Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

That was arguably the easiest task of the lot. Anyone with half a brain should be able to come up with a decent concept in minutes. Admittedly the AR element required a bit more creativity, but the basics should have been easy. For starters, put a bowl of cereal on the front!

Even I can't think what passion fruit tastes like, how are 6-8 year olds? Both teams went with a "healthy" options, forgetting that they are not there to improve the health of the nation, but to win the task. Just make a chocolate or sugary cereal, like most cereals out there, put a cartoon character on the front and hey presto!

I quite liked the Polar one. They missed a trick by not making them frosted though. Arctic Hoops - They're Frosty! Or call the bear Frosty the Bear. On the back have some fun facts about the Arctic.

It's really not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I suspect the reason both teams went with a 'healthy option' is because that is what they were told to do. Maybe your idea of chocolate/sugary wasn't allowed? People tend to not be aware/forget that there is a massive limitation on what they are allowed do - they are given the strict parameters of the task but it isn't shared with the viewers.

On this task, the kitchen that both teams were sent to appeared to have fruit based cereals as the only ingredient option.

Also, minor point, but 'Frosty' or anything similar would probably have led to a clusterfcuk and zero orders as it's surely a Kelloggs trademark for breakfast food. That would have made fun TV and a nice rant by Sugar.

I take your points, and I am well aware in some of their tasks they are set up almost to fail from the outset.

On the Frosty thing, there is a whole range of Frosties copies out there. Lidl have Frosted Flakes, so there is enough wigle room for a similar product.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭leath_dub

Sugar: "I'm sorry I can't be with you today as I've been called away on urgent business (but still have time to make this video)"

He seems to be "as lathair" a lot this series

• Registered Users Posts: 16,274 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The Muslim one seems to be coasting along under the radar so far even though she contributes very little to the tasks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Noor? Yeah she just seems to be there without doing too much.

Overall though I feel this year's series is much improved of anything we've had inside the last three/four years? There seems to be less of usual types that are obviously just using the show as a platform, and there's clear frontrunner's too. Flo, Tre and Rachel all seem to be very strong contestants who'll likely make it to the end. In some of the most recent series contestants could make the final without having displayed any real competency or standout moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Think she was dismissed many times in the first few episodes. Now she is just coasting. How did she not know she where she was yesterday , like which city. She knew it began with ‘B’ though!

The first few episodes she tried to contribute but got blatantly ignored.

To be fair there are a few that just seem to be coasting. I reckon they are in for a shock in the next couple of weeks.

I've been on that boat tour on the Danube. It cost about 20 quid. I dont know how they managed to talk people into 99 euro. Was that the team with their "Michelin-esque experience"?

The other team were hilariously bad.

Team:"Any questions?"

Tourist:" Yeah, are we going to get some wine on this wine tour any time soon?"

Don't think I've ever seen anyone with eyes as blue as Maura's.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Ralph_GM

Maura was horrible on last weeks task. She came across as a pure bullshitter.

How can you ask for 100 euro for a vine yard tour and then when asked what is the grape named you say something like "I don't know for sure, but my understanding is...."

or

"Sauvinon Blanc is a white wine".....ehhhh, no ****! The name gives it away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Easiest firing ever tonight. Bloody hell Noor 💀

• Registered Users Posts: 11,291 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Noor might be one of the most delusional and useless contestants I've seen on the show. Quite clear to see now why she was ignored so much, and explains the bizarre moment she was in Budapest, not even knowing she was in Budapest.

Did absolutely nothing for seven weeks and then had one of the great clusterf*ck performances for the ages. It's bewildering how she thought that advert was good.

I know the boardrooms are truncated for television so it maybe it just wasn't shown, but how she wasn't hung out to dry for dodging the pitch after her dictatorial management was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

She came across like she'd been sedated most of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,825 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

And was unsurprisingly missing for the You've been fired episode.

I never watch the You're Fired programme but it must be hard for them to fill in the half hour when she was a no show.

True. But given how awful she was, it might have been easier to rip into her without her being there 😂

She clearly wasn't the type to tolerate criticism. At the end, when the audience were asked to hold up Hired or Fired signs, it was a sea of Fired.

I can't remember a worst candidate.

They have regular segments on You're Fired to fill it out. They used to have "Karen Brady being Harsh But Fair", which was could be very funny but they have dropped it for some reason.

I enjoyed You're Fired last night. Don't think Noor would have brought much to it to be honest.

I think she would of either told everyone how wrong they are or cry

I would say in about 99% of cases, the fired contestant is happy to attend You're Fired and laugh at themself and the other candidates. A few years ago there was an american candidate, I can't remember his name who was very very intense, and when You're Fired came on they said something like "Oh suh and such has opted to fly back to the US and so will miss tonights show of You'e Fired".

• Advertisement

Just watched the episode.

Noor has to be one of the worst contestants they've ever had.

She was non existent in the other episodes and made an absolute balls of this one.

I'm not even in marketing and I know that if you're making an ad for something, you can't spend have the add not showing the product you're trying to sell.

I thought there was massive problems with both campaigns though.

The leisure van one, their market was 18-25 year olds!!! How many 18-25 year olds actually buy new vehicles, nevermind buying a new camper van!!!

The stupid VOLTZ icon was embarrassing.

eBNB was also a horrible name for the manufacturer of a van!

If it was me, I'd have called it DC adventures. Have the logo something like this, symbolising a 4 wheeler from above. DC can link in with the electric part (batteries provide DC current)

Im not crazy about your Logo but considering you probably thought it up in about 30 seconds and spent about as long to design it, it is certainly better than the BHS-esque logo that eBNB came up with.

Do none of the candidates watch the Apprentice?? There was an episode from a few years ago where they had to sell campervans, and one team selected the 18-25 market, and it was asked, rhetorically, in the boardroom what 18-25 year olds can afford a campervan?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I watch it every year but even I don't remember that one. Even still, I thought a camper for 18-25 year olds didn't make much sense. Only way it would work is if it was a rental or something like that. I thought maybe the camper is really cheap but looked it up and the camper version is 30k euro. Also the company name is ElectricBrands. If one of the teams had came up with that an electric car company name they would have gotten absolutely slated for it being boring and unimaginative.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

a nasty piece of work.

Would play the race card very quickly if you wronged her I'd say.

What's the proper term for reverse-imposter syndrome? 😁

What they seem to forget is most 18-25 year olds are saving up to buy the ticket for the concert, not looking to buy a campervan to bring them to the concert. Most people buy a cheap tent in Aldi, usually as an after thought. Which explains why so many tents get discarded at the end of concerts. Keeping the cheap 30 quid tent is more hassle than just leaving it behind.

The campervan itself looked like something from the Early Learning Centre. It would look "ccol" to a 4 year old, not to anyone 18+. Im sure I had a car like than made from Duplo.

Actually, the campervan and the original brand "ElectricBrands", looked like something a group of Apprentices would come up with, when given the brief of designing an electric Camper Van. Added features include 1 USB charging port. A group of friends heading to a concert, 4 phones, a bluetooth speaker, maybe a tablet or two, one USB charge point.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is conceivable that it is actually an electric campervan designed by a committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I've deleted my copy of the episode but I think 'aiming a camper-van at the 18-25 market' came from the task specification by Sugar - the age-range wasn't something thought up by the candidates. If so they can hardly be blamed for the inherent flaws (affordability etc) in aiming such a product at this young market.

They were directed by Sugar to aim the camper van at the leisure sector. No mention of ages by him, which means it must have been thought up by the candidates.

• Advertisement

Really poor from some of them.

"let's pick a high price product, because the task is about the most income"

Teleshopping lads, it's mostly mothers at home during the day watching them. Sell a robot vacuum or something.

Raj annoys me to look at. I think it's those really high eyebrows or the perma grin.

Advertisement