Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,532 ✭✭✭kingshankly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

"You clearly didn't look very hard for a more suitable place for your post."

https://www.boards.ie/categories/christianity

The above would be a much more suited place. Mods, can we have the post on question moved to a more suitable forum, please?

"Don't see the big deal about it."

Indeed. No big deal at all. Some people getting all perplexed and serious about nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,532 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Really struggling to remember the last dry day

currently 6 degrees in the north east and lashing rain we definitely need to speed up this global warming craic time to burn more coal 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

I'm merely suggesting that chat about Christianity/Religion and no reference to weather, in a weather forum, is not the right place for it and that it should be discussed in the correct forum, so that order can be kept.

Sure we may as well chat about cars here as well, if that's the case.

Ahhhhhh, a face palm emoji. I see how you associated the face PALM with PALM Sunday. Well done, you. I like it :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

It's snowing in dunmanway west cork

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭donal.hunt

Also here in Whitechurch, Co. Cork.

I would put "snowing" in quotes because it's very wet, bordering on sleet. But definitely big flakes mixed in. 🌨️

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Sleet on the way to work this morning to Tralee, temp dropped from 4.5C to 3.5C, big showers of rain followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another stunning day here in NCD, yeah right.

At this stage I'd probably die of shock if I opened the curtains and it wasn't raining.

Also seems to be going backwards with temperatures, very cold the last few days.

Apart from St. Patrick's Day which was glorious, March has been wet and miserable.

Never got above about 14 or 15, usually you would have a few warm days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Has actually turned out really nice in North Kildare this morning after earlier raining.

Might get the washing dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Washing dry, I don't think so it's currently 5 degrees out there and damp.

They will come in wetter than they went out because no doubt there is another shower around the corner!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I have no issue with Eibhir's post (and that's a Mod Note).

To me, I read it as highlighting how early Easter can be, and the relevance of that being it often said that there is more chance of white Easter than white Christmas. Helps a lot if Easter is in March!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Drizzle and dull here in Celbridge! Also very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Snowing in Bishopstown, cork too. Random

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭pureza

Screenshot of a video sent to me from near Macroom in NW Cork just now

Snowing heavily

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭donal.hunt

Really chucking it down now. Starting to stick on the grass. 🌨️

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

Huge flakes in Glanmire...not sticking

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I wasn't expecting snow down here, but there it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,609 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Maybe you should take your church reference to the Christianity forum pal.

😉

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Robwindstorm

My god but the north east ,namely parts of Louth and Down that were badly flooded in the winter seem to have got hammered again in the last 24hrs. Dreadful morning here again in Meath

• Advertisement

Dull, grey, cool and breezy in Trim, Meath, with occasional outbreaks of light rain.

Interesting to read about wintry precipitation in parts of the southwest. Three cameras to maybe keep an eye on are:

#1 is in the Rathduff townland on the N20, just east of Grenagh village, at an elevation of just under 150m, with some land towards the west and east rising to above 200m. TII is reporting a temperature of 2° there with SSE breeze.

#2 is in the Ballyvourney area of the N22, at an elevation of just over 200m but with many hills all around. I checked a few minutes ago and it looked to be raining but it has just transitioned to what looks like very wet snow.

#3 is also on the N22 but this time on the Macroom to Cork City section, in the general area of Ryecourt. The camera is located at only about 50m ASL however the hill in the background rises to about 200m, with the area visible in the photo probably rising to around 160m, at a guess.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Heavy sleet/ snow/ rain shower in Tralee now but very wet, huge sloppy drops, got drenched running to the car, 4.0C.

Interesting to see if thunderstorms show up in the early afternoon.

Update, camera #1 at Rathduff on the N20 is now reporting a temperature of 0° with what looks like moderate wet snow falling with the slightest of accumulations on the grass.

Camera #2 on the N22 near Ballyvourney also looks to have moderate wet snow but with slightly more in the way off accumulations due to it being at higher elevation and also because it is surrounded by relatively high ground. The temperature is still reporting an obviously incorrect 12°!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Snowing near Ballyporeen Co. Tipperary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Baltic Wicklow.

Snow capped Lug.

Sunshine last hour. Dark and gloomy again.

Got a two hour ramble yesterday afternoon here in Wicklow hills. Stuck to the byeways. Surprisingly it was mainly dry, did get rain at one point but it wasnt without expetation to have rain on the ramble. Was geared up for all March weathers.

5⁰ today. Wicklow

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭ascophyllum

It's sunny and the cold east wind this morning has backed off to v light SE, its quite pleasant outside at the minute, we've been extraordinarily fortunate with the weather at times this year here in West Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Status Yellow - Snow-Ice warning for Cork, Kerry

Met Éireann Weather Warning

A mix of sleet and snow showers could lead to accumulations causing disruption today.

Valid: 10:24 Wednesday 27/03/2024 to 18:00 Wednesday 27/03/2024

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AndB456

I can't decide if the weather is the straw that broke the camels back or it's because of the weather I am on my last straw.

It's very March weather in the south east today, cold, windy, showery and sunny at times. Would be fine if there was some hope of better weather on the horizon. I feel like it started raining here in Oct '22 and we've had no significant drying since. It's really getting me down. I mostly work outdoors so may be time to change to indoor work.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Robwindstorm

Our guys are on a nowcast alert with a snow and ice warning whereas the met office have issued another rainfall warning for the northeast tomorrow already. There will be some rainfall totals there

• Advertisement
Advertisement