Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime & Manga Stores in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

play.com are decent too but are woeful when you're looking for a newly released volume, then they take forever!

but if you're looking for back dated, already released stuff then you're good to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Dreamsphere

if your looking for manga i am selling some on my new site. i will be adding all my fruits basket manga soon so if you like that manga look out for those. here is the link.

http://dreamspheresworld.mybisi.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

if your looking for manga i am selling some on my new site. i will be adding all my fruits basket manga soon so if you like that manga look out for those. here is the link.

http://dreamspheresworld.mybisi.com/

There is a few things on there I am intrested in. However, the website seems to only send to America?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Dreamsphere

no i ship all around the world ^__^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Art_Wolf, I'm afraid Gamer's Realm in Galway is gone, time for another list update!

*edit* Oh, and The 3rd Place in Dublin is gone too afaik, though hopefully there's a new store opening in the not too distant future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Yeah I forgot Gamers Realm was on it.. did they actually sell any? When I went in while they were still open I didn't see any *shrugs*

And yeah The 3rd Place and 4th Dimension are both gone :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sonx

I love it!

Art_Wolf wrote: »
    Yeah I forgot Gamers Realm was on it.. did they actually sell any? When I went in while they were still open I didn't see any *shrugs*

And yeah The 3rd Place and 4th Dimension are both gone :'(
    Had a tiny bit, only one I can remember from there was Lone Wolf and Cub.

Picked up 10 manga books in Charlie Byrnes in Galway last week - don't forget second hand book shops folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

fozzle wrote: »
    Had a tiny bit, only one I can remember from there was Lone Wolf and Cub.

Picked up 10 manga books in Charlie Byrnes in Galway last week - don't forget second hand book shops folks!

Where they old out of print stuff or the newer stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Just been looking through the listing on the first post and Waterford needs a little update. Sinnotts closed ages ago, but there is a shop which sells manga which could be added in its place. Tall Tales bookshop, 30 Michael Street. Tel: 051 873967.

• Advertisement

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Where they old out of print stuff or the newer stuff?

Well I picked up Samurai Deeper Kyo which is recent. I think everything else was about the same age, not sure though.

Kahless, do Tall Tales have much? I forgot Sinotts had closed :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

The Waterford one is very questionable too lads. It has like a section with those overpriced foreign movies and a box st or two or compilations. Possibly studio gibli stiff now but it's woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

fozzle wrote: »
    Kahless, do Tall Tales have much? I forgot Sinotts had closed :(

I've only been in once and it's the only shop selling manga I've been in for years, so I don't know how it compares, but it's not huge or anything. And it is only manga, no dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭electrofilth

i concur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 samrawet

thnax all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭DURKA-DURKA

manga fans? theres always tower records

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

manga fans? theres always tower records
    Tower don't do manga, only anime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Forbidden planet arent bad. Do they still do the 3 manga for €25? Otherwise the interweb is the place to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭lanysmiles:)

try amazon for fairly decently priced manga, as long as you but in bulk the postage isnt too bad, and anime try play.com (although they takes AGES to post anything) >:| or hmv or virgin somewhere. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 whitneysegura

Cool I am checking those out now! I usually watch my anime at Watch Cartoons Online they have some cool ones like dragon ball z and some other cool cartoons. I either go there or hulu.com

• Advertisement

i really like bdz! try naruto (if unlike my friend you like the idea of an orange suited ninja! XP)
    D.grey man is pretty cool too ^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

Waterstones in Cork does some manga. Easons used to but no longer does.

I wish there was some kind of group for anime/manga in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

L.R. Weizel

Im sure Other Realms will satisfy all your manga needs, they have everything from bleach to death note and so on ;)
    + they are having a anime clearout at the mo , with all anime dvds costing €5:D

Waterstones in Cork does some manga. Easons used to but no longer does.

I wish there was some kind of group for anime/manga in Cork.

does UCC not have an anime/manga society?
    becasue in UL theres one that you can join regardless of attending the university or not!
    check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bargain Alert: BookCloseOuts.com having their big manga sale again.
    Selection's a bit sparse but you can get FLCL for $2 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Robert Curley

Just to let everyone know that Sub-City are opening a second shop in Dublin. One of our main focuses will be Anime as well as models, posters, t shirts and a larger selection of Manga to boot!

The shop address is unit 5 West Essex street, Cow Lane (just off Dame street)

We hope to be open Saturday 25 April.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

has this shop opened yet? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

It sure has! Check it out, I've been there a few times already, and they have a great anime and manga selection! And at very cheap prices as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 laborious

Hodges Figgis is probably your best be for prices in dublin, almost all of their manga is €7.20, plus they've got a reward card that gets you €10 off for every €80 spent there and they'll order anything in for you. Most of the stuff it up to date, like I got Naruto 45 and Bleach 27 in there in the last week :D. Plus they've a nice graphic novel section beside it. It's just off grafton st. at 56-58 Dawson Street, Dublin 2. +353 (0)1 677-4754

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

Not in Ireland but this website:

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

have a good selection of manga. Their prices are cheap, they have free delivery to Ireland and they don't inflate the prices when you convert the currency.

Advertisement