Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SUV v Saloon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kgroarke

Having considered it...this is also my thinking, especially if I were to put up higher miles on the peugot 5008. I think the skoda and vw in general hold their value better. There isn't actually much different in boot space between the estate superb and the hatchback...only 35 litres. Would nearly sway me more toward the hatch for the better looks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

No doubt if a Cadillac Escalade pulls up beside you, you would have a point but your arrow is pretty meaningless, if you can over the steering wheel of an Octavia, you can see over the bonnet of the Peugeot 5008 beside you, the top of the door mirror of the Octavia comes up to the top of the bonnet of the 5008.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

It was more pointing at the general heights of an SUV not just the bonnet. The entire car will block your view when it pulls up beside you. And then you have to contend with trying to look through two layers of privacy glass in the rear windows. Whole things should be charged double for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Right, because saloons and hatchbacks never come with a tint in the rear, your argument just doesn't stand up to much scrutiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭djan

Why do you need to see through a car and what do you do with MPVs, buses, vans etc.? Take USA for example, I drove over 5,000km in a Mustang convertible and had no issues not seeing through or over their proper massive SUVs. It's really a non issue, especially as Ireland has very few actual SUVs on the road with most being crossovers.

Regarding the OPs decision it really should boil down to whether ease of getting into the car and slightly better visibility is more important than lower fuel consumption, better handling and usually cheaper brakes/tyres as wheels and weight tend to be lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement