Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI in app notification ,I need newer than Android 10

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭jmcc

BOI has updated its webpage about mobile device operating systems.

https://www.bankofireland.com/help-centre/faq/mobile-operating-system-support-policy/

It makes things a bit clearer.

"What happens after 1 July?

After 1 July we can no longer offer support for the operating systems mentioned above.

This does NOT mean that affected customers will need to buy a new
    phone to use our app. After 1 July, customer devices will still have
    access to the app. Customers will still be able to send money, pay
    bills, view transactions, check balances and do all other online banking
    as normal.

However, any device that is still using an old operating system (OS
    14 or lower for Apple devices and OS 10 or lower for Android), will not
    be able to update to any later versions of our mobile app. This means
    these customers:

• Will not have access to new features or improvements.
    • Over time, access to existing features will also be affected.
    • Very importantly, they will not be getting any Apple or Android security patches or updates.
    • After 1 July, if a customer deletes the BOI app from a device that
      has not had its software updated, they will not be able to reinstall the
      app on that device. They will need to use a device using software that
      is OS 11 or above if it’s an Android, or OS 15 or above if it’s an Apple
      device. Alternatively they can use a Physical Security Key (see below)."

A bit of competent management could have saved all this hassle.

Regards…jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 25,334 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I'm on Android 14 and got the original message. Which gave me a fright.

Opened the app just now and a message panel dropped down, here is the text….

We messaged you by mistake

On 19 March we messaged certain customers whose phones need software updates.

We sent you that notification by mistake. Sorry for any confusion, there's nothing you need to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Juran

Did anyone recieve the following message from BOI ? I recieved this message today:

"We recently received your request for a Physical Security Key (PSK) for Banking 365 . We can see that you have since activated your user profile on the new Banking 365 app which can be used instead of the PSK. If you still require a PSK , Please contact us on 0818 200 365 . Never disclose your full 365 PIN to anyone. Thank you, Bank of Ireland".

I ordered a psk last week, I was told I'd have it in 5-7 working days. Since then, I did not log into my banking 365, i did not activate anything or change user profile. Zero, nothing. I am abroad in Canada right now, and will be for the rest of the week, so I didnt get a chance to call them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭padyjoe

What would be your question?
    It's either or or. Once you've your app authorised, it's the one and only thing can be used. PSK is invalid. Same thing the other way around. You nod to PSK, the app ceases to be your ID as soon as your order confirmed. You've no access, until you've got the device in your hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,841 ✭✭✭Gusser09

1 july deadline is good. Gives me more time to move everything away from boi.

Advertisement