Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brand Loyalty

Options
  • 19-02-2024 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Heinz tomato sauce & Baked beans.

Budweiser beer

Colemans mustard

Hellmans mayonnaise

Timberland jeans

Penny's socks & Jocks

Apple iPhone

Tesco finest irish sausages

Colegate toothpaste

How about your preferred brands?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,912 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Xiaomi smartphones

UN security councils

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I imagine you have a Stetson and enjoy listening to Garth Brooks while doing a bit of line dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Fùck your brands...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

Aldi own brand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

It's a shame that Colgate went all shrinkflation on us. It taught me to avoid brand loyalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Brand loyalty is as ridiculous as your employer expecting you to be "loyal" to them.

They are both in it to make money from you and will screw you over for that goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Diazepam - Valium

Alprazolam - Xanax

Chlordiazepoxide - Librium

Flurazepam - Dalmane

• Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

So loyal to the brand that 2 of them are misspelt.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,752 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Kellogg's corn flakes. Any other sort just don't taste right like the cheap flakes they put out in a hotel for their complimentary breakfast.

That's the only one, I'm not that particular but it'll come down to price so own brand anything for most part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The Body Shop used to be ethical. It got sold to L'Oreal back in 2006.

A couple of weeks ago it was bought by Aurelius, a German private equity firm.

They didn't make as much at Christmas as they'd like so now it's goodbye to 50% of the shops and 40% of head office.

Private equity likes high short term returns. Lots of businesses can produce them by being traded on their brand name until they've been asset stripped.

HP printers have gone from being workhorses to having the mechanism that blocks you using third party cartridges being an security risk as it's an entry point for malware.

A Bentley is a Volkswagen-Audi made in the old Rolls Royce factories. A Rolls Royce is a BMW made in England.

PYREX is proper heat resistant glass. Pyrex is ordinary soda glass as in jam jars.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

What, nobody said boards.ie ?

* Mod needed in aisle 3...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Coca-Cola classic/orginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I tried an off brand Corn flakes once I found my masturbatory activity significantly increased.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭tomhammer..

Original taste

If that ever goes we're in trouble .

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

• Registered Users Posts: 27,905 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Why do we, crucify ourselves, every day?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,355 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Why anyone would choose Budweiser is beyond me. Terrible beer for a premium. Funny how much damage their loyal customers did to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m not loyal to any brands.

just there are brands that I like / prefer…

what I want from a brand is quality and value for money.

I spent about 450 euros on a Junk De Luxe winter coat about 12 years ago…. I wouldn’t hesitate to spend money on any of their stuff because the coat is so well made, incredibly warm, it’s a great fit, will last a lifetime… bought T-shirts, jumpers and underwear and never an issue, good value to ok value. But always incredibly well made, great fit and stylish but not garish or ostentatious and bonus minimal to zero visible branding which these days is great and rare where lots of even premium brands want you waking around looking like a human advertisement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭thereiver

Company's spend billions on advertising as they know most people buy a brand they know eg the,ll pay extra for a brand eg Colgate toothpaste. Versus low cost brand x toothpaste and retailers order and stock brand names as customers expect certain brands to be in stock obviously if you are on a budget it's cheaper to buy Tesco or Aldi generic grocery's

I don't know why an Irish person buys a Budweiser beer when there's plenty of good beer available that's not American in any Irish supermarket

In Ireland has traditionally been very brand loyal and noticeably so by international companies. Of all the Blockbusters location Ireland was the only country to go by a different name

Debates about the likes of King versus Tayto, Murphy's Versus Guinness, Barry's versus Lyon's etc... are not common in other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Loyalty or tried, tested & trusted?

Tried, tested & trusted - Quiksilver, ION, Malden Salt and Apple.

Who told you that???? Local food delicacy battles are thoroughly and 100% international! From wines, confectionaries, teas and beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,540 ✭✭✭Allinall

I buy Budweiser beer because I like it. Simples.

Food types yes but not brands. Living in other countries told me that. I certainly wouldn't put Apple on that list given I was around when they started and how many failures and faulty products they have brought to the market. ION originally were very cheap poor quality

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

the answer to murphy's v guinness should always be....Beamish

nike soccer boots and gym shoes are about the only things id go out of my way to buy in terms of a specific brand, otherwise its always what i find to be the best value rather than a specific 'name' - have never owned an apple product for example

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Kurooi

Barry's tea. Shots fired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭standardg60

Lynx. There still isn't a decent alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

I’m very brand loyal. Bose headphones, Ted Baker clothes, Creed aftershave, San Marzano tomatoes, Gubeen cheese and chorizo etc. Don’t like to skimp on cheap knockoffs.

Advertisement