Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,067 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I didn't say I couldn't stay for the late night match. I said I couldn't rely on public transport. If you don't acknowledge how important public transport is in a regional city which doesn't have the population to sell out the event on its own, then explaining it probably won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

I was trying to get tickets earlier but failed. Could’ve got premium tickets for the odd match alright but said I’d leave off.

What are the chances of getting tickets down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Try buy tickets today to the 2025 final, or even the semi finals. Not a hope, and it is £143 minimum price per session of the 2025 final. Plenty of punters are happy to buy the tickets to sell it out, regional transport links or not.

If it was moved to London, somebody would be on complaining that not enough events are spread around Regional cities. You can't win, so you put it out there and let whoever wants to pay, pay. And you leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭John arse

Think Murphy likes the sound of his own voice?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,067 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah, but the difference is thesize of venue and the number of tickets and profitability. Did you really not think of that, or just ignored it?

• Advertisement

Why do you hate the Crucible so much. Did it do something to you. Or is it just change for the sake of change.

In general, over the past two weeks we get:

Public transport, not enough trains travelling 100 miles plus late at night

The players are a bit cramped, poor dears. Doesn't stop O'Sullivan hanging around in the basement on his days off mind

We want to sell more tickets and have more profitability (So far, this is the only official one from Hearn)

It could just do with an upgrade, but I can't really be specific

Sheffield City Centre has limited things to do (compared to where? how does this compare to Belfast, Dublin, Glasgow, or Bristol cities of a similar size. Even if you go up to Manchester or Birmingham, there'll be limited things to wow you in an afternoon, it's not going to Las Vegas, thank God)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,488 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

What a ringing endorsement, Peter Ebdon thinks Kyren Wilson is a future world champion in waiting. 🙄

If only Jones had won that final frame last night. It could have affected both of them mentally in very different ways heading into today, never mind reducing the deficit to a way more manageable 3 frames.

There is a match anyway at 11-7

Barring snookers Jones should take this opening frame to make it 11-7. He made 2 excellent long reds(a rarity, and in the same frame), in between a missed blue.

Did anyone else see the last red Jak potted along the side? It clearly hit the cushion first and still wobbled in.

• Advertisement

It was played slow enough to drop. Didn't look unusual to me.

That's the thing. More pace and it wouldn't have gone in. Maybe a bit like the last yellow last night.

Bad missed red by Jones to the centre pocket. Lucky he didn't leave anything on. And if you see the replay, it would have dropped with less pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Kyren looks a little concerned now ,we have a match .

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Shows how important the last frame was last night.

Have they swopped heads overnight???

11-8. I'm going to go back to that last frame last night no matter what happens. He'd be just 1 behind now, maybe even favourite, and the momentum would be with him. Kyren always has this buffer, where Jones has to keep this up all the time to reel in the damage done in the first session.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Danye

I actually enjoyed watching Ebdon. He was a mad man and I always felt he could explode at any minute (Although he didn’t)

His slow play also does an injustice to him in some ways because he would often play aggressive snooker it just took him 6 minutes to decide to take the shot! 😂

Regards this final, the quality is poor IMO but if they keep close in frames, the lack of quality mixed with the nerves could actually make this a fascinating final.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,025 ✭✭✭✭walshb

super red

Wonder how Jak will handle the pressure the nearer he gets to Kyren on the scoreboard .

• Advertisement

Jones' long potting is a million times better(so far) than any session I had seen him in before today.

Jones just misses too much.

What was that from Jones!? Not even close.

Big miss there by Jak ,proberly lose the frame now .

Wilson normally very fluent looks very very jittery?

Jones just not capable of really punishing him

There’s a frame loss from a really poor Jones miss

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Great break by Kyren under pressure

This is a much better final than I was expecting

Advertisement