Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d’Italia 2024

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Thinking of the field it really is a bummer Eddie DNF'd. Assuming he was at the level he was last year I think top 5 would have been a real possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,159 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I completely forgot Dunbar started this race.

UAE not giving the break much space here, Pog going to go again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Pog should pass the time and avoid boredom by attacking from the flag drop, building up a 12 min gap, and stopping at a suitably picturesque spot for an espresso and gelato to wait for the plebs to catch up.

DSM chase down the break and catch it with 60k to go, the peloton only has about 50 riders left in it.

Pog has this nailed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Duplicate

Post edited by mewso on

• Advertisement

Ineos pulling. Are they really going to do something here? I'm guessing it's just to see if they can drop Martinez. Eurosport have been praising them for living up to the promise of attack but really their attacks have been outside of the GC battle. Despite all their talk they still approach Grand Tours more or less the same way as they always have.

Post edited by mewso on

I was wrong! Weird stage.

Pog just looks supremely bored every time he attacks…."Oh well, guess i'll go then…"

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Tiberi is doing very well in this. One to watch at just 22 years of age.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

He lost momentum with the cat shooting but on the bike, he’s been touted as the next big Italian hope for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Just watched the highlights there - that was Trek’s sprint to lose, Milan should’ve done them all in easily if he hadn’t lost the wheel going into that final corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

And after all that mess up of the sprint train lead out… he still came a close 2nd!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Proper break day today. 4 of the 5 in the break have already won stages!

Just realised there's been no Carlton Kirby at all in the Giro this year, and he's not doing Norway either.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ottolwinner

there will be huge disappointment in some teams over the chances they didn’t make for themselves this year.

Looks like they went with 480p for the drone footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,633 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Despite O’Connor being fairly disappointing for GC, AG2R have really turned things around so far compared to last year

Thomas looking all around him and crashes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

If someone else did it to him, he'd probably dedicate an entire podcast episode to the incident

• Registered Users Posts: 10,230 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

he’s 4th. Less than 2 minutes behind the non-Pog leader. I’m not sure how he could have been expected to be better than that in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

And he still has tomorrow to get on the podium. Hopefully it all goes a bit crazy tomorrow!

Pog's equipment for today

Pog is also sunburnt, can't find the suncream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,296 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Pogs sense of style has been the only good thing about this Giro.

Fair play to Bardiani for at least livening this up a bit. Pog about to take off shortly…

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Some turn by Majka. Turned himself inside out.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This is silly now. So much stronger than everyone

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Well they all knew he was going and it was obvious they had zero intention of trying to stay with him (for good reason). Defeat was conceded long before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

GroundPog Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

He really has done a great job since taking in super domestic role.

Pog obviously took the Monte Grappa Strava KOM, over 5mins(!) better than Kelderman's time from 2014. Majka came to the front just before 12k in, Pog then took off ~1.5k later

• Registered Users Posts: 37,965 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Have to say I'm delighted to see Danny Martinez beating Thomas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Thomas is 38 riding a GC GT , while I see where people come from with criticism he must applauded to get on the podium at the end of 3 weeks.

Advertisement