Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your A Star

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Moby

We are stuck with the Kids, But I think the song will be a real euro song ,Forget the Irish dancing bit,Anyway good luck to Karl for writing the song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I think it's highly innovative to have a mother and son combo representing Ireland and I think the McCauls will do very well for us in May.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think it's highly innovative to have a mother and son combo..

Alas the same can't be said for your joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/todaywithpatkenny/

Linda Martin sure as hell put the boot into Your A Star this morning. to listen click on Monday s show

I could not be bothered.

This is from a lady who presents "The Lyrics Board".

Has "The Lyrics Board" won any emmeys recently??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Hard to believe we live in a country where the creator and presenter of a show like the Lyrics Bored is now doin the snooker commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

arghhh i'm sorry, all you donna and joseph lovers, but theirs is a mediocre talent - donna's fine, and reasonably good looking, but joseph is nasal (listen to the words "senses", "this" in song, "bady and soul" - what the fcuk?), monotonous and not overly attractive. ok - maybe this is what europe wants but i'm glad i never voted for them. you're a star is a fcuking joke.

chris

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

WexCan wrote:
    arghhh i'm sorry, all you donna and joseph lovers, but theirs is a mediocre talent - donna's fine, and reasonably good looking, but joseph is nasal (listen to the words "senses", "this" in song, "bady and soul" - what the fcuk?), monotonous and not overly attractive. ok - maybe this is what europe wants but i'm glad i never voted for them. you're a star is a fcuking joke.

chris

Joseph definitely has a better voice than Donna, were you watching in the earlier weeks when his strong singing was all that kept her in tune? Hopefully they put him singing more of the verses in may, she can't be relied upon to stay in tune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

Joseph definitely has a better voice than Donna, were you watching in the earlier weeks when his strong singing was all that kept her in tune? Hopefully they put him singing more of the verses in may, she can't be relied upon to stay in tune

i jus think he sounds pretty nasal - and almost like he's trying too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

http://www.eurovision.tv/english/982.htm

Lebenon has withdrawn/been booted out because they would have to broadcast the israeli entrant, which they are refusing to do, after picking an entrant and all well it increases out chances anyway.
    Which in turn seems to depend on how late in the running order the act performs

we will be the 22nd act in the semi final for those who are interested.

SEMI FINAL (19 May)

1. Austria
    2. Lithuania
    3. Portugal
    4. Moldova
    5. Latvia
    6. Monaco
    7. Israel
    8. Belarus
    9. Netherlands
    10. Iceland
    11. Belgium
    12. Estonia
    13. Norway
    14. Romania
    15. Hungary
    16. Finland
    17. F.Y.R. Macedonia
    18. Andorra
    19. Switzerland
    20. Croatia
    21. Bulgaria
    22. Ireland
    23. Slovenia
    24. Denmark
    25. Poland

FINAL (21 May)

1. ---- from Semi Final
    2. UK
    3. Malta
    4. ---- from Semi Final
    5. ---- from Semi Final
    6. Turkey
    7. ---- from Semi Final
    8. Albania
    9. Cyprus
    10. Spain
    11. ---- from Semi Final
    12. Serbia & Montenegro
    13. ---- from Semi Final
    14. Sweden
    15. ---- from Semi Final
    16. Ukraine
    17. Germany
    18. ---- from Semi Final
    19. Greece
    20. Russia
    21. Bosnia & Herzegovina
    22. ---- from Semi Final
    23. ---- from Semi Final
    24. France

• Registered Users Posts: 16 moonshiner

I happened to hear Anne perform for 3 hours at Rurari McGuires pub in Dundrum thursday before New Years and boy was I blown away. That girl works harder that Bruce Springsteen. I was just on line trying to find links to her when I saw these old comments. I think her band is called The Maniax now. The powers that be really did not want Ireland to win the Euorvision because having seen her in action ...she really could have won it hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 moonshiner

you obviously have not seen any of her gigs ... I saw one a few weeks ago ...omg she was awesome!

Advertisement