Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convective/Thunderstorm Discussion Spring/Summer 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭pauldry

Constant rumbles over the mountains. Sounds like a quarry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

A few strikes and rumbles in Athenry now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭squarecircles

sea fog rolled in here here in west mayo about 2 hours ago and ruined the day with a cold sea breeze,

and due to the retarded nature of warning system, under an orange warning for nothing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Yes I can hear a few distant rumbles as well but all dry and pleasant outside at the same time (east Sligo)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,888 ✭✭✭squonk

North Clare. I can see the fog off in the distance over the sea and there a bit of a chill here even though we’re not foggy. Still looks nice out. I just notice the chill with the window open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

continuous rumblings in the Dartry mountains over yonder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Dazler97

Nothing in carrick yet although clouds are building

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Quite active now, big storms up in Donegal and the Midlands getting going ( can see the sea fog along the coasts, around all day here on the Kerry coast ).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,105 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Heavy Thunderstorms reported at Knock at 4pm. Rare enough

EIKN 201500Z 06003KT 8000 +TSRAGS BKN023CB BKN027 16/15 Q1013 TEMPO 2000

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭highdef

Explosive convection to my South, looking towards Athlone and Tullamore.

Warmest day of the year for me in this this part of Longford, currently 25°

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭CirrusBusiness

South Carlow thunder and lightning and not under any warning. Big rolling booms

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Banarol

The my lightning app is showing Offaly getting hammered but lightning maps is showing sporadic strikes so it’s hard to know. They got quite alot last June as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭squarecircles

THE LATEST FORECAST.

(In brackets what met eireann have omitted.)

Continuing warm and humid (inland) today with sunny spells.(Sea fog will impinge on western coastal extremities). Localised heavy downpours and thunderstorms will develop, especially across the (inland) west and north. Hail, flash flooding and frequent lightning in some areas along with gusty winds. Highest temperatures of 20 to 24 degrees (except in coastal extremities where temperatures will range from 12 to 17) in generally light and variable winds.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭The Macho Man

Lots of very recent strikes between Rosenallis and Tullamore direction, nothing east of that yet. Debating whether going for a cycle from Portarligton to the Slieve Bloom and back at 5 is a good idea or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

A lot of action over Offaly. Assume a warning will be issued for more counties

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭Archeron

Im standing on a bucket in Meath gazing fowards Tullamore to see if i can spot that 😁

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Careful now! ⚠️ 😀

(Health & Safety Hat on).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Looking in direction south east of athlone. It's coming...

OOhh That looks nasty ,looks very rain wrapped

• Advertisement

Offaly and westmeath have been added into the yellow warning ⚠️

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Dollseyes

Constant thunder the last hour in ballina mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Constant thunder past 20 minutes North east Galway. Think there's lightning around Glenamaddy Kilkerrin areas

• Registered Users Posts: 20,351 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Saw two amazing flashes and as soon as I took out the camera to record, it dried up. 15 minutes of video of dark cloud doing nothing 😭😭

And now it's just raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

that must be it looking SSW from Dublin, that’s about 60 miles from me I would think looking through the haze.

looks like a mushroom cloud … scary!

Aww that's a shame who knows maybe it might kick off again

• Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

that’s thunderstorm in Tuam between 3-4pm was something else

The amount of rain that fell!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Incoming North east Galway!!! and ofcourse my friggin phone battery dies!!!

Very active indeed but still sunny and 22c here in carrick ,I'm sure sligo and donegal are having serious flooding now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Lashing rain, constant rumblings and a massive rip type bang there a little while ago

South Sligo 90m asl

Advertisement