Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air fryer to replace oven

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Just be careful with sausages as too close to the top might make machine smoke as full of fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

There's a lot of opinions about various devices being thrown around as facts! Particularly regarding slow cookers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

So, in the spirit of this thread I’m wading in. Slow cookers are a ball of shíte. Some of the most overhyped gadgets that have come along. They do nothing a decent pressure cooker won’t accomplish far faster and you won’t arrive home to find your meal only half cooked. I threw out mine. Nobody in the family wanted it either. I went with an instant pot and it’s a vast improvement. So there 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭phormium

Ah you just didn't know how to use it to it's best 😁 I have two!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Slow cooker with stews meat melts in your mouth , PC one needs to chew.

My uncle swore by them slow cookers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,186 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

It can do great roast potatoes but in separate drawers without a tray for the roasties and fat from the joint. Alternatively, if you only have one drawer, you could crisp the roast potatoes while the meat is resting under a tea towel.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

A bit of a tangent to original question, but thanks to those who recommended replacing the element in my oven - did it today and back in business for 30 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Russman

Apologies for threadjacking, but my question(s) seem to fit in with the thread,

I'm looking at buying an air fryer, its for a family of 4 and I literally know nothing about them in terms of make, model, cost etc.

Presumably its a case of you get what you pay for ? Looking online there's huge disparity in costs from like €60 to €400. What brands would be considered decent ?

Thanks !

Advertisement