Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Just noticed this thread now, is there any age limit on someone wanting to start playing the game??? i.e. im neartly 30 would that be too old, im thinking it prob would be:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

:eek:

nearly 30, man you have a good 15 years left in you.

we have 2 guys who are 40 + on our team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 coachdrake42

Happy New Year to all from the Trim Bulldogs!

Just an update to the Bulldogs.
    Bulldogs are in their 3rd week of training & while numbers are low, we have had some decent turnout with players, recruiting is ongoing.

LMFM - Listen to our live radio interview Jan 23 between 4:30-5pm

Superbowl - Come on out & show your support for the Trim Bulldogs, as we be hosting a SuperBowl party (pre recorded) in McCormack's bar & lounge, Trim. Feb 12, 2011, starting at 8pm. Contact coach Drake for full details. (must be 18).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 coachdrake42

So where do I find my post of 18/01/2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

It looks like your thread was moved to this thread and became a post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

Is there a team in Waterford? Or any sort of games/league runnin?

Yup, the South East Strongbows. I'm not sure how active they are though.

Contact bobby_wade or saw2813 on here for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shiroki

I love the sport and really want to start playing but I'm only 17. Do I have to wait until I turn 18 or what's the story ? Is it hard to make a team ? Thanks :D

Shiroki wrote: »
    I love the sport and really want to start playing but I'm only 17. Do I have to wait until I turn 18 or what's the story ? Is it hard to make a team ? Thanks :D

Varies. What's your location?

• Advertisement

Swords Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

We (Rhinos) have an under 18's team starting this season - first practice was today with a good turnout.

See www.rhinos.ie for some more info and to contact us if you wish, we are based in Castleknock so not too far from you.

Sounds really cool :D If I were to come next week do I need to bring pads helmet etc ? Are newcomers welcome ? Im good with people but awkward at first :( I'd probably ask a friend to come along :) Thanks for the heads up Ill be in contact :D

No nothing of the sort, just the usual training gear such as tracksuit/shorts and football boots will do for starting out.

That's no problem, bring as many people as you want!

Are you just running through plays and stuff or is it fitness training ? And when does the season start ? I was looking on your page and it says theres only like 2 other u18 teams :(

Just a quick heads up. UCC are hosting a flag tournament in Cork on the 5th of March. First big tournament in the new year. Several teams are in confirmation. Should be a good day out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Dizzya

Any teams in or around Donegal? Aspiring young CB and or WR here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Dizzya wrote: »
    Any teams in or around Donegal? Aspiring young CB and or WR here

Senior League

Dublin Rebels - www.dublinrebels.com Play Santry, Train Booterstown
    DCU Saints - www.dcusaints.com Play/train Glasnevin I think
    Dublin rhinos - www.rhinos.ie play/train Castleknock
    UCD American Football - No website - Play Train UCD
    Dublin Dragons - www.dublindragons.com - play/train Lucan
    Trinity - Cant remember their website - Play train Santry
    CorK admirals - www.corkadmirals.net - play train UCC
    UL Vikings - www.eteamz.com/ulvikings - Play/Train University Limerick
    Craigavon Cowboys - www.craigavoncowboys.co.uk - Play Train Craigavon
    Belfast Trojans - www.belfasttrojans.com - Belfast
    Carrickfergus Knights - www.carrickfergusknights.com - Carrickfergus

Development Teams: (8 a side)
    Tullamore Pheonix - Search them on facebook and you will find them. Only team who took part in the development league this season gone.
    Trim Bulldogs - http://www.wix.com/42drake/bulldogs
    Drogheda Lightning - Search for them on Facebook.

Was also talk of Galway IT and Tallaght IT starting up and a team from Lurgen up North but haven't heard anything from them.

League Unofficial Forum: www.iafs.co.uk

Season Starts in March/April.

First Game of the regular season begins in UCD on March 6th 1pm in UCD. My lads take on Trinity College. Huge Rivalry game to kick off the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

What happened to the Outlaws?
    Are UCD a students only team?

What happened to the Outlaws?
    Folded 3 years ago due to the lack of numbers.

• Advertisement

Cool whats the training days/times?

Im 6ft 165 lbs, no muscle(cough cough) all speed and brains though, always thought Ild love to be a safety or even a Wes Welker type receiver haha

Cool whats the training days/times?

Im 6ft 165 lbs, no muscle(cough cough) all speed and brains though, always thought Ild love to be a safety or even a Wes Welker type receiver haha

As the season starts this weekend for us Practices go back to one day a week. Wednesdays 4-7. We normally practice Sundays also but we have games taking up 3 of the 4 Sundays in March.

IAFL Season Kicks Off this weekend.

Old Rivals Trinity College taking on UCD in Belfield. Boards.ie own TO as HC of UCD with his first match this season.

Trinity College thumb_trinity-logo.png @ thumb_ucd-logo.png University College Dublin

Sunday March 6th 1pm

Match takes place on the Thornfield Pitches right behind the UCD Bowl.

You like football this will be a very competitive match. Dooooo It! Get out and support your local team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Best of luck dude :)

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

Great match today between UCD and Trinity. Our lads played a stormer in the second half (on both offence and defence), scoring two touchdowns and converting both for two points each. This put us 16-14 up then Trinity made a great kickoff return to make it 16-20 and sealed the deal with good defence. An excellent spectacle for the Irish game overall. Great job Coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Bukman13

Week 3

Some excellent games this week, Vikings @ Rebels is probably the stand out fixture of the regular season, it should be a high quality game.

March 20
    UL Vikings thumb_vikings-logo.png @ thumb_rebels-logo.png Dublin Rebels
    Sportslink, Old Airport Road, Dublin, 1PM .

March 20
    Carrickfergus Knights thumb_knights-logo.png @ thumb_cowboys-logo.png Craigavon Cowboys
    Brownlow, Craigavon, 1pm

Rhinos beat the Cork Admirals in their first game of the season.

Full report and pictures at http://www.rhinos.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 16 idiotkid

Having scrimmaged with both teams (I'm offensive coach with Tullamore phoenix) this year, I would have put my house on Rhinos winning that one by more as they looked very impressive when they visited us.

That said, a win is a win is a win and, in fairness, it was very early in the Admirals' pre-season when they came to Tullamore.

Could be a really competitive season. Really wish we were playing 11s this year.

Just want to clear up some confusion caused on my part. UCD are a 100% Student team. Students, Staff and Alumni of the college are only eligible to play for the college.

• Advertisement

Just want to clear up some confusion caused on my part. UCD are a 100% Student team. Students, Staff and Alumni of the college are only eligible to play for the college.

Then its not a 100% Student team. Its part student part staff. ;-) TY

Advertisement