Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭raclle

He's fkn awful and I've no idea how he's got this far. He frustrates the other players into losing. It's horrible to watch and I actually turned it off half way through the second session.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

"On this form, Bingham certainly isn't a World champion either."

Oh I know. I'm picking him though as I know he can play better. I can't stand the thought of a Wilson vs Jones final.

Wilson might be playing better at the moment than the rest, but that's not saying much. Remember, Higgins beat Wilson 13-2 here last year in the quarter finals.

And in the 2020 final, he barely made it to the final evening session, and it was over after 1 frame. That's not someone who's a future champion.

Post edited by sligeach on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,339 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

They did a segment about Wilson yesterday. Basically saying his coach reconstructed his cue action. So he has a great cue action.

But I thought immediately you can't really coach what goes on between the ears. I am not sure Wilson has that. To be honest I think he is a bit too much of a softie.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Similar with Gilbert who's only come into form this tournament but his mentality is what's letting him down.

The BBC brought up stats during the interval. They were brutal, I meant to make a note of them but forgot. And I've changed to Eurosport because the BBC in the semi-finals have finished live TV coverage for now. 🙄 So I can't go back and check them. A couple I remember were Jones long pot success was 40%(it's lower after this frame). And his average break was around 30. Everything was bad, so were Bingham's.

• Advertisement

I think Bingham is losing it(mentally) here. It's not that Jones is winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Augme

II think Wilson would be a more worthy winner than Brecel.

It seems that having expectations to do well in this tournament is a real killer for a lot of players lately.

Jones game plan is working to perfection. He's slowing down all the faster players and they can't get going and to think of the stick Selby used to get on here 😅

Good bit of match play from Bingham here 21st frame needed 4 snookers. Got two of them. Jones sweating a bit.

Brecel was impressive. He played some amazing snooker. Wilson hasn't, nobody has this year. It's been a very underwhelming tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,019 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I agree he's not very good but I'm enjoying the battle. I'd prefer some of this to both players knocking in centuries without the battle. Centuries are nice to see but this is compelling.

I wouldn't like if all snooker lacked fluidity like this does. But a bit if this is great.

Bingham is the only one potting balls here. But he's running out of cover for snookers. Jones hasn't potted a ball for half an hour. And I'm getting less and less impressed by him(if that's possible). His long potting is the pits.

After all of that. And again it was Bingham who potted the pink to end his chances. He potted all the colours bar the black for obvious reasons. Kind of fitting that Jones didn't win it, Bingham lost it.

I don't know what Jones was at a pro unable to drop a ball towards a pocket slowly. Basically a Mark Wiliams shot his fellow Welshman.

But for Bingham to get down to one snooker needed shows how fragile Jones is.

I enjoyed the safety battle. Murphy on coms saying you needed to play at a high level to appreciate it. But I never did and I love that stuff, it is a mind game.

I can't believe my eyes. Jones potted a long red, but kept no control of the cue ball and end of his mighty break of 1.

38% Jones

35% Bingham

Long pot success for this session just flashed up on screen.

Break building is not Jones forte. Just 22 off that effort.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Wow this really is poor. It really is true to say Jones drags you into the mire.

"It's not unusual it happens every day
    No matter what you say
    You'll find it happens all the time"

Roberston said in studio first time he ever played Jones if he knew he was that type of player, he would have been more aggressive.

That cue ball replacement was poor. The referee had it right the first time after getting help, then lifted it and put it in the wrong spot. Anyway, it didn't matter.

• Advertisement

I was thinking it is good job Ronnie is not playing Jones. Could have been a 17-3 job. But instead we are getting great value. This match could be going on well into next week.

That's poor from Bingham. Why hit it so hard? Left Jones with an easy red.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭Genghis

I think Jones secret weapon is his facial expression, it permanently says WTF.

I think even Ronald would have won more than 3 frames.

Jones' highest break in this match has been 69. Though the commentator on Eurosport says it's 72. The 3 other semi-finalists have made centuries.

He still hasn't won a frame in a single visit and won't in this either, should be win it.

Stuart's highest break this session is 46.

He has not even managed to get his age in points.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I assume they will be kicked off after this frame.

He must think he is dreaming 4 frames up going into the final session, being given loads of chances. Unless Bingham clicks into his previous form Jones could be in the final somehow.

And it should be Kyren's title surely. But if Bingham does a come back I think he will have too much for Kyren. Because Kyren will crack up.

Only three frames in it now. An odd match.

• Advertisement

This is more like it from Stu.

Advertisement