Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SUV v Saloon

Options
  • 17-02-2024 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Looking at upgrading my 2016 1.6 VW diesel auto pasatt, its myself, wife and two kids. Weighing up options for approx 35 - 40k total including trade in.

Looking for something that has good MPG, good size boot and decent spec.

Options include a 20/21 pasatt or Skoda superb/octavia sportline. I also like the look of the peugot 5008 for the extra space.

Concerns with the Peugot 5008 option are MPG and resale value in years to come. I do a 110km round trip commute to work 2 or 3 times a week. I have only considered the 5008 as this seems to be the only SUV in its category that gives a decent return on diesel MPG.

The saloon is the more practical but if I can get a fuel efficient SUV for the same price, this could be an option.

Interested to hear people's Views on these options or any other suggestions??

Cheers

Comments

Advertisement