Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I nudged into the back of a van and everyone is injured.

Options
  • 23-01-2024 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

So I nudged into the back of a van, there is plastic damage to my bumper a crack and some scuffs. The van driver and two occupants have personal injury claims and the van requires 15k to fix it. It looks like a complete sham. I know I'm at wrong. I have now received a solicitors letter where in the statment of claim ot mentions that on this date this vehicle was travelling lawfully on the public highway and was struck my me. The thing is he was not travelling lawfully as he didn't have any tax. Is this any help to me.

When the accident happend I spoke with all the occupants and all were fine, one as actually yarning, all said they were fine and I said I would pay for any damage. Damage was very small and only the plastic bumper was slightly oit of alignment. We all had a good look at the time. Obviously they changed their minds when they thought about all the free money. But that's their own choice.

So does no road tax make any difference? The van was a northern reg also if that makes any odds.

Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement