Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst area in dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

This thread is getting silly.
    So many people saying things like "yah I saw this like, total scumbag, hit this guy in Donnybrook, so like, its a bit rough there"
    Basically, sheltered twats who dont know the meaning of the term "no go area" ..
    Unsubscribing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭billstraighten

foxrock...its full of coke heads who think there mad going around jumping on people

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Also an honurable metion should go to harmonstown which hasn't been metioned yet

That has to be a Joke....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Darndale isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.I live in Baldoyle:D and although not the worst i wouldn't want to walk through moyclare or seagrange if you didn't know anyone but i know all those people so its ok for me.Anyone have any opinions about baldoyle please share.

I do hope you're kidding about Seagrange - I grew up there. There's never any hassle in Seagrange. The worst you'd get would be a drive-by knitting incident.

Moyclare on the other hand is another story - remember that contract killing a few years back? It was always rough from when it was built in the early 80's.
    I have also noticed that donaghmede is becoming worse again nowhere near the worst but it,baldoyle,kilbarrack and bayside(not as bad as the other 3) are all getting worse
    The trouble in Donaghmede is due to an element coming from Edenmore not wanting to p*ss on their own doorsteps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

foxrock...its full of coke heads who think there mad going around jumping on people

yeah but not in their own area so its still a damn sight better than alot of places in dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

i meant seagrange park because of all of moylclare goin down and robbin people and about seagrange i can name more than a few familys from there which you wouldn't want to annoy although i dont know what age you are so i wouldnt know what timeframe you would have grown up there but when they used to have the flat roofs they were pretty bad

and yes i was serious about harmonstown small yes but makes up for it with the scum walkin round it i saw a 6 year old wit a joint there yesterday walkin down the road wit a knife clearly visible comin out of his pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Reading this thread would make you think Dublin is an absolute warzone. Every city is going to be dangerous, be thankful it's not America and we don't have mass guncrime. I'm from Shankill which has been mentioned in this thread a couple of times and it's not dangerous. There's a huge council estate that I wouldn't venture too far into late at night but that's where the train station is so I walk through it alot and have never even been hassled once. In any city you have to be somewhat cautious as there are always criminals and people you'd want to avoid about.

Now I live in Cologne and have to say I do feel safer here but in Germany they have a large social problem with so many Turk's living here and I do believe the Turkish areas are less than desirable but I live nowhere near them. A friend from Berlin tells me about the Turkish areas there and it sounds like a very serious problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

dundrum is anything but rough and milltown is alright as its easy to get places from there and its close to ranelagh. some parts of the city centre I wouldn't like to be around after dark, clondalkin, bray, cabra has gangs of kids roaming all night, crumlin does too though

I worked as a policeman in Sundrive Rd covering Drimnagh/Crumlin/Dolphins Barn,
    moved to Dundrum station last year and its a different world , different job !!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Martel

I've got some experience of some of Dublin's areas.

Ringsend/Pearce Street - Lived on the Ringsend Road during the summer with my girlfriend, and it really isn't all that bad. Only problem I had while living there was the day I moved out, some little sh*t heads threw stones at the car while we were loading it up. I often walked, in the dark, from the City Centre to Ringsend, no problems, though the area between Pearse Street Station and the Apache Pizza had me on full alert. All the new developement seems to have calmed the place down, most of the people there seem to be foreign students and young business people.

Ballymun - Not as bad as it used to be, I'm in DCU and have spent some time around the area and I have relatives involved in the regeneration project. It certainly ain't good though, people who say "I live there, it's fine" usually have little experience of elsewhere. Young scum around the Ballymun entrance to DCU can be an issue, seen a guy getting smacked around there by a shell suit wearing rubber head and even the kids are trouble. And the buses are mad sometimes, had ten (no exageration) guys smoking dope in front of me one day (my head was spinning by the time I got off the bus), and the bus evacuated another day cause some scum bag started punching the light fittings, girls were screaming and there was blood all over him and his "mot".

Coolock/Darndale - Darndale is one of the few areas in Dublin I just wouldn't go to, spent alot of time in surrounding areas, and the burnt out cars , kids of wrecked horses and ambush-tastic lane ways kept me away.

Blancherstown - My cousin moved there and was mugged twice within a 1 month period I think, but that was walking through lanes at night IIRC, seems an okay enough place during the day using the roads.

Killester - Lived there for 15 years, not a bad old place, only problems I had involved going into Donnycarney, which was like 20 metres away, what a difference 20 metres makes.

Raheny - Nice enough area, but it's surrounded by some pretty rough places, Killbarrack, Edenmore, etc etc.

What really gets on my nerves is when people say they'd take scum over posh twats any day. I lived in Clontarf for a year, the relief! The constant feeling of safety was great. Even if people from there do seem kinda smug I don't care, smuggness never kicked my ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I lived on Parnell Street ( the Marlborough Road end) for about a year. Dodgy area but i never had any hastle. Except one night there was a running riot between the Guards and A big gang of scobies. The Guards used my car (which was the only one parked on the road) for shelter agin' the missles. All i could do was watch helplessly from my car

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mickybo

Kevo wrote:
    Bray can be a bit dodgy at times. Havent had any trouble lately though. Shankill isnt the best either, loads of Spaniards get beaten up there every summer.

i heard bray was really posh and is it bray in wicklow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

bray is dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

mickybo wrote:
    i heard bray was really posh and is it bray in wicklow.

Can't help but laugh at this sentence. Just where did you get this info from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

mickybo wrote:
    i heard bray was really posh
    lol7eh.gif

As already stated, most of Bray is in Wicklow but a few of the estates are in Dublin. Besides, someone said Leixlip already...http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2547452&postcount=60
    the syco wrote:
    Not in Dublin, but all the scumbags act as if it were; Confey. 80% full of scum. the other 20% are nice people.
    I can't disagree with that, except to say that it's not just the Confey side of Leixlip. Confey just has the reputation, it's like the whole Northside-Southside thing. And it's not as high as 80% scum, I would say 67%.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Bray is fine...besides a couple of estates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Bray is grand, its just a big place with a few knacker holes. I would have thought Darndale would be one of the worst places in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

Yeah, that's the thing about it, Bray is a town of 30,000 there's inevitably going to be a lot of scumbags but the proportion of scum is probably the same as everywhere else. Same way I feel about Tallaght and Blanchardstown really. Tallaght's bigger than Galway city ffs, there's obviously going to be some dodgy areas.

It's too difficult to say what the worst area in Dublin is really. TBH I haven't visited most of the so-called "dodgy" places so I couldn't comment. But a fella I know who lives in Coolock says its pretty bad. The inner city is quite rough in places as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Ah Bray! It gets a terrible hard time, but it's a lot better than most of the kips in Dublin.

It's been a running joke for as long as I can remember. Mention to someone that you're going out to Bray.. "Oooo, hate that".

Bray is a little depressing at times though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

not a big fan of bray but there are some nice areas

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

I'd say bray is about the same as Raheny i mean I wouldn't worry walkin through either in general but theres still places like edenmore in Raheny and i'm sure theres places like that in bray but generally its not bad.

BTW whats Kilmore like as an area my neighbours are moving there and I was just curious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭GallicProphet

I live there and I love it. Havent ever had any problem. In my opinion you are much safer walking around Edenmore at any time of the day or night than in City center. Unless you are looking for trouble that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 mikelmessi

Bray is no worse than other places. What gives it a bad rep is all the scummers with ghettoblasters and taches etc who come out on the Dart to play the 'slots' at the weekend and to live it up in the beer gardens on the seafront during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Feel quite glad that most people picked darndale and not coolock where i live (even though i could walk to darndale in about 5 minutes),
    Coolock is a bit dodgey at night what with the stolen cars and whatnot, but during the day its grand, i've never had any hassle.
    I didn't think donaghmede was that dodge and one of my friends lives in the grangemore estate place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Trevko

jobstown in tallaght maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭raheny red

Inchicore,Drimnagh,Darndale,Ballybough very bad areas!!

However the Liberties is an absolute kip!!:mad: :mad:

GallicProphet

I live there and I love it. Havent ever had any problem. In my opinion you are much safer walking around Edenmore at any time of the day or night than in City center. Unless you are looking for trouble that is...

I'm also from Edenmore. I live on the drive. Whereabouts are you living in Edenmore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mickybo

no one said anything about cabra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭gaf1983

guy i know lives in neilstown said it's worse than fallujah at times but he's never been to fallujah so how the hell would he know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭GallicProphet

Reheny_red, I live on Edenmore avenue... Have you noticed all the House-Appartments type buildings going up on the corner gardens ? going up like mushrooms...

• Advertisement

Yeh it's getting out of hand alright. Wouldn't mind living on a corner then selling the house and the land and making a small fortune for yourself tough:p

Springdale motors was knocked down and there is gonna be apartments put in place their as well.

Also, (I think) Joey's hosp. is getting knocked down for a good few houses but |I'm unsure about this one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement