Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor: Boards.ie - Final Round

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Mayordenis is a Female?

LOL
    this . . . . . thing in my pants would make being a female somewhat odd.
    But ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Trojan wrote:
    You may.

Why do you want to ban me? Because I questioned tovalee's motives? I know I have not played this game like a saint. That is why I'm suspicious though!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

mayordenis wrote:
    LOL
    this . . . . . thing in my pants would make being a female somewhat odd.
    But ok!

My mistake....or Mr. Nice Guys I mean.
    Add this to your earlier realisation that you badly want to win this contest and you're left with a contestant who has left her sneakiness until very late indeed!

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    oh christ tovalee!! what were you thinking?

its only a fecking game! diabetes actually means something to a lot of people. (i know, I work in Diabetic Nephropathy research). This is not something to be toyed with for the purpose of winning this pissant little competition.

Thats exactly it,
    not the kinda thing to do here.
    But your intentions were somewhat admirable in hindsight,
    And it was just a lil careless but people should relax on this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Perhaps we should just be happy that a charity is a couple of squid richer?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

mayordenis wrote:
    Thats exactly it,
    not the kinda thing to do here.
    But your intentions were somewhat admirable in hindsight,
    And it was just a lil careless but people should relax on this.
    well i dunno, maybe your right, i'm just not happy with it.

but i guess if you can be the bigger person about it so can i.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Just for the hell of it. As I said.

Take it offline, let's keep this thread relatively spam-free...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Its an anti-climax really.

No €100,000 jeeps to give to the other contestants. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Threw my vote to tovalee to balance the pole. 50% each at time of post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭tovalee

ok, just to set the record straight.im not using anything to win anything. again, i never really cared about the winnings in the first place. when it occured to me that the money from the contest might be put to some good use, i decided to try to win. end of story. i chose juvenile diabetes asnd cystic fibrosis because people i know personnaly and care deeply about suffer from these diseases, so in that respect, yes it is selfish. i'm making a donation whether i win or not, but the oppurtunity to perhaps donate a little more in the name of the boards.ie community presented itself and obviously it was misinterpreted. as i said earlier, vote for whoever, this has gone way out of hand. just dont try to make it sound like i dont care.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

tovalee wrote:
    hi, if you were referring tothis post i put in the accessability/mobility/ disablity forum, i apologize, i didnt mean to offend anyone. that is the only forum ,and in fact the only mention of survivor i've put anywhere outside of the thread itsself and only thought it might be an appropriate forum to raise awareness to the fact that I honestly am intending to donate the money to researching genetic diseases. again i apologize for any misunderstanding, i only titled the thread "spamming for a cure" as a sort of tongue in cheek gesture but apparently it was not taken as such. :(
    Tovalee, gimme a break!

That kind of crap wouldn't be tolerated under any other circumstances and I don't appreciate you using the forum for this kind of thing.

You didn't even have the courtesy to PM me before doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*RETURN OF BK POSE*

are we gonna have any spin off threads?

*VICTORY POSE*

was thinking of a Posing thread...OR EVEN A FORUM!!!

so tovelee + maywhateveritis how do you intend to invest on your obvious boardsie fame after this? any exciting threads planned?

i still express my anger at being the first out! (mr nice guy should have been)

*SUPER ANGRY POSE*

I'm waiting until the final few hours of polling until casting my vote. It's interesting watching how the final events are unfurling. Unfurling I tells ya.

*cackles away to himself*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

i voted for mayordenis cos i know his name from from the soccer board and also because I think this whole giving to charity thing is a bit sad really.

anyway, 44 each now, go team!

wait a second, there are no teams. ok, go individuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I voted for tovalee, but I flipped a coin. I haven't a notion of what you kids have been up to.

Good luck anyways.

BlitzKrieg wrote:

i still express my anger at being the first out! (mr nice guy should have been)

*SUPER ANGRY POSE*

Say what? Why should I have been the first out? I played this game better than you did. :D

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

yes...you kept your motuh shut and lay low...zzzzzzz i was shocked you lasted so long.

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    yes...you kept your motuh shut and lay low...zzzzzzz i was shocked you lasted so long.

My my you haven't been following this contest have you? Using "zzzzzzz" is not the way many would describe my game! Do yourself a favour and look at the previous rounds and you'll see how I not only brought this contest to everyone's attention but how I also saved my arse on numerous occasions!
    I didn't get to the last three by keeping my mouth shut! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

heh, tempers rising in the final stage I see.. how very exciting. And still neck-and-neck at 45 votes each - whatever will happen next?!

For superfluous reasons (as stated in previous rounds) I still hope mayordeanials loses both game and dignity. Which means tovalee gets my vote by default.

Despite his strong performance in the last round, I still can't believe the mayor made it this far.

• Advertisement

Goodshape wrote:
    For superfluous reasons (as stated in previous rounds) I still hope mayordeanials loses both game and dignity. Which means tovalee gets my vote by default.

I really thought you were gonna do the honourable thing and that was after relentlessly slating me for no reason at all, you might actually change your tune and give me a small amount of support everyone else has been havin a laugh with this game.
    You've just been acting the prick.
    It's a real shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

mayordenis wrote:
    I really thought
    This was your first mistake.

Second mistake (and an extension of the first) was thinking that I wasn't having a laugh.

haha etc.

i realised that the wording of this post may be what offended some people, so i'd just like to clarify. I did NOT offer to donate in order to win. I wanted to win so that i COULD. ok,you'll hear no more of it from me. I just dont want people to misunderstand my intentions.I apologise to anyone who i may have offended or who misunderstood my meaning.
    tovalee wrote:
    I know that up until now, i've been very neutral in my game strategy.And i've said i didnt want the prize. But it occured to me today that i do infact,want it quite badly. Please vote for me. I will ask Grdon that the prize go here or to a similar organization in the name of the boards.ie community.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

mayordenis in the lead by one vote so far and we have one more day of voting to go.

I will be away this weekend for Greek Easter as of tonight so will miss the final tally. If it turns out that it is a draw then I will base the conclusion on a vote from all previous contestants. Therefore in the case of a draw - can all previous contestants vote here.

Good luck to ya!

50 - 50...and I still haven't voted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Incidentally, I'm not sure if OFDM will vote, but if he does his vote is welcome. If he hasn't voted already, please check the prison forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

2% in da difference

congratulations MAyor :)

I've just evened the scores. I'd have waited til later, but I'm outta here for a bit.

50% - 50%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Well i just unevened them in tovalee's favour...meh like the name better ;)

Advertisement