Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d’Italia 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Doc07

cyc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Stage 10

All logic says let the break win and surely even Pog will relent at some point. As ever peruse a better preview than I could write should you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think the last climb is too long for a break to stay away. I can see UAE pulling it back and they'll get help from whichever big team doesn't have a rider in it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Whisper it but looks like Pog is going to let them have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

There's still 3km to go and the gap is only 4'30" - he'll bridge that easily and win by two minutes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,438 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Was hoping Bardet would do it to get a stage win in each GT, but at this stage Anybody But Pog (ABP) is accepted :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

An old school Giro week two stage

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Picked the wrong PeePee brother for my Velogames team. He also looks a lot older than 23.

Ha me too but I suspect* Aurelian might be warming up for a run at some stages in the latter half of the race. Some season for Decathlon. Might be a rush on Van Rysel bikes :)

*hope

I think they've already sold out of the bikes from what I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kingdomlad

I see the stelvio has been pulled from next Tuesdays stage. Serious snow if top of the climb with risk of avalanches. Instead, they are climbing the first 16.9km of the stelvio, then turning left to the top of the umbrail pass and descending into Switzerland to join the original route. I’m heading over on Saturday. Anybody else on here going over?

The road is also collapsing in places. Photos are impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I don't think they've had them in in Ireland. I haven't got the email alert from the ones I signed up for ages ago anyway!

Both PeePee Bros. in my team fwiw! Cranky Pog at the finish, wouldn't be convinced the allergies aren't causing issues, but we'll see next week I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Uijtdebroeks a dns today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Junior

Must be something going through the Visma team, Kooji withdrew after being sick as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Bit of a disaster of a season for them so far…

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoeFloyd

it was the other way round when I rode there last august. umbrial was closed due to a landslide - think there had been some heavy thunderstorms the week before we arrived. They look to be doing 'most' of the stelvio anyway - the umbrial is just a left turn with about 4km to go. granted, the last 3km to the top of stelvio is quite hard (around 10% average), and takes you up around 2700 meters - so perhaps the very top is an issue with the snow - and probably the first bit of the decent the other side. enjoy the trip - some part of the world for cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I'm disappointed in that, as despite the commentary around his exit from Bora, he actually seems a decent sort albeit very focused. Notwithstanding further examples of the quality of Bora's "management" since his exit.

Come on Loulou. Win this and tell Patrick where to stick his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Welcome back to the winners circle Julian.

I'm delighted for him. I'd love if he finds his classics form next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Paddigol

JOOOOOLIIIIEEENNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭lissard

A mesmerising performance from Allaphillipe. Great stage.

A dead stage comes to life. Probably won't last though.

Trek have to be the best leadout in the peleton at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

An Ineos podium today, I think they might take all 3 spots?

Would like to see Thomas take a some seconds back today and see him going back into second, hopefully Martinez doesn't lose too much as he looks like he might be attacking next week.

Ryan Mullen in no hurry... guess team orders to be fresh for tomorrow.

Pog is now being nicknamed… Poggie? Or am I mis-hearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

he’s been called that for years to be fair. Could be Pogi, could be Poggie but it’s been widely used by loads

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Delighted for Ganna. He's under so much pressure to win. Great camaraderie between Pog & Ganna at the end.

Super TT by Ben O'Connor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Ganna & his dog 🥹

Advertisement