Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 8th - What’s your vote? **Mod Note In Post #677**

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭foxsake

Voting NO for both

they are clearly out of touch and this clarifies what many suspected ,

they do live in a bubble of media darlings and politically focused NGOs

But it galls me that TDs/Senators didn't break ranks - cos I can imagine many rural TDs don't inhabit the NGO / Media bubble... where was their backbone.

after the fact is no good. that actually even worse makes them look like rats deserting a sinking ship

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Leo et al thought they would get some poses with Mna na H’ Eireann after they were so good to us , then swan off to the USA to promote themselves .

Well that backfired spectacularly and they got smacked down by a very very pissed off public .

No Leo we are not stupid we knew exactly what you were trying to do and said No .

• Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Voting NO for both

Oh look... colour me surprised (not!)

In a note to Minister for Finance Michael McGrath, officials contrasted the “strive” wording with proposals – which were not accepted – for “reasonable measures” to provide care: “In summary this option is intended to avoid a concrete and mandatory obligation to provide support as opposed to the previous ‘reasonable measures’ language.”.

Now we know why they didn't want to release the details of these meetings in advance. All the things that people here were concerned about were certainly not unfounded as it turns out.

Right decision made by the people last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Voting NO for both

Leo and his “immigrant” anecdote about St Patrick is truly nauseating shite. We have to get rid of this prick asap. And I used to support him and FG 100%.

Voting NO for both

Maybe im mad but I am still basking in their defeat last Friday. I’ve really savoured the result and the pathetic reactions and squirming this week from them. It’s fairly evident they didn’t see it coming or expected it- certainly not when they planned it months ago on International Women’s day. It can’t be stressed how out of touch they are.

They’re really in trouble in June. I certainly will be not voting for any establishment parties or government this June in either election. Not even local cllrs I think do an ok job. There has to be a clear out

• Advertisement

Voting NO for both

All through covid it was an authoritarian nightmare - we were treated like criminals with absolutely no dissent allowed. I haven’t forgotten all that rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭tom23

Voting NO for both

let’s hope it’s not a meaningful election for mickey, leo and cabbage ryan.

Voting NO for both

Yes they’re badly in need of a “New Normal” to chew on

Advertisement