Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That frame was better than anything Jones has done in this match, and yet Bingham still finds himself 3 behind going into this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I always hated the way Bingham tries to get the crowd on his side, from doing deliberate fed up sulky poor me expressions in his chair when things aren't going right to being overly exuberant when things are going right as we saw in that last frame. And I don't agree with Taylor, he's not 'likeable'.

He is basically the English Dennis Taylor mannerisms wise. If you don't like Bingham. I think you go to hell.

He even threw in a trickshot at the end there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

terrible match.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

I think this probably a bit beyond Gilbert with the 4 frame deficit. So important he gets off to a good start.

That's a huge slice of luck for Kyren. Missed the red, came back across the table and hits off another red and drops into the opposite pocket.

Wilson has subsequently missed, so chance for Gilbert now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,080 ✭✭✭✭walshb

14-11 now..

That hopefully will settle Gilbert and unnerve Wilson. First frame to Gilbert. 14-11.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,068 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Was over there during week for two sessions. Something off bucket list.

Have be honest place needs bit of makeover and needs be renovated. Hopefully they get funding for it. Was still enjoyable and great see players in flesh.

• Advertisement

John Virgo: "No! No! No! No! No! No! No! I'm not having that! I'm not having that!"

You're not playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

What element of the Crucible, or the immediate area needs to be upgraded? Just curious about what people expect a British regional city centre to do or look like.

I don't expect a radically different trip when I go to Belfast or Manchester to watch Snooker. Both are venues that are very well regarded on the tour. York is a cut above but it's not a big city and is a year round tourist destination in the UK. And even for all York's poshness, the immediate area around the Crucible is snazzier than around the Barbican.

Gilbert played a black that was tight passing a red on its way to the pocket. He hit the red and missed the black. It's just the way John overreacts to things though that's a bit annoying.

Crazy going for the brown off that last red, and not getting a black or pink

careless yellow from Gilbert

Basically Wilson needs a Reardon in his corner (to go on to the next level) is that what they are saying in studio?

Highlighting Wilson's poor decision making etc etc

Gilbert missing sitters

It's not looking good for Gilbert in this frame either.

• Advertisement

Is Kyren just not very bright?

He said he studio that he did not know what it was first to. He had to check the scoreboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Gilbert lost this last night, it was obvious the head dropped, things were going against him and he just wilted and today it just carried over, you just never got the sense he believed the comeback was on.

Yeah, you get the impression he was just happy to be there.

I know the snooker commentators love going on about sportsmanship in the game of snooker that they are "very proud of", as Ken just said there.

But I immediately thought about all those high profile banned players. I don't think they should go on about sportsmanship anymore in light of that.

This is not a great standard. The Jak Jones matches have strangled the life out of the tournament. Nothing against the chap, I watched his games last year and didn't notice it, but this year, every one of his matches have been a tough watch

I don't how he manages to make most frames like that. It sort of happens gradually. Kyren will be loving the way this match is going anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭John arse

’WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING '!!!- Does my Head in!😤

Delete

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

O'Sullivan would have conceded by now if he made it to as far as playing Jones

• Advertisement

If Bingham comes back to win it mightn’t be till 4 or 5 in the morning?🥱🥱🥱

Advertisement