Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ballybunion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

well, it is protected by cliffs on 2 sides, so I wouldnt say its naked. Naked meaning un-protected (ie a naked flame, naked truth etc). I think you mean nude, as in no-clothes. Someone can be nude but not naked if they were a black belt in karate or a boxer etc.....

lol

sorry, just being pedantic. Nakid / nude is a fav gripe of mine!

As for the nude angle, the camera was picked with that in mind, ie its not high enough quality so that folk would feel like every detail is on show, and the viewer cant see anything that they shouldnt.... if ya get me.

During Mon-Night-Madness there may well be some sights on the beach, but the camera doesnt have night-time visability so privacy is maintained!

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Shame the web-cam wasn't up 3 yrs ago when I tied the knot down there, t'would've saved me a bit on the video! Glad it wasn't down there recording all those summer nights before that though!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Rider, is there any way to tell how many people are watching the web cam at one time?

sorry Snow. Dont have that info.

TW... a wedding on the beach? Cool. I think I remember a bride in full rig-out on the beach a few years ago, having a few pics taken. I wonder if that was you!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballyb Rescue

Rider, is there any way to tell how many people are watching the web cam at one time?

Hi snow, no there is no way to tell how many, at present, are looking at our web camera.

However if more than 30 people log on at the same time no more can get into it.....at present.

Once we have our website up and running for Ballybunion Sea and Cliff Rescue the video feed will be moved to that site. Rider or myself will keep everyone informed.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ballyb

that is not true ok we do get some people from limerick but alot of them dont cause trouble we now have a community centre, new park,swimming pool and lots more so dont you diss ballybunion like that and what was with the comment about the locals we're not strange and you obviously and talking nonsense to say someting like that b.t.w i am a local and do not appreciate that comment!

Ballyb wrote: »
    that is not true ok we do get some people from limerick but alot of them dont cause trouble we now have a community centre, new park,swimming pool and lots more so dont you diss ballybunion like that and what was with the comment about the locals we're not strange and you obviously and talking nonsense to say someting like that b.t.w i am a local and do not appreciate that comment!

Hi Ballyb, I can't see who upset you and I've gone back quite a few pages... Who was dissin Ballyb? They'll have me to answer to aswell!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jezzag

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if anyone knows the date of the Asdee races this year? I have been googling without any success. It's one event I always try to go to when possible.

A bit late, SevenTractors, but better late than never. Was in Ballyb this Sunday and saw a poster. Races next Sunday (11th, fun starts at 1pm). Been wanting to go to this for years, and as it happens we have family over, so will definitely be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 ballybunionlad

Hi Ballyb, I can't see who upset you and I've gone back quite a few pages... Who was dissin Ballyb? They'll have me to answer to aswell!:mad:

I think Ballyb was talking about the poster on page 1 of the thread. Alfosudscrazy I think is the username. It was just a comment knocking Ballybunion saying its full of scummers and stuff like that. He/she is obviously from some bog hole in the middle of nowhere and is jealous of what us Ballybunion folk have on our door step.

• Advertisement

I hope it wasnt a reply to what Alphasud said, as that was over 4 years ago! Its a bit much to be dragging up the past and commenting on something on page 1!

Well, winter is on its way in Ballyb. Its def getting cooler. It was about 9degree C last night. The nights are drawing in. Getting dark about 7-8 now. But the days are bright (if a bit cool).

Small bit of news: Scanlons shop (East End, opp the Garda sth) is closed / stopped trading. I dont know if its due to the recession or another reason. The shop will be missed. It was a grand place to drop in for your few bits & pieces and staff always so friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

yep I was in there a good few times over me stays

I'm sorry to hear about Scanlon's. I was in there a couple times...couldn't start the day with my Denny's sausages.

Not enough custom in a quiet town. I took this pic 1 year ago today at about 2.00PM
    copyofimg1484.th.jpg

That's that ice-cream parlour over on the right of that picture. Used to be Greaney's Chemist. Then Greaney's grandson had a restaurant there (which had the best garlic and chive bread I have ever eaten ANYWHERE) and now an ice-cream parlour with lovely homemadey stuff. The bannoffee pie with warm toffee sauce and the baileys blast are really something special!:D

Ballyb needs more businesses like this one. Family friendly. Good products, reasonably priced. Mostly good service. (One surly staff member but she's a teenager and thats what you get if you hire teenagers sometimes!- I just don't tip her!Otherwise excellent staff.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CARRIG SON

Hello to all. This is a great thread, so i decided to start posting.
    I have been to Ballybunion three times, my mother was born and raised there.
    Her name is Nora (Carrig) Hughes, daughter of Jack and Hanna Carrig.Besides Carrigs, I have relatives in the McMahon and O'Conner families. Does anyone know of Chris or Franky O'Conner from Ballybunion?

Again this is a wonderful thread and I hope to get to know many of you. regards Kevin H

Welcome, Kevin H. There's always room for a new face here.

Ballyb needs more businesses like this one...

+1
    CARRIG SON wrote: »
    Does anyone know of Chris or Franky O'Conner from Ballybunion?

Franky the builder? Yup, I know him. He is still going strong.

More news: Ballyloughran Leisure centre has closed its doors. Another business lost from the Ballyb area :-(

there seems to be a lot of places closing :( I hope it changes,

hi Kevin

I know this is not the place to be asking this but if you cant ask friends who can you ask :)

is the new post link gone from the froum I dont see ti any more and I used to ues it alot, it was how I found this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭A90Six

It's been over two years since I last posted, but I'm back - not just on this board, but in Ballyb full time.

A90Six wrote: »
    It's been over two years since I last posted, but I'm back - not just on this board, but in Ballyb full time.

The Prodigal Son returns!

As my dad used to say, "Account for thy stewardship or thy shall be steward no more." (Where he got that, I'll never know.)

Thats awful about Ballyloughrane. The only warm pool in the area (Ballyb LC pool is lovely to look at but GLACIAL to swim in!) and the most mellow gym. I will miss it!

Wow!

Looks like someone straightened the Ballybunioncam.

And look at the length of the shadows under the castle.

ohbaby.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭UpTheAshes

Those are some beautiful photographs by A90Six (post # 1342, Page 90). Thank you for posting them A90Six. They are well worth checking out. The photo of Cnocanore is striking, with the Cashen and the mountains behind. When I was a young fella we were told that on a clear day it was possible to see America -if you had enough drink taken. Strangely, I could only find the pics on the post when I was logged out. When I logged in I could not see them, they were not available any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

A90Six wrote: »

Great photos. They really make me want to return. Well, maybe next August. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Hasschu

Outstanding work, this view is taken from very close to where my sister lives. It looks better on the photo than in real life. Many thanks for this.

Welcome back A90six ! GREAT photos !!

And for those that like a heads-up on these things.... the Ballyb unit of the Coast Guard will be climbing (training) on Saturday. Prob near the Castle Green ..... if you want to take a photo or two! ;-) We will be at it for hours ...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭UpTheAshes

I notice that the webcam (Ladie's beach) on visitballybunion.com now requires a password. What a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Price of a Pint

UpTheAshes wrote: »
    I notice that the webcam (Ladie's beach) on visitballybunion.com now requires a password. What a pity.

I agree.
    It's a pity.
    Can this be changed back?

Advertisement