Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

While on the subject of strange numbers on Golfs,there used to be a blue MK2 with the reg AIN2 which was originally a 1962 reg. Last time i saw it it was on its side in a scrappy though,and that was awhile ago too.There was a Galant with the reg 2AIN around at the same time.

AIN1 was a ford fiesta,another plate transfer.No idea what happened to that one though.

Onkle wrote: »
    02042009024.jpg

Absolutely mint. Outside the Opel Main Dealer in Clondalkin Village. Looked totally original
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Opel/Kadett/1.2-S-,O/200915192408133/advert
    Yours for 5grand...
    no-image-large.gif

no-image-large.gif

no-image-large.gif
    Wonder what the story behind it is? Tis fair clean!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭DaveCol

otis wrote: »
    GTI 2 was indeed on a Golf, a silver Mark 1 GTI which lay abandoned with a seized engine on the side of the street in Nenagh, Co Tipp up until about mid 1996.

Having tracked down the owner at the time I tried to buy it on numerous occasions only to be flatly refused each time. In the end I just gave up.

I often wonder what ever became of it.

I could be wrong, but was GTI 205 on a Peugeot 205 GTI?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 iei044775

Not sure if these have been posted on this thread before but they are in a prominent place in Donegal Town for a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SAABMAN

Begs the question.
    Is any mainstream car manufacturer producing cars in brown now? I don't mean "gold" or "beige", just plain brown.
    It was very common in the 70s and 80s.
    On the other hand, I remember there was a Ford bright orange colour then as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Opel/Kadett/1.2-S-,O/200915192408133/advert
    Yours for 5grand...
    no-image-large.gif

no-image-large.gif

no-image-large.gif

No idea. I was on my way to the pub out jogging when I spotted it outside an Opel main dealer. Looked mint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭SAABMAN

When did they stop making those tyres?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Camarague

SAABMAN wrote: »
    Begs the question.
    Is any mainstream car manufacturer producing cars in brown now? I don't mean "gold" or "beige", just plain brown.
    It was very common in the 70s and 80s.
    On the other hand, I remember there was a Ford bright orange colour then as well

Mercedes produces the new S-class in brown, slightly darker shade than these 12s

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

saw this today,parked in the same spot for years, always thought it was a shame just to see it rotting away

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Philush wrote: »
    saw this today,parked in the same spot for years, always thought it was a shame just to see it rotting away

Such a shame to see such a glorious, and rare original Irish car in that state. Where is it located? Would anyone here be interested in restoring it?

• Advertisement

its in cork, just outside the city,shame alright been there for years so i dunno what kinda of state its truely in, could be a case of the paint solely holding it together, im sure thered be some enthusiast out there tho with the money to do a job on it,slightly out of my league tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

What is it? Looks expensive, Rolls Royce?

i presume its an old rolls, cicra 1958? i dunno, im open to correction, dont no too much bout those cars. didnt take too good a look at it cos its kinda half in someones backyard so didnt want to be drawing attention to myself

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Its a Daimler Limousine. Dont know the proper name but still plenty of them out there being used for weddings. Huge car

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Its a Daimler Limousine. Dont know the proper name but still plenty of them out there being used for weddings. Huge car

DS420.

'70 Dublin reg.

Indeed it is..the banger boys love em
    IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

Theres still a huge amount of them about,though irish ones are scarce,there was one in tralee up until a few years back reg IZX1.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DarenO

no-image-large.gif

The story behind it is, it was originally sold by Bolands and after a few owners and regular servicing done at Bolands they bought the car back a number of years ago, it was put into storage in Carlow and is now going into their showroom, only thing i didn't know was they'd put it up for sale.

Darren

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

Philush wrote: »
    its in cork, just outside the city,shame alright been there for years so i dunno what kinda of state its truely in, could be a case of the paint solely holding it together, im sure thered be some enthusiast out there tho with the money to do a job on it,slightly out of my league tho.

Where bouts in Cork? Down in the city for the week so might have a look!

tis around the blackpool area. gimmie pm if ya wanna see it, would prefer not to be giving out directions on the net, its not the easiest to steal, nor would i suggest anyone here would, but you no what i mean, im just that way enclined from the job!but yeah, if ya wanna see it pm me n we'll sort summat. if only twas an old v dub, 2 spanners and a can of wd40 n you can take em apart!haha

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Sorry no photo. Couldn't stop either as I wasn't in charge of the controls...

Saw a Volvo 66 Estate just south of Enniscorthy on Wednesday. :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

saw a '68 Camero today on the Tivoli Dual carraigeway.
    Was lovely but strange thing was, it was RHD

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Spotted this on Wednesday just outside Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

Spotted the following oldies parked up at Toughers between Naas and Newbridge on Fri. afternoon

ClassicOldVehicles025.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles026.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles027.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles028.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles029.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles030.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles031.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles032.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles033.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles034.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles035.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles036.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles037.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles038.jpg
    ClassicOldVehicles039.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I let a 74-KY-XXX Capri overtake me after Newlands Cross on the N7 heading out of town.

It was very orange. :D

iei044775 wrote: »
    Not sure if these have been posted on this thread before but they are in a prominent place in Donegal Town for a while now.

76808.jpg
    Good spot..didnt think there was any left!!

Gold star for the first to guess what this is...:D
    First one ive ever seen,and just as quirky as iv read about.
    Image953.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Just guessing but is a it a dolomite by pickford ? obviously a dolomite sprint under the disguise

biggus wrote: »
    Just guessing but is a it a dolomite by pickford ? obviously a dolomite sprint under the disguise
    Not buy pickford but nearly there..

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭trevorbrady

Vanden Plas?

• Advertisement

Vanden Plas?
    Nope..there was only 38 of these made apparently.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement