some of ye will though.. we have a good few '24' fans on the 'Lost' forum)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭claires friend

I don't like The JAck episoded that much

I don't like The JAck episoded that much

His first two were quite good, but the last one (1x20) was atrocious, IMO.

With Ana-Lucia, it's hard to know if her scenes will be post-drinks on the flight, or if she turns up somewhere else ("We're the survivors...")

As for Sarah Clarke, seems odd an actress with such a profile would be given a role just as 'Asylum Patient'... I think the rumour about her is false, at least until her character gets a name!

doh.ie wrote:
    As for Sarah Clarke, seems odd an actress with such a profile would be given a role just as 'Asylum Patient'... I think the rumour about her is false, at least until her character gets a name!
    Maybe 'Asylum Patient' is her name..... :D

... yeah, like i said these are all pretty much unconfirmed!

Sarah Clarke is a good actress..should I tell you anything about her character in 24 in case you get dvds or something!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

hey basquille - good to see you over at the Samuel L forum. You know what they say about great minds... :D

• Advertisement

Speak of the devil basquille...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=263433

Give it a go,even if you only record it and watch it at the weekend. Its a good show,and season 1 is probably the best.

SARAH CLARKE!?!?! NO FUPPIN WAY!

Deadly, DEADLY news for next season... pity they wouldn't really be able to introduce her as a regular character without some incredibly clever writing (hey, it's more than possible)

monomaniac wrote:
    hey basquille - good to see you over at the Samuel L forum. You know what they say about great minds... :D
    Yep... though Sam would confirm it on the site. He doesn't seem to mention it in upcoming projects anyways!

Am pretty sure all this Samuel L Jackson stuff is all bogus anyways!
    tvnutz wrote:
    Speak of the devil basquille...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=263433

Give it a go,even if you only record it and watch it at the weekend. Its a good show,and season 1 is probably the best.
    Might get the DVD if it's available somewhere... ever since "getting tapes from cousins", i've been unable to actually set time to sit down and watch TV! :D

I can remember watching some of Season 1 and enjoying it though! Might give it a tape then if i remember. Would be better if they showed it every night for 24 days!

basquille wrote:
    Am pretty sure all this Samuel L Jackson stuff is all bogus anyways!

Me too. Am very much hoping it's not true anyway...
    basquille wrote:
    Might get the DVD if it's available somewhere... ever since "getting tapes from cousins", i've been unable to actually set time to sit down and watch TV! :D

Know exactly what you mean. Only watching Big Brother on broadcast TV these days... CousinTV is easily the best of all the broadcasters. (Less obtrusive DOGs, no interrupting voiceovers during poignant scenes, no ridiculous editing... I could go on.)

As for 24, TVNutz is right - season 1 is easily the best. Based on the other series you like, I think you'd find this and series 2 very enjoyable. (Not so much maybe 3 and 4 - I thought both of those were pretty woeful.)
    basquille wrote:
    I can remember watching some of Season 1 and enjoying it though! Might give it a tape then if i remember. Would be better if they showed it every night for 24 days!

BBC CHOICE once did that over 24 days, daily at 10.30pm. But if you get in on this, you probably won't be able to hack it week to week on BBC ONE!

Another 1 or 2 guest stars rumoured for the Season 2 opener from IMDB:
    IMDB wrote:
    Angus Scrimm .... Mr. Meahpares
    Tina Wesson .... Alex Rousseau
    So, Alex might finally appear!

Note: Doubt that Alex credit is true!

Mainly because of her filmography on IMDB makes her out as a contestant on "Survivor: Australia".... seems a bit fishy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Tina Wesson

TinaWesson.JPG

Looks a bit old to play Alex.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Has to be fake I think. Maybe the sarah clarke thing is true, possibly the Samuel L Jackson, the Alex thing ? Nah, fake.
    Also, on that, michelle rodriguez is down as a guest character? wasn't it announced a while ago that she would be a PERMANENT fixture in S2?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Speaking of 24, Dennis Hopper fitted the bill of Hollywood megastar who's just cool enough not to warp the series by his inclusion in series one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

just watched the finale again and paused it on the chick on the boat, im pretty sure its tina wesson that throws the bomb

• Advertisement

madrab wrote:
    just watched the finale again and paused it on the chick on the boat, im pretty sure its tina wesson that throws the bomb
    Yeah.. i've heard this mentioned by a couple of people. It does quite look like her!

But that does not mean that is Alex on the boat...

This could just be the result of some crazed fan spotting her as a cameo. Reading the backstory regarding Alex and putting two and two together! And then submitting it to IMDB.

Advertisement