Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2024

Options
  • 17-01-2024 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭

Starts on 1st February at 9pm on BBC1.

I'll inevitably claim I dislike it but still catch every episode.

Karren Brady and Tim Campbell back as advisors as expected.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'll be watching as usual and complaining that the whole format is stale as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Thought Claude might return for this season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Candidates

The Apprentice 2024 candidates: Meet the cast facing Lord Sugar | Radio Times

"You were disruptive, you got in the way of the project manager, I won't have disruptive people - you're fired"

"You hid for the task, you didn't attempt to stop the project manager making their mistakes, I won't have wallflowers - you're fired"

My anger is rising already. But will watch every ep obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Predicting the Wexford candidate to be gone in first three weeks for no valid reason.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ah yes "Editing" the TV show has begun.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Same type of teams, same engaging cringe ( that chap who clapped in the boardroom ).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭leath_dub

How much work has Karen had done? A face like a melted welly

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Project manager should have been fired but I think they have a policy of not sacking the PM in the first week as no one would put themselves forward. They should provide some of the customer feedback then it would be obvious why they lost the task, stupid dancing, poor time management, food, lack of alcohol etc.

The Irish one was quiet enough, early days yet though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Cheesecakes mostly looking like primary school project results.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

GG Girls 2:0.

Ginger guy is a ringer for Jay from Inbetweeners, in looks and attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

the lad he fired literally did nothing. Sugar hates anyone that skulks under the radar; he probably felt it better to give the (useless) PM another chance - he screwed up but at least didn't do nothing.

The episode was cringy; like can not even one of them cook. Imagine presenting fish cakes with a sweet crumble on the outside. Wouldn't want that doctor or dentist near me.

The show has really run its course - but I am still watching!!

Flo Edwards (the lady who did the negotiations with the corporate client) has been the standout so far. Completely calm, good tone of voice, organised, focussed, clear-thinking. Has shades of Helen Milligan who won 10/11 tasks the year Tom the Inventor got the investment.

Can see Flo blitzing every task this year. Obviously Helen ultimately lost out in the interviews as she wanted to branch out into a different area from her speciality, which they rejected and she then tried to put a new business plan together and the whole thing became a shambles. If Flo Edwards's plan is sensible and related to her current work (especially with her being a recruitment consultant which has twice been the winner ) then she looks the most likely victor.

(Obviously a decent chance that I am way off and they have been editing her nicely to build up to an imminent collapse)

Irish Yoga teacher was on with Callan this morning

Interestingly, she said each task does take a week, so they are locked up for twelve weeks.

Yer man calling Sugar "mate" when he fired him was kinda funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,663 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

You also can't believe a word coming out of his mouth :D

Maura from this series is on Newstalk at the mo if anyone is interested in a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

One contestant is in a bit of hot water - don't open if you are looking forward to tonights' episode:

Apologies but I am clearly unable to enter spoilers..

Post edited by GAAcailin on

• Advertisement

Meh, not sure why'd you'd mention the persons occupation (which immediately gives them away) or post a link whose name gives the story away without even clicking on it.

Delete it, or spoiler it imo. And maybe in future make a note not to post anything spoilery about an ep before the ep has actually aired.

Not clicking the link but:

Apprentice contestant and anti-semitism mentioned in the link says to me: someone is going straight to you are fired "Do not pass go, do not collect 250,000"

I heard it and she sounded good. Well spoken. Her business plan is not too out there.

She confirmed what I'd already assumed, that Sugar and his minions check out the business plan before they select the contestants.

Yep, even in his book Lord Sugar admits that business plans are given a cursory going over at the outset but without much deep diving. But certainly it would explain some of the more curious early firings in the last few years!

Well they would have to. You can't wittle down to the final 4 only for the most likeable, best performing candidate to turn around and say their business idea is half way between Deliveroo and OnlyFans.

Half way between Deliveroo and OnlyFans?

"You will be my next business partner"

Lord Sugar, with my business model, I can have another "partner" to join us, here in 20 minutes. 😎

For me, a fella, a quick shower and then jump into my ready to go suit, I could just about manage that 20 minute wake up call to out the door.

I really do not believe the lady-folk with drying hair and makeup can do it in 20 minutes.

Watching these escape room theme ideas, Im thinking of Fr Ted.

Ted: You know, I think that could work. It will work.

Dougal: It won't work Ted.

Ted: No it won't but it's worth a shot.

Post edited by LambshankRedemption on

• Advertisement

A load of people on Twitter don't seem to realise that the 50k and 170k "investments" from the gaming companies are not real investments.

Advertisement