Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New housemate, toilet door issue

Options
12346»

Comments

I think your getting a bit of a bad wrap in the comments, from what I have read you have been perfectly reasonable. I think for your next licencee you should take a little bit more time and go with someone who aligns more with what you are looking for. Personally, I'd bit annoyed by someone arriving earlier than expected and then smoking in the room is a massive no no. That's brazen! The mess isn't too bad to be fair from the pictures although I dread to think what it would be like after a few months. Not sure how much damage can be done on carpet by suitcases but I think you've been fair enough and the fact he didn't argue or dispute anything shows that he probably knew it was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭herbalplants

Ah here.. That is a filthy animal and only in less than a week. Good riddance.

Hope he won't be crying crocodile tears how he was evicted.

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

I do Airbnb, I have a vent/extractor fan in the upstairs bathroom, but I've always asked the guests to leave the door ajar when there is no one in there.

A few reasons for this-

1- I hate the noise of doors and handles closing, especially unnecessarily, there can be up to 3 guests staying, that's a lot of unnecessary noise.

2- it gives us all privacy, if the door is ajar, it means the bathroom is vacant, no need to be knocking disturbing people etc.

3- as above, it does allow more airflow , so prevents mould etc

I've kept over 1000 different groups, never heard any complaints or had any issues with this request .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

I think he had something on the wheels of the suit case similar to what was down the radiator, he was rolling down the stairs instead of lifting it (to be fair small enough man and large case) Anyway have managed to lift it off the carpet with a gentle wash.

Have washed the curtains twice but the smell from the blind is the worse the smoke would have went right up into it. I have some vehiclean from my Dad's garage going to take it down and try and wash it in the shower to freshen it up.

Hoping that the mattress clean and a fresh lick of paint will get it back to normal and the window open 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

You need to put in a vent regardless of your open door wishes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Fiona

There is a fan in the bathroom. A newer one was installed 3 years ago when we moved in and redid the bathrooms.

Anyway, if you read the full thread properly you will see this was the least of my problems!

Advertisement