Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Boards.ie - Final Round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

tovalee wrote:
    hi, if you were referring tothis post i put in the accessability/mobility/ disablity forum, i apologize, i didnt mean to offend anyone. that is the only forum ,and in fact the only mention of survivor i've put anywhere outside of the thread itsself and only thought it might be an appropriate forum to raise awareness to the fact that I honestly am intending to donate the money to researching genetic diseases. again i apologize for any misunderstanding, i only titled the thread "spamming for a cure" as a sort of tongue in cheek gesture but apparently it was not taken as such. :(

How can anyone want tovalee to win after doing what she did above? Go to the link that's highlighted in the above quote and watch her begging those with disabilities to vote for her to win a Survivor GAME! It's only a GAME!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

you B*tch!! ... lol i would take back my vote if i could

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,612 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

tovalee wrote:
    congratulations MAyor :)

We are still neck and neck :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

MD get's my vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

How can anyone want tovalee to win after doing what she did above? Go to the link that's highlighted in the above quote and watch her begging those with disabilities to vote for her to win a Survivor GAME! It's only a GAME!
    its sickening the way your twisting my intentions. nice guy indeed!

• Advertisement

yeah that's why i voted for mayor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Duracell bunny..... It just keeps going, and going......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Now that's pretty close. I may have just tipped the scales over. Sorry about that! ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Given the current status of the score, 50 - 50, am I correct in presuming that nobody wants either to win, or loose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Blinking flip, I take back my last post. While writing it some fekr came in and voted.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote:
    We are still neck and neck :D
    when i posted that, i thought the poll had already closed! :)

tovalee wrote:
    hi, if you were referring tothis post i put in the accessability/mobility/ disablity forum, i apologize, i didnt mean to offend anyone. that is the only forum ,and in fact the only mention of survivor i've put anywhere outside of the thread itsself and only thought it might be an appropriate forum to raise awareness to the fact that I honestly am intending to donate the money to researching genetic diseases. again i apologize for any misunderstanding, i only titled the thread "spamming for a cure" as a sort of tongue in cheek gesture but apparently it was not taken as such. :(

It's pretty difficult to twist the above! Exploiting those with disabilities to win the contest? Shameful! It would be a disgrace if you were to win using such tactics. mayordenis never stooped to such a despicable level. If people check the link in the above quote they will see what you're really up to!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

It's pretty difficult to twist the above! Exploiting those with disabilities to win the contest? Shameful! It would be a disgrace if you were to win using such tactics. mayordenis never stooped to such a despicable level. If people check the link in the above quote they will see what you're really up to!

sheesh. so what's your stake in mayor winning? you guys gonna split the big prize? yea, i'm a bad person for wanting to send a little cash to the juvenile diabetes research fund. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

no, your a bad person for whoring the misfortune of others in an attempt to garnish a few votes in a meaningless contest.

tovalee, I don't care about who wins. I do care about you exploiting those with disabilities in order to win this competition. If you were going to give the money to disadvantaged people, that's fine. You mentioned you were doing this already. But why did you then go to the forum for people with disabilities and beg them for their vote? It was disgraceful.

"Give me a vote please and I'll help people like you!"

Horrible stuff.

ah well, i'm not going to defend myself anymore. my intentions were good, but misunderstood. i apologised several times already for any misunderstandings, i explained that i did it because someone i love dearly suffers with juvenile diabetes, i could give a rat's a** about your game, i was trying to help. the end

3 mins left according to GMT...vote now if you haven't yet!

I can't see why someone would want to vote for tovalee unless they support people who exploit those with serious disabilities...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Just voted...

Gonna be a close one...

Wow! 1 vote to MD in the dying seconds, then in the last few second someone voted for Tovalee!

It's a tie!

• Advertisement

Congratulations tovalee. Exploiting those less fortunate than you has paid off. Don't think it will lead me to give you my vote though if it is required. I find your tactics to be revolting and if you do win and you hand in the money to a charity and the charity knew what you'd done to attain said money, they'd refuse to take it. Sickening tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Well that sucks!

sorry MNG, you're not dragging me into an argument. See post #107 please.

tovalee wrote:
    sorry MNG, you're not dragging me into an argument. See post #107 please.

See post #73 for the moderator of the disability forum's opinion. I don't want to argue with you either. I only argue with people I respect. I said some flattering things about you and the other contestants in the last round. I stand by the comments I made about the others but I take back what I said about you. Your tactics have left a sour taste in the mouth of myself and many others.

I don't feel disabled people should be exploited so you can have the satisfaction of saying you won the first ever Boards Survivor contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

When it comes to talkin about people tactics, i really think you should shut it.

When it comes to talkin about people tactics, i really think you should shut it.

My tactics never involved utilising those with special needs for my own ends. As for me shutting it, you resorted to the very same tactics as me so get off your high horse.

My tactics never involved utilising those with special needs for my own ends. As for me shutting it, you resorted to the very same tactics as me so get off your high horse.

Can I tell you to shut it then?

Myth - Shush.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

with regards me doin the same tactics i only pm the people that were in my private messages, people i sold things to etc......not every tom dick and harry on boards.

• Advertisement

Myth wrote:
    Can I tell you to shut it then?

No, it would be rude. ;)

Advertisement