Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Great shot by Stuart. And then messes up the green

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭John arse

Unbelievable mistake by Bingham there!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Stuart would love that shot again. Followed up an amazing cut on the yellow with as big a brain fart as you will ever see. Handing the frame to Jones, who didn't deserve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Bingham's head doesn't seem to be in the right place. He's irritated by anything in the audience, things that wouldn't otherwise bother him. He making really poor decisions.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

holy god this is bad. They’ll be finished about 4am.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Stuart making some great shots then making a balls of it, frustrating to watch.

Not sure I could watch another 4 sessions of Jones playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I’m all for trying to enjoy a match regardless of standard but that is one of the worst shots I have ever seen a professional snooker player play by Bingham.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fran38

Common sense by Hendry there. No sugar coating Binghams standard of play. Id love to see Jones win, changing of the gaurd etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Terrible by Bingham but Jones must be the worst player on tour to watch, has he even made a break of 50 or more I'm this semi?

Shocking standard by him, less said the better about Bingham though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Jesus that one will hurt…how did he mess that up? nailed on snooker for a pro, he handed Jones the frame.

Bingham is struggling big time now, having pops at the crowd for nothing, constant head shaking and stroppy, Jones not really at anything himself but as it stands he's handling things better.

• Advertisement

What is Jones' nickname? It should be something like The Scavenger or The Bore.

How the fook has Jones got this far???

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fran38

BBC must have scrapped Hawkeye. No sign of it this competition.

Jak Jones has a highest break of 69 in the match. He has won frames with about 4 breaks of 67-69.

Almost like a 2024 version of Perrie Mans winning the 1979 Masters without making a break over 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭Xander10

Jesus lads, give the petty name calling a rest

72 is his highest break apparently. I thought it was 68 or 69. I don't want Jones to win this match, but if he gets to the final, I won't watch it but I'd want him to win, just to watch the 💩 hit the fan and the players questioning how TF did this happen.

BBC haven't used Hawkeye in about a decade now. Don't know why, must have become too costly

It's harmless fun and we have to entertain ourselves somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Gets a decent break as soon as I criticise him :)

Yeah I'm the same, would like him and Wilson to lose in the final but it would be funny for the reaction alone.

• Advertisement

Ya, using the Marvel license is very expensive these days. 😉

Jones only two away now,a Wilson- Jones final should be riveting stuff???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jones seems to have weathered the storm, fancy him to grind it out from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭waynescales1

The WC will be safe at the Crucible for the next 100 years if this is the standard we can expect.

Let's see if Jones can win his first frame in this semi-final in one visit. Even a century? Now, now. One miracle at a time.

Edit: And it should come as a surprise to nobody that it didn't happen.

Jak Iones has made 3 centuries in the 51 frames he has won to this point. It requires some adjustment when Hendry, Willo, O'Sullivan, Trump etc could make 3 tons in an 8 frame session

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

my wife pointed out that Jak looks like the bearded man emoji. I can’t unsee it now

🧔🏻‍♂️

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I think this snooker is next to impossible to escape.

There was more of a gap than I thought. Still a foul though.

• Advertisement

God bless your memory 👍,Jones is kinda like a modern day Eddie Charlton?

Advertisement