Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Game

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

Lads,

Any of you interested getting into full kitted football and live near DCU throw me a pm. DCU have reformed and yours truly is the new HC. Open to both students and non so im told.

TO

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

SixtyTwo wrote: »
    Lads,

Any of you interested getting into full kitted football and live near DCU throw me a pm. DCU have reformed and yours truly is the new HC. Open to both students and non so im told.

TO

Whereabouts are you guys located? I've been thinking about going over to the Rebels for a look, DCU would be just as handy, I'm currently in the phibsborough/drumcondra area. Just need to change jobs so I can have nights/weekends free then I'll be looking into training and joining a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭SixtyTwo

Gweedling wrote: »
    Whereabouts are you guys located? I've been thinking about going over to the Rebels for a look, DCU would be just as handy, I'm currently in the phibsborough/drumcondra area. Just need to change jobs so I can have nights/weekends free then I'll be looking into training and joining a team.

DCU Sports ground on the Ballymun road. Midweek and Weekends hopefully. Waiting on confirmation and hoping to start in the next week.

• Site Banned Posts: 31 moninghaly

I reckon Brian Dennehy is the best in the league.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

moninghaly wrote: »
    +1

Pfft :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭neddynono

So the new teams and leagues have been approved http://www.americanfootball.ie/iafl-agm-4-new-teams-to-play-in-2013/
    Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

Are there any teams in the clontarf / fairview area?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 DBBacker

cloneslad wrote: »
    Are there any teams in the clontarf / fairview area?

DCU closest to you and my buddy an ex poster in here is their HC. They take both students and non students.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

DBBacker wrote: »
    DCU closest to you and my buddy an ex poster in here is their HC. They take both students and non students.

The Rebels Play in Santry and train in Booterstown, I go to Clontarf train station to get to booterstown, Santry is a 15-20 minute drive from Fairview so it's relatively close, and they're a much better team ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 DBBacker

Gweedling wrote: »
    The Rebels Play in Santry and train in Booterstown, I go to Clontarf train station to get to booterstown, Santry is a 15-20 minute drive from Fairview so it's relatively close, and they're a much better team ;)

No skin off my nose really I don't play anymore. He asked the closest team and I answered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

I play rugby but i'm considering going out and checking out a training to see what it's like.

The level of team is not important, the convenience of getting there and the enjoyable aspect of it is what's most important to me.

I'm without a car at the moment so it would be e best public transport option for me really. Also, what sort of gear would be needed for training?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Is there any teams in the south east area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Waterford Wolves started up this year, got accepted in to the league.

https://www.facebook.com/WaterfordWolves

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭stephan7527

I got a question to all,do you now of any second hand gear for sale for lads just starting up from small to 2 and 3 xl. Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 31 moninghaly

check it on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

the Waterford Wolves are back training this wednesday in Villa training grounds in Polberry, any one interested be there at 9pm and ask for Coach McGrath or Coach Reinhardt

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Warriors just finished a great session lads. Can always use more bodies any experience shape and size. Send me pm;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Would I be right in saying the Meath Bulldogs are the closest team to Cavan?

422nd wrote: »
    Would I be right in saying the Meath Bulldogs are the closest team to Cavan?

Depending on what part of Cavan you are in, either the Bulldogs in Trim, the Minotaurs in Mullingar or the Lightning in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

May as well lash this in here. Join the Rhinos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 10wry

I'll be starting my first season this year. Training with Tullamore Phoenix. I'm stuck between positions. Will Linebacker or Defensive End.

Not the biggest but I can move and I can tackle, can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Vikings wrote: »

May as well lash this in here. Join the Rhinos!

Haha loved the play at 10:03 :pac: Great video!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

kingcobra wrote: »
    Haha loved the play at 10:03 :pac: Great video!

Yeah its good.

@ 1:06 forget the Chubby Chucker thats "Stevie Football" right there baby :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

DCU practice 12-3 on the Astro pitches in the college tomorrow. All Welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Sponge25

I'd actually play this game if I had access to it.

Is their any dedicated American-Football fields in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

Sponge25 wrote: »
    I'd actually play this game if I had access to it.

Is their any dedicated American-Football fields in Ireland?

Plenty of teams around Ireland. Where do you live? And no most teams use GAA or Rugby pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 macker20

Depending on what part of Cavan you are in, either the Bulldogs in Trim, the Minotaurs in Mullingar or the Lightning in Drogheda
    Where in cavan are you? We have players already traveling from Cavan to come down to play for us in Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

macker20 wrote: »
    Where in cavan are you? We have players already traveling from Cavan to come down to play for us in Meath.

Just 5 minutes outside Virginia on the main Virginia Cavan road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Saw the Dragons today in Lucan and bashed off an email to the team asking to join

I have the coverage skills of Revis and can be a top defensive back
    Christ knows what I can contribute with my lack of fitness but I'll do my best if they'll have me :)

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Saw the Dragons today in Lucan and bashed off an email to the team asking to join

I have the coverage skills of Revis and can be a top defensive back
    Christ knows what I can contribute with my lack of fitness but I'll do my best if they'll have me :)

I'll be seeing you later in the season so. Boards madden league friendships mean nothing on the pitch :mad: :o

Advertisement