Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scrap Fair city

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Interesting point that, but that does happen in other soaps too, though probably not as often.

Home and away, changed Pippa (sp?)

Corrie - Tacey, is not the original actress, if I recall well enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Yah, Kate Ford isn't the original Tracy.

Home and Away actor changes - Flynn, Pippa, Dani's mother, umm ... I dunno who else.

Can I ask a question about last night's Fair City? Where the hell did those two eejits come out of - the two girls complaining about their flatmate? Did they just come outta nowhere?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

tinkerbell wrote:
    Can I ask a question about last night's Fair City? Where the hell did those two eejits come out of - the two girls complaining about their flatmate? Did they just come outta nowhere?!!!

Sarah (the brown haired girl) has been init awhile. She went out with Floyd and Darren Doyle. She's a right little moan and stuck up her own hole.

Never seen the blonde one before. Terrible actress as well might i add

tinkerbell wrote:
    Yah, Kate Ford isn't the original Tracy.

Home and Away actor changes - Flynn, Pippa, Dani's mother, umm ... I dunno who else.

The dark haired girl has been in it before, she tends to come and go. She a mate of Suzanne's was having it off with Darren for awhile, donno who the others were, they are new ok. Fine lokking girls too, I must add!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The following have all had at least two actors/actresses playing their part

Mags Kelly
    Kay McCoy
    Noeleen McCoy
    Jimmy Doyle
    Darren Doyle
    Yvonne Doyle
    Dolores Molloy
    Wayne Molloy
    Farrah Phelan (Three separate actresses)

I'm sure I'll think of more

The blizzard of odd did an excelent skit of this. They mention other soaps as well but concluded with Fair City being the worst in realtion to this.

Farrah Phelan had 3 actresses player her, with in about 4 months. The last actress was the worst. The first two where actually two of the best actresses in Fair City.

• Advertisement

Oh my god, would Robin just ... aaaargh!!

She is so annoying, this thing about her not going to the doctor is so thick - Jimmy is such a dopey eejit for believing her!

Why am I watching this ... why oh why! Well, actually, I have a valid reason - I'm fed up of studying all day, so my brain needs to focus on something totally mind-numbing to recuperate. And what could possibly be more mind-numbing than Fair City!

Oh my god, KEN! I hate even looking at him - he's such a dweeb! (Heh, haven't used that word in sooooo long).

Hey! Does anyone notice the bus stop - the 19 and 19A buses run there!

tinkerbell wrote:
    Hey! Does anyone notice the bus stop - the 19 and 19A buses run there!

From what i've heard thats an actual bus stop somewhere in Drumcondra. Could have been someone just havin a laugh with me tho...

From what i've heard thats an actual bus stop somewhere in Drumcondra. Could have been someone just havin a laugh with me tho...

I think it is on set.

nah, that bus stop is in the RTE studio place that they film all the outdoor takes.

Guess someone was just tryin to winde me up

• Advertisement

So I guess then if I jumped on the 19 or the 19A, I wouldn't land in Carrigstown then, no? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

tinkerbell wrote:
    So I guess then if I jumped on the 19 or the 19A, I wouldn't land in Carrigstown then, no? :D

You wouldn't land in Drumcondra either. :)

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Aww they gotta stop this fake pregnancy story , flips sake!

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    Aww they gotta stop this fake pregnancy story , flips sake!
    I hope Jimmy kicks the stupid bitch out when he finds out she's being lying.

I wouldn't mind by she used to be a really nice character, by now, my God, I can't stand her. She's one evil bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

tinkerbell wrote:

first flaw - setting it in a ficticious place

'But you can't set it somewhere real'

Why not? Be innovative, be the first to do so and see what happens

first flaw - setting it in a ficticious place

'But you can't set it somewhere real'

Where is Bekinsdale?
    Where is Coronation St.?
    Where is Albert Sq.?
    Where is Wisteria Lane?

OH WAIT WHERE IS GLENROE??????????

Wicklow. Ah! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Elmo wrote:
    Where is Bekinsdale?
    Where is Coronation St.?
    Where is Albert Sq.?
    Where is Wisteria Lane?

OH WAIT WHERE IS GLENROE??????????
    Wicklow. Ah! :rolleyes:

That's why I said
    nlgbbbblth wrote:
    Be innovative, be the first to do so and see what happens

That's why I said

They have done with Glenroe. :rolleyes:

Jesus the new McCoys is dire!way rathered the old pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Yes, the resemblences of recent storylines definately mirror those of Corrie and Eastenders. Also, certain actors are, to put it one way, "past their sell-by date". For example, Pascal. He needs to pause every half a sentence to draw breath and is not able for it anymore. Scrap him. The show used to be good but has gone downhill this year. And what's the story with the storylines based around pregnancy and children?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Ah ya can't scrap Fair City. It's great entertainment! It is so funny, these people call themselves actors!! I think there are a few, few I said, actual actors in the soap and it must be very frustrating for them having crap storylines and crap people to work with. They had this woman chef in the bistro one time and I nearly wet myself watching her act. TERRIBLE! oh it was hilarious! :D

Yeah Ros Na Run, so much better. Hard to believe its be going for 9 years now!! I'm getting old! :eek:

Ye may wanna scrap Fair City for it crap storylines lately, but did ye know that Fair City was the first soap to intoduce a Gay character.

The billy meehan story had people glued to the TV.

The Harry Malloy murder increased viewing numbers also.

At the moment, they may look like they are itching for new storylines, but that happens in all soaps, they will have there ups and downs.

Pascal, should really be made leave the show, and I think Eunice should also be asked to leave. They need some new young blood.... and not in the form of Kurt and his folks!!!

Aww Billy ,meehan was brilliant!!
    I t was so seedy ya could see the reality in it !Twas great!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

memphis fair city was the first soap to have a gay thats mind blowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

there was a gay couple in eastenders in the mid 80's & a guy guy in brookside too this was around 1985-86 before fair city even started, but i do think fair city has the honour of the first(male) gay kiss in a soap opera I think anna friel & her ginger mate had a lesbian kiss in brookie some time before this.
    For what its worth the casting ,writing & production in fair city are as bad if not worse than the acting.One of the great things about corrie ( which i do watch )& eastenders ( which i dont really watch )is the quality of the casting - the good actors more than make up for the crap ones but more importantly familes are actually credible & not just a mish mash of people who look & sound nothing like their apparent siblings.

i find myself watching fair city from time to time but i tend to think thats because theres fukk all on tv rather than its "quality"

Ok, so it was the first soap to air a gay kiss then. I knew there was something about it.

Ok, so it was the first soap to air a gay kiss then. I knew there was something about it.

Nope It didn't happen, It was about to happen when another character walks in.

No the first gay kiss on Irish TV goes to Ros Na Run, not sure if that goes for other soaps over in Britian.

It happened on Trá Ros Na Run, wow in a public place, flith down with with this kind of thing.

Also Ros Na Run main gay characters (a couple) sucessfully adopted(perhaps not adopt but foster?) one of their Nephews when the boys mother ran off.

This kiss was between one of the characters in the couple and the vet (who was going out with the doctor (female) at the time).
    i find myself watching fair city from time to time but i tend to think thats because theres fukk all on tv rather than its "quality"

This is true of all soaps.

oh Eoghan wasnt that the name of the gay lad in Fair city?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

OLDYELLAR wrote:
    oh Eoghan wasnt that the name of the gay lad in Fair city?
    Yeah that was it! Somebody I was in school with was banned from watching it around then cos there was "a gay" in it...anyhoos whats the guy who plays Kurt's dad annoys me with that crappy Dublin accent he's trying to do!! I am from dub-a-lin...etc etc"

• Advertisement

heh imagine your parents banning you from watching it because theres a gay in it , im pretty sure its not airbourne :D Oh jesus Kurts whole family and that Judy girl and Lily all annoy me!

Advertisement