Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the worst area in dublin?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Just to say that I live in Blanchardstown, and I wouldn't consider Fortlawn to be a part of it by any means. It is Dublin 15, yes, but definitely not Blanchardstown. It is part of the Clonsilla demesne. And yes, I completely agree it is a kip full of drug dealing knackers. I have only ever known of one decent family in that whole estate.

I live right beside it and know of plenty of decent familys living there. Where abouts are you then? And does it matter if it's Clonsilla or Blanch it's in? You could always say you're living in Castleknock if it bothers you.....

And to the guy that went in there buying runners......it could have been worse, it could have been Whitestown.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

you mean you guys can actually distinguish between all the bad areas in dublin? lets face it dublin is one big shíthole. this thread is like trying to find the smellier bits on a dogs shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eyebrows

the jew wrote:
    this thread is like trying to find the smellier bits on a dogs shít.

good good lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

the jew wrote:
    you mean you guys can actually distinguish between all the bad areas in dublin? lets face it dublin is one big shíthole. this thread is like trying to find the smellier bits on a dogs shít.

Are you from Dublin? I don't think it's bad at all, there are definitely lovely areas in Dublin to live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

Kernel wrote:
    Are you from Dublin? I don't think it's bad at all, there are definitely lovely areas in Dublin to live.
    most definately not from dublin and your wrong it is all bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

the jew wrote:
    the jew wrote:

Where do you live, The Westbank?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Where do you live, The Westbank?

Classic!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Dubliners think they don't like Dublin, but they are more attatched to it than they will ever realise

the jew wrote:

Well, if you are not from Dublin I am sure you know **** all about areas in Dublin, so your opinion is not necessary in this thread. Thank you, come again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Kernel wrote:
    Well, if you are not from Dublin I am sure you know **** all about areas in Dublin, so your opinion is not necessary in this thread. Thank you, come again.
    well i was going to say the opposite , he's able to judge the situation from outside the box!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Armen Tanzarian

If he ever lived in or visited Dublin and all he saw was sh1t, he must have had his head up his ass

yeah I agree every flower has it roots in a pot a of dirt

except water lillies but you get the idear

Superman wrote:
    well i was going to say the opposite , he's able to judge the situation from outside the box!

Probably came up for the day and got mugged on Gardiner Street, or else just believing all the media hype. Anyone who says that Dublin doesn't have nice areas to live in is clearly wrong. There's a reason why house prices are so high in Dublin. If nobody wanted to live here, then they would be cheaper. And also why we got flooded with so many tourists.

Dublin is grand if you know it and don't go to purposely dodgy places, like the other morning when I ended up on gardiner street at 4am and there were 2 lads, sportsweared to the max, perched at opposite corners whistling in code to each other, possibly one of the most ghetto moments i've ever seen.
    Kernel wrote:
    why we got flooded with so many tourists.
    Rich cultureless american's trying to adopt our culture because there grandad's cat was Irish- but thats a diffrent story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Superman wrote:
    Rich cultureless american's trying to adopt our culture because there grandad's cat was Irish- but thats a diffrent story!
    Do you mean to say:
    Rich cultureless Americans trying to adopt our culture because their grandads cat was Irish, but that's a different story! :p:D

As for the worst area of Dublin - Governement Buildings! :D

causal

not sure what all the bold letters about but by the smileys you lopok lika ya agree :)

I was highlighing the irony in you slagging the "cultureless Americans" with your poor spelling and grammar ;)
    Nothing personal or condescending intended, it was just funny :)

causal

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I dont get this, how do ye decide in your mind what the biggest kip is unless youve lived in em all? Seems to be based on word of mouth, or just drving through from a lot of people

For example I grew up in the flats in ballymun and could never figure out how people thought it was bad, but when I used to go with me mates to o'devaney gardens to buy...erm... things (mates lived on the NCR) we were always dead nervous. For years I reckoned that o'devaney gardens and oliver bond were the biggest kips in dublin despite the fact i only paid passing visits to em and nothing ever happened to me there.

Im far more wary of walking through the city centre at night than most "kips". Especially now that there's large swathes of depopulated office blocks/retail areas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

What's the general consensus on Dundrum? I haven't seen it mentioned.

• Advertisement

It's fine, no longer a quiet mature suburb - now it's a bit more bustling with young people - thanks to the Luas and a lot of apartments and the new centre.

causal

yeah dundrum is a real pass through place before the shopping centre you'd only ever stop there if you were passing through.
    Milltown is a far worse place, It has literally zero entertainment value , theres absolutely nothing to do there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Djddd1

Anyone mention Bayside? That is though and I had to cycle through it at 4 in the morning. Seen a group of lads they gave chase and I ended by hiding on the tracks, While they try to find me/rob a bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 minimiss

as far as i can tell ... ballymun coolock/town - sheiff st etc on d northside .... dolphins barn/certain parts of tallaght - west tallaght esp(fettercairn,kiltalown,jobstown,killarden, donomore and knockmore, around the square) and some of clondalkin neilstown, killmahurick, wheatfield ...
    although u can walk around these places if u are with people known in the area i think .. an i hav mates/relatives from these areas so no offense to anybody...
    drumcondra is not rough, dundrum and any where east south is certainly not rough ... i used to live in crumlin and although not posh i would feel safe enough walking up d crumlin rd afterdark ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

personally i dont think anywhere in dublin is quite as bad as kilkenny. Iv been there a couple of times and think its just the dodgyiest area ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭EvilPixieOne

dundrum is anything but rough and milltown is alright as its easy to get places from there and its close to ranelagh. some parts of the city centre I wouldn't like to be around after dark, clondalkin, bray, cabra has gangs of kids roaming all night, crumlin does too though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

dundrum is anything but rough and milltown is alright as its easy to get places from there and its close to ranelagh.

I agree, there's nothing rough about either places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭morlan

Funkstard wrote:
    Dubliners think they don't like Dublin, but they are more attatched to it than they will ever realise

This is true. I hated Dublin and moved away for two years because of it. Now I'm back and I love it more than ever.

Dublin does have a lot of bad areas like any city, but I think it's seen as an overall kip because of the grey, industrial-like, 60's - 80's, sh!te architecture all around the city and suburbs. There are areas that look pretty awful, but don't necessarily have a higher crime rate than more aesthetically pleasing areas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭JungleBunny

Has to be Sheriff Street.

Fairly scary being around that area at any time of day.

Have a read of this:
    sherrif street.doc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

I think seán mcdermot street would be the worst road in dublin but for areas finglas and dublin 1 would be the worst(there could be worse but i used to live in finglas and i have family in both these areas and in a lot of other holes around the north side).

Darndale isn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.I live in Baldoyle:D and although not the worst i wouldn't want to walk through moyclare or seagrange if you didn't know anyone but i know all those people so its ok for me.Anyone have any opinions about baldoyle please share.
    I have also noticed that donaghmede is becoming worse again nowhere near the worst but it,baldoyle,kilbarrack and bayside(not as bad as the other 3) are all getting worse

Finally to the guy who said sutton is pretty bad that is a joke of a statement anything bad that has ever happened there is to do with people from other areas and not people from sutton there all just posh and harmless

Also an honurable metion should go to harmonstown which hasn't been metioned yet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement