Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ballybunion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Ballybunion's SuperValu

:eek: They went right past the Denny's sausages!

Aer Lingus is going to kill me with temptation.

$139 = €99.04

139w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭J.R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 irishfella11

whats monday night madness all about, wheres the best places to go on the pull and wheres the best clubs/pubs in town - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

It's where people get out of their minds drunk and wreak havok on the local community breaking businness' windows etc. Apparently. New stories of which windows and wing mirrors were done in every Tuesday morning. The kind of stuff that made me not want to live there anymore -except in my case it was people having sex on the bonnet of my car and pissing in my doorway!:D Delightful stuff. They don't call it the Madness for nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Aer Lingus is going to kill me with temptation.

$139 = €99.04

139w.jpg
    is it cheaper to book from the usa version of aerlingus??like if i booked 2 singles flights from new york to shannon

is it cheaper to book from the usa version of aerlingus??like if i booked 2 singles flights from new york to shannon

That's an interesting question. I think maybe you can. I went to Aer Lingus' website, changed country at the top of the page to "Ireland" and picked the dates. It is listing some dates as costing $139.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭fintonie

It sounds to good to be true, very cheap if your getting them at that price on the plane with you, up up up and away, before you know it you will be on main street.

what part of the States are you living at the moment .

fintonie wrote: »
    what part of the States are you living at the moment .

The Cultural Center of the Cosmos: The Bronx :D

• Advertisement

The Ballybunion Thread joins the "100,000 Views Club"!!

e118.gif

congrats on that 1, I spent a bit of time in the bainbridge area meself in the late 80s.

congrats on that 1, I spent a bit of time in the bainbridge area meself in the late 80s.

Back then Bainbridge and 204th...that neighborhood sounded like the 33rd county. Irish accents all over the place.

Back then Bainbridge and 204th...that neighborhood sounded like the 33rd county. Irish accents all over the place.

yeh was some spot i was 205th but every weekend the hispanics (dont know how to spell that) came up for a good ould row but was a good spot, the emerald was me haunt or the 32

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

wow this thread really took off since i was last on it!that was about 3 years ago though:P looks like i've got some readin to do!!:D

wow this thread really took off since i was last on it!that was about 3 years ago though:P looks like i've got some readin to do!!:D

enjoy enjoy, and if you got any news let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Anyone know how the tag rugby went????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Misticalz2003

Anyone able to tell me when Monday Night Madness stops??

I'm hooked even more so this summer to it lol dont want it to end

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

Anyone able to tell me when Monday Night Madness stops??

I'm hooked even more so this summer to it lol dont want it to end

I believe the last official Monday Nite Madness is the October bank holiday weekend, in aid of Ballybunion Sea and Cliff Rescue.

But it generally stops after the Listowel Races.

Bill Clinton names his favorite golf course: Ballybunion in County Kerry

Former U.S. President describes his love of the Irish golf club

Bill Clinton has declared that his favorite golf course is Ballybunion in County Kerry.

The former U.S. president nominated the famous links course as his favorite in the world in the 50th anniversary issue of Golf magazine.

“I love it,” Clinton said of Ballybunion’s course. “It's perfectly Irish: beautiful, rough, and a lot like life — you get breaks you don't deserve, both ways. You just have to keep swinging and know it will all even out.”

"Before I even set foot on Ballybunion Golf Club, the historic links on the southwest coast of Ireland, I had played it in my mind with the aid of photographs and an old course guide lent to me by an English friend."

“It was an overcast and windy day as I joined Dick, Irish finance minister Charlie McCreevy, club captain Brian McCarthy, and the great Christy O'Connor on the links.”

The President goes on to describe the “intimidation” he felt while playing his favorite golf course.

“I stood on the first tee in front of more than 10,000 people, without having taken a single practice shot, looking at one of the most intimidating opening shots in golf.

“A cemetery borders the fairway for 200 yards down the right side, and on that day, a strong wind was blowing from left to right. I aimed the driver well left but the wind curved it over and beyond the cemetery anyway. I was so keyed up I missed the next two shots and made a triple-bogey 7.

Since his first experience on Ballybunion, Clinton has played the course twice more, and has visited his one and only statue in the world, a life-size bronze figure in the center of Ballybunion several miles from the clubhouse.

You can read the entire article at IrishCentral.com

• Advertisement

Did he notice that he was missing a ball... from the bronze statue that is!:D

Did he notice that he was missing a ball... from the bronze statue that is!:D

Hillary has the real ones! :pac:

Hillary has the real ones! :pac:

for safe keeping, Monica got a plaster cast:)

for safe keeping, Monica got a plaster cast:)

...and a plastered dress! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I am from Limerick City and my grandparents have a mobile home in ballyb for over 30 years. They spend so much time there they are considered locals. Anywho, i went there last weekend for the first time in about 14 years. Couldnt beleive the changes and yet the place is the same!! Glad to see none of Limerick scumbags there. M grandparents babysat for me and I headed out on the fri + sat for few drinks. It was impromptu so I was on my own and was not on my own for long. really friendly, and didnt see any troulble anywhere. My son had agreat weekend too, the new park is great. He spent hours there, better than the two swings and the dodgy roundabout I remember!!!!

Ah I dunno about the old swings and roundabout. I met many many of my exes on those swings. Usually when I was about 6 I would throw a fella out of the park telling them that since my house backed onto the park that the park belonged to my Daddy and that they had to get out. Met my husband by doing this! Generally after about 10 years they would decide I was a very interesting person and want to bring me back to the swings at about 4 in the morning! ;) So the old swings rocked for me (Phnar phnar!) The new swings are too narrow for my hips! :( But my daughter (~16mths!) thinks they're great.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ballybunion is all over Liveline for your Monday Madness.

Ah I dunno about the old swings and roundabout. I met many many of my exes on those swings. Usually when I was about 6 I would throw a fella out of the park telling them that since my house backed onto the park that the park belonged to my Daddy and that they had to get out. Met my husband by doing this! Generally after about 10 years they would decide I was a very interesting person and want to bring me back to the swings at about 4 in the morning! ;) So the old swings rocked for me (Phnar phnar!) The new swings are too narrow for my hips! :( But my daughter (~16mths!) thinks they're great.:D

the swings the swings
    the swings said she
    take me there and ill
    show you me
    sore knee.

so I DID

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

mike65 wrote: »
    Ballybunion is all over Liveline for your Monday Madness.

I think there were complaints about noise / boy-racers / drinking in the streets ..... but this is a sea-side town in summer (ignore the weather!) There is going to be life & noise & revelry. Some folk are never happy.

The Monday night madness has become a bit wild all-right. With folk being bus'ed in from Cork, Limerick, Dublin and I head that folk in Belfast were talking about us!
    Still, summer is nearly over .... only 1 more Monday before the schools go back (50% of MNM party goers are under 18 I reckon) so it might get quieter. It will go on until the Listowel races are over.

For those of you that like your fun a bit more calm, I am told that Wednesday is the new Monday .... ie, more like the way Monday was.

• Advertisement

the swings the swings
    the swings said she
    take me there and ill
    show you me
    sore knee.

so I DID

Really? I'm confused now... are you one of the legion of man-children who lead me astray in Ballybunion park or was it someone else you were showing your sore knee to?;)

Advertisement