Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dirty-Old-Man

jozi wrote: »
    I like that Z very much!

Are they a rare car? Don't think i've ever seen one
    not at all rare (except in Ireland, no-one could afford them in the 70's) - try the Z Farm or Fourways Engineering in the UK for refurbished 240Z or 260Z (2seaters).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

yes - had a look, rhd, black alcantera interior, fiat badged MPH speedo, it must have been converted but the job looked professional and probably done when the car was new. I know the UK importer for Alfa Spyders used to convert them, maybe this was the same case.
    DTR Sports in the UK still do the conversions, though why anyone would bother I don't know. That one looks great, except I'd prefer alloys over the hubcaps. I drove one for 2 years and only every saw one other one.

*EDIT*

Just seen my old spider for sale again - using the same pictures I used 13 months ago.
    Caveat Emptor, eh? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Not taken today, but I found this pic when organising some folders on my computer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Sure it was the car you were taking pictures of? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

yeah.........totty ALERT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

Dirty Old Man, do you work in Central ParK, i'm in Merrill Lynch and was thinking of getting pics of the Porsche and Fiat if i could find the digital

Regards
    Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

prospect wrote: »
    Not taken today, but I found this pic when organising some folders on my computer.
    Nice original irish Z registration!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭spidersonmars

No sure if this counts. Anyway here are some pictures of an Irish e-type that I hired for my wife (the woman in the pictures). I would recommend hiring a classic like this to everyone. We drove through Clare, Limerick and Kerry. Has anyone else seen this car on the road? The last picture is of my two P6's, (sad to add the picture) but as I have not driven them much this year you wouldn't have seen them on the road.

Nice jag.............how much to hire?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Nice jag.............how much to hire?
    Just what i was thinking

• Advertisement

Here's the link, I reckon you can bargain a little bit as I got the car for a weekend for cheaper than stated here. I have to say that if you want to impress someone (for example your wife/mistress etc) a weekend in the Adare Manor and this e-type will do the business. It will cost you...but it's all brownie points you'll need for year.
    http://www.heritagesportscars.com/price_list.html

€830 for a weekend........Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

No sure if this counts. Anyway here are some pictures of an Irish e-type that I hired for my wife (the woman in the pictures). I would recommend hiring a classic like this to everyone. We drove through Clare, Limerick and Kerry. Has anyone else seen this car on the road? The last picture is of my two P6's, (sad to add the picture) but as I have not driven them much this year you wouldn't have seen them on the road.

She's lovely! and the Jag ain't bad either :D

Sorry, couldn't resist the obvious... :o

yeah I know, but they are hard to get a lend of.
    I paid 600 for the weekend including the friday night. It was great but considering that you can buy a decent series 3 e-type for 15k sterling it seems too much.

830 Euro = 670GBP. roughly this divides into 15000GBP about 24 times! So you could pay one off in just over six months renting it out!

yeah........but you'd be stuck with it.........Next time you can hire a Ferrari, then a classic Morgan or maybe a vintage Bentley....etc etc....you're wife will be chuffed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Spotted this '71 Volvo 140 earlier this evening in Rathfarnham:

f_Image005m_a6f4603.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Some I saw in Paris recently.

nice pics...........whats that on the barge?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Its an Amphicar, you can drive it on land or in the water.

• Advertisement

And some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

is this a classic yet? Renault 4 GTi. A regular at Nolans Supermarket in Clontarf. Same lady has owned it for years, probably since new.

Is it really a GTI?

My postman way back used to have one of these - great ole van!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

most likely a GTL

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

Ok so I see one of these everyday on the way to work. Will take an actual pic to prove it. I believe its a Volvo P180, its a dark green one. Looks great.
    Volvo-P180-Rear-%5BClassic-Car-Show%5D-400.jpg
    Volvo-P180-%5BClassic-Car-Show%5D-400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

junkyard wrote: »
    Its an Amphicar, you can drive it on land or in the water.

Ha, I have a picture of that one too, taken from the nearer bank of the Seine. The whole houseboat and all looks really cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Dades wrote: »
    Sure it was the car you were taking pictures of? ;)

Car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭1275gt

barryfitz wrote: »
    Ok so I see one of these everyday on the way to work. Will take an actual pic to prove it. I believe its a Volvo P180, its a dark green one. Looks great.
    Volvo-P180-Rear-%5BClassic-Car-Show%5D-400.jpg
    Volvo-P180-%5BClassic-Car-Show%5D-400.jpg

Its sitting outside my office. Guy i work with uses it as his daily commuter. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Spotted this '71 Volvo 140 earlier this evening in Rathfarnham:

f_Image005m_a6f4603.jpg
    Nice volvo,tough as old boots they were, there was a good few of these wrecked in rosegreen, they could take an almighty pounding before they gave up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Saw this '85 VW Passat (on original 'SI' Dublin plates) today in Terenure. It has been sitting in that driveway for years now.

f_Image004m_bb0b387.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement