Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime & Manga Stores in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ollielou

CuLT wrote: »
    Well, the current eirtaku forums have been chugging along happily for the last couple of years, so you have no excuses ;)

Be nice if you'd like to take on some suggestions here of what would likely have a good reception. Having run EirtaKon and gotten to speak to a wide demographic of Irish fans has been enlightening. Perhaps OtherRealms would care to have a presence of some sort at the next EirtaKon?

I'd also be able to do you a good deal on getting that website overhauled ;)

You can contact me at either cult[at]anime.ie or cult[at]eirtaku.com.
    I am a colossal retard; forgive the poor grammar that I previously commented with CuLT, your unfathomable wisdom had confounded me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Easons and chapters also stock a sizable range (check the second hand part of chapters too, might stumble upon a bargain).

Correct. I was pleasantly surprised. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,849 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads where could i buy online gundam seed destiny box set english language version
    im looking every where but no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lainchan

Is the only anime/manga event in Dublin eirtakon???
    Im living in Ireland for one year now
    and i really miss this kind of events
    since in my city at least two times per month
    we had one event.
    I would love to know if there are different ones
    even if small...
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lainchan

lads where could i buy online gundam seed destiny box set english language version
    im looking every where but no luck

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Mobile-Suit-Gundam-Seed-Destiny-TV-Series-Box-Set-DVD_W0QQitemZ220214427892QQihZ012QQcategoryZ2288QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

that looks quite fake imo, I found this as well,the shop is selling complete box sets of nearly every anime http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Anime-United

maybe im wrong but seeming as i couldnt find any of the "box sets" anywhere else it seemed strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Holy christ, is it shipped by carrier pigeon? I ordered a load of stuff from the States last month with international surface shipping and it took 19 days to get here. A game shipped by airmail left Canada on a Tuesday and was in my hands on the Friday morning. CD-Wow takes a week to get cds to Ireland from Hong Kong. Whenever I've bought anything off Play in the past it's generally arrived within a week, 2 at most. A month's delivery from England is absolutely insane.

Aside from that though, if anyone has a multi-region DVD player you should STRONGLY consider ordering anime from Florida. Huge selection, low prices in the American market (whose normal prices beat the UK prices anyway, and the UK prices beat ours), low enough shipping costs, AND they mark the value down for customs :)

Seriously: €27.50 for each Planetes DVD in the Forbidden Planet (if they even have it) VS €22.50 for each DVD from Play with free shipping VS €22 and about €5 shipping for the full series boxset from dvdpacific. The entire 26 episode series shipped to your door from 4000 miles away for cheaper than a single 4 episode disc in Dublin. It's crazy how much better it is, I've spent far too much money there since I came across it because everything's so cheap it's mind-blowing. Media prices in Ireland really are extortionate.

Hell even if you don't have a multi-region player, the savings you'd make from buying your stuff through these guys would justify the cost of one pretty damn quick (managed to pick one up from the local supermarket on special for like €35 last year). 3V vouchers gives you access to a credit card too, so really unless you've got an old tv that doesn't do NTSC you've no excuse! I know I sound like a shill for them, but when they got 2 seasons of non-bootleg Galaxy Angel to me in a little under 3 weeks for €40 they turned me into a bit of an ol' zealot.

Dvdpacific seems brilliant for the prices but most of the anime I want to buy off them are "on order" and when they dont know when they will get more back in stock :mad: any other sites with good enough prices like that?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wonder101

yeah i totally agree!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Reply 101:D

Go manga/anime outlets

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Easons actually have a pretty bad selection.
    Mostly the American manga, and a few Chobits and Fruits Basket here and there.
    I was able to get two volumes of Wish by CLAMP down there for fifteen euro though, so I guess it's not that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Vibes 'n Scribes on Patrick's Hill in Cork have some anime upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 spicywedge

Zavvi previously virgin are now dedicating a section to anime and manga and at first looks they have all the generic brands but speaking to one of the guys that works there is will be look to increae this if the demand is there and they will also have the ability to order some stuff for you if it is not in stock for no extra charge. cool huh

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Espy

Remember a few years ago when GAME used to stock some anime titles. I wonder what happened to that...

They even sold some art books too according to some friends of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

Crow's corner has dropped the price on most of it's Manga Books to a Fiver.
    I picked up a few Srg frogs there over the weekend.
    Well worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

anyone know where i could get deathnote?! i've got the first 3 from france, but i can't find them in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Other Realms in Cork sell Death Note. It's a popular manga, I would imagine most places that sell any manga would stock Death Note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

HMV are ridiculously expensive. They were selling Samurai X for 99 odd euro when I got it on Amazon for less than 50. Also I dont like the way a lot of anime is edited so I find it safer (and cheaper) to import or download. Tower Records would be my pick if I was gonna buy any DVDs here though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Jessieannas

I thought only Easons did Manga. Thanks for that, mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 irishharpie

Border's in Blanchardstown has a really good selection and I find them to be reasonably priced as well, your looking at around ten or 12 for a book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

why do u buy them,couldnt u read dem online??

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

ayumi wrote: »
    why do u buy them,couldnt u read dem online??

Not everyone is a thief.

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Not everyone is a thief.
    Not everyone... but most of us are! :P

With manga and anime the price it is here Im not suprised that most people choose to download it or read/watch online. Im not advocating stealing licensed anime/manga but unlicensed is AFAIK fair game.

And when manga costs the same here as it does elsewhere (3-5 euro) Ill buy it instead. Until then, the internet is my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

dere given to the website and even if dere licenced their allowed to put on the website as the company allowed the issue of the manga on that website,also its translated such website is mangafox :)

Ah but downloading is another matter altogether. Im pretty sure thought that some companies are very much against fansubs of their anime or their manga. I cant see Tite Kubo freely handing out Bleach to websites when he makes so much off selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I would be *very* surprised if Mangafox holds the licenses for all the series that they host.. Google adverts certainly would not pay enough to cover them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 irishharpie

They don't hold the license.... it's simply scanlation's that people have scanned onto their computer, edited in photoshop or movie maker (say translated or fixed the colouring) and then they simple host them up on the site, hoping that the show or manga doesn't get licensed.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Yazacoo

annmariek wrote: »
    anyone know where i could get deathnote?! i've got the first 3 from france, but i can't find them in Ireland!

Forbbiden Planet on the quays or sub city off Georges st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Yazacoo wrote: »
    Forbbiden Planet on the quays or sub city off Georges st.

Way too overpriced there. Check out the internet for more friendly prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

The internet is far better. I've been getting my manga off an e-bay shop for the best part of a year, and I only half to pay about seven euro each. Much better when you compare it to ten-eleven euro.

Advertisement