Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime & Manga Stores in Ireland

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 david1k

homer88 wrote: »
    hi guys can anyone give me the full address or phone no
    of sub city in galway can not get through to the dub shop
    and in galway for w/end
    thanks

hey. when you go in to the shopping centre from the main entrance (the entrance near shop street) go down the elevator. then instead of going straight on turn right and there will be some sort of garment store in front of you. to the right of that is sub city. it has a good selection of anime and manga but they never have many volumes of the manga. redlight records is sh*t for anime.

ALSO MORE ANIME/MANGA SHOPS IN GALWAY GUYS! :)

Go to HMV and go upstairs, then go to the other side of the shop and you will see a great selection of anime (it is here i get mine) and they have most of the studio ghibli movies so happy out!!

And go to the corn market shopping center (not many people know about it cause its really sh*t). i dont really know how to describe it but its at the end of shop street to the left..near toni & guy or origin. anyways they have a book store in there (dont ask me what its called) and they have a mediocre selection of manga.

I hope this helped (:

-Neo- wrote: »
    Well im moving to galway soon, and i like to collect manga, but which of those shops in galway would sell manga, such as Dragonball z, Naruto, Shaman King,etc?

Thanks For The Help :D .

-Neo-

what part of galway do you live in? oO

sharingan wrote: »
    All those titles are Viz, and Sub City won't/don't import Viz. Not for religious reasons, but the importing clampdown makes it too much of a hassle. Besides you should probably be able to get Dragonball in bookstores soon - I believe thats one of the initial deal run by Gollanz.

Sub City in Galway has all of those manga's those, strangely =/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

david1k wrote: »
    hey. when you go in to the shopping centre from the main entrance (the entrance near shop street) go down the elevator. then instead of going straight on turn right and there will be some sort of garment store in front of you. to the right of that is sub city. it has a good selection of anime and manga but they never have many volumes of the manga. redlight records is sh*t for anime.

ALSO MORE ANIME/MANGA SHOPS IN GALWAY GUYS! :)

Go to HMV and go upstairs, then go to the other side of the shop and you will see a great selection of anime (it is here i get mine) and they have most of the studio ghibli movies so happy out!!

And go to the corn market shopping center (not many people know about it cause its really sh*t). i dont really know how to describe it but its at the end of shop street to the left..near toni & guy or origin. anyways they have a book store in there (dont ask me what its called) and they have a mediocre selection of manga.

I hope this helped (:

Hey David1K be careful of the dates of the posts your replying to, some of them are from 2005!

really? D: sorry! ^__^"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

directers cut in cork have a decent selection of anime now, they sell there single dvd volumes for 9.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Dreamsphere

Hi all sorry I have not been here for a while.I would like to let u all know that I am on a diffrent site now.soon I will be changing shipping rules so shipping in Ireland is free! The website is www.dreamspheresworld.com

Thanks for reading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Siegfried

Thanks for the tips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Hughes & Hughes in Dundrum have a small manga section, just noticed it yesterday. They had Death Note, Love Hina, Fruits Basket, Naruto, Bleach, something to do with Vampires and a few other titles I can't remember at this present moment. 8 - 10euro each I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LadyLee

Directors cut, Queens Old Castle, Cork have a Biggish section of Anime Goes from 3.99 (naurto etc) to 14.99 (Studio Ghilibi), They also take orders for the more unusual stuff too. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 cheesydoodles

thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 LadyLee

Directors cut, Queens Old Castle, Cork have a large selection...Including the full range of studio ghilbi stuff... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

definitely..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭captainscarlet

Waterstone will order any book you want. You dont even need the ISBN number, usually just the name and number of the comic.

And they dont charge for shipping. Its usually around 9 euro per book.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lanysmiles:)

the book depository rocks- and i wish i had known that pigsback gives you 5points for every euro you spend there, having spent 200!! T.T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GuardianDemon

OH MY GOD !! TALLTALES BOOK SHOP !!! I used to go to gaming tournaments there !!! They used to be every Saturday !! Oh the memories !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Reckoner91

Don't know about any other Hughes and Hughes, but the one in Dun Laoghaire has a whole corner section full of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 iSeeStars

Anime And Manga Is Getting Fairly Big In Irelnd , But Not Compared To The Rest Of The World , So There Would Obviously Be More Ovea Variety Esewhere , But Still IMpressed To See So Many Stores In Ireland . (: Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nitefox

Biorras wrote: »
    Hi guys, eh, could someone help me out? Could someone tell me if Forbidden Planet in Dublin is open on Sundays and if so what times is it open?
    Hi Biorras How are you and everybody?. well i think if people want find lots of diffent Anime a Manga coimcs or books etc Forbidden Planet has it like i am into my good old comics myself like so for me like omg heaven like,and when you hear people we are sad for like Anime & Manga and comics well tell people it's art frist of all and 2nd it has good story lines and shows how normal people can to super things in normal day to day life like not say people have super powers lol i am saying the writers and artists show how the world is like people hating eachother or things going worng how these characters can be like us and we can moral stories to them like how they have deal with these things like so that's why like anime a Manga and just your marvel comics like. I know quoteing old post but i say what i think of Forbidden Planet and open 7 days week sunday so 11.00 PM * 4.00 PM,it's good if need your Anime & Manga or comic fix as they say lol:D so hope hear from ye soon and good talks about Anime & Manga.nitefox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

nitefox wrote: »
    I know quoteing old post but i say what i think of Forbidden Planet and open 7 days week sunday so 11.00 PM * 4.00 PM,it's good if need your Anime & Manga or comic fix as they say lol:D so hope hear from ye soon and good talks about Anime & Manga.nitefox

An old post? It's from february 2006 and the OP only posted that one thing and hasn't logged back in since that single post in 2006! Seriously if you want to harp on about FP there are other more up to date threads.

• Advertisement

Rei-chan wrote: »
    They have gotten a few anime items in in Tower Records just off Grafton street. They have wall scrolls, a few posters, plushies, a few t-shirts and bags, and DVDs. The wall scrolls are about 24 euro, plushies from 8-30 euro, as with the DVDS. Also, in Easons on O' Connel street they have gotten quite a large selection of Manga at 10.60. They have stuff from DNAngel, Gravitation, Shutter Box and some samurai stuff.
    Well, I hope my information is usefull... In Tower Records the stuff is on the second level, at the back past all of the comic type stuff, like the Batman Manga and Kurt Cobain and Eminem comics (wtf?) and they sometimes don't have stuff in, while other times they have loads in...So check it out every few weeks.
    ztoical wrote:
    An old post? It's from february 2006 and the OP only posted that one thing and hasn't logged back in since that single post in 2006! Seriously if you want to harp on about FP there are other more up to date threads.
    Hi ztoical and Rei-chan How are ye and very body?. I know it was way back in 2006 like think good talking about old posts aswell like and also what think of FP like cool glad talk about FP in more date posts aswell. Tower Records just off Grafton street are good aswell for Anime & Manga wall scrolls, a few posters, plushies, a few t-shirts and bags, and DVDs again prices are good but some are very hig like but it good stuff like. for easons on O' Connel street now they have good large selection Anime & Manga all types and they good selection of samurai and DNAngel etc price range is also good but than it can be hig for diffend ones like.so i was just useing quote as aid to what want talk about think good get people talk about so hope that helps why use it like ;) talk to ye soon nitefox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 airylotus

Thanks all the infos :)

direbadger wrote: »
    In Limerick
    The Comic Shop on Lower Gerald Griffin Street has a selection (sometimes good, sometimes small) of manga and anime. The animes are expensive (aren't they everywhere?) but the manga is very reasonably priced. www.thegatheringlimerick.com
    Hi airylotus and direbadger How are you and every body?. your welcome airylotus are you in limerick if so the comice shop is good there when i am in limerick i go there:p. So any new news airylotus? the tip can give people for Anime & Manga prices is shop around like i know they very hig to buy but i work out that min would start at €10 for kinda good ones and max that i found is €20 the really good ones that we all want like, i have seen hig ones but that how muce i would spend on them but some times i buy the hig ones i want and to read aswell like. so hope all that help ye hope hear from ye soon nitefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Chapters in Parnell and Dawson st' also have a good selection. The one in Parnell st' is all second hand, but cheap. Other realms in Cork seems to have gone to the dogs in terms of anime and manga of late.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Eason in Athlone have a small manga section

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lencoo12

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    If you get any info post it and Ill add it on.
    A long time ago I used to collect manga from forbidden planet in Dublin, but the prices became outrageous, so I stopped...so I was wondering if the other place had roughly the same prices (20 euros for a book I can get for 7 in spain), or are they a reasonable price?

EDIT: Also, I found various links to the Anime And Manga Society Of Dublin, one in your signature, which links to a DCU site, and the anime.ie one, but neither work frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

lencoo12 wrote: »
    A long time ago I used to collect manga from forbidden planet in Dublin, but the prices became outrageous, so I stopped...so I was wondering if the other place had roughly the same prices (20 euros for a book I can get for 7 in spain), or are they a reasonable price?

EDIT: Also, I found various links to the Anime And Manga Society Of Dublin, one in your signature, which links to a DCU site, and the anime.ie one, but neither work frown.gif
    http://ams.redbrick.dcu.ie/
    Hasn't been updated in a while but the society still meets every Thursday.

http://anime.ie/
    Yeah...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Shh...
    <_<
    >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 davidwillson

-Neo- wrote: »
    Thank You, I Will Try Sub City Then ^_^
    Your best bet for animé in Ireland is a good net connection cause 90% of the stuff you buy here is crap or teeeeeeeeeerribly over priced. so you can,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

Tall Tales is gone from Waterford

Advertisement