Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Apprentice 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

I think some of the candidates this year are ok (ish); that girl Sam is grand as is Flo. Kinda like the Irish girl Maura too.

Would not like that Doctor anywhere near me (physically)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

It's said every year "these are the worst set of candidates", but they grow on you after a few weeks. I like Maura too and Flo is very capable. I think Noor has potential.

None of the fellas have stood out as being either capable or likeable yet.

Think Tre is the only lad that is standing out in any capacity.

Poor Noor was dismissed last night a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭FarmerBrowne

Only watched episode 1 yet but I never knew David Clifford was on it this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭giseva

I recognised him, he was on first dates before, and revealed his hair piece. Fooling nobody with it 😅. Bit of a joker and it cost him. They're all quite poor again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Same old boring tasks every year surely someone could think of a few new ones Zzzzzzzx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Plus the call is at 4 am but 20 minutes later it's light outside

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Next week's task is one of the better measures that's not subjective, simply get an exact list of items as cheap as you can.

They do vary the tasks a bit, but it's a yardstick to measure performance, and see how people do outside of their comfort zone or sometimes, even in their comfort zone.

Lord Sugar: Candidate1, what is your business proposal about?

Candidate1: Its a cupcake selling business.

Lord Sugar: So the last task was right up your alley then and you were the project manager. Karren, how many cupcakes did they sell?

Karren: None.

• Advertisement

Unless they have a seperate shower for each of the candidates, I assume the 20 minutes thing is bollox. And yes, they always get the call at 5am, and leave in broad daylight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,826 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I keep meaning to look at the computer display when the secretary tell them to go into the boardroom - I suspect it never changes :)

Yeah its definitely a screen saver or something. Also why would Sugars secretary be looking at graphs and Pie Charts?

I think it's safe to say some aspects of the Apprentice are made up. Which is hardly surprising. The Corporate world is not really super exciting and does not make good television unless there is a little bit of editorial license used to inject a little drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The boardroom itself is a studio, no actual work is done there so the secretary is just a production crew member :)

Comic Relief Does the Apprentice even took the piss out the secretary screen and had the secretary watching cat videos.

That may have been one of, if not, the worst attempts at the procurement tasks ever. It was almost impressive how bad that team was.

I don't think I've ever seen the entire team (when it's that big) be called into the final boardroom. Crazy stuff. Amina and Jack were utterly shocking mind so thank God they were offed.

In previous years they have been sent to foreign countries, where there may have been a language barrier for the comically bad performances, or lack of knowledge of local culture.

Sending them to an island that is mostly english speaking and located in the English channel.

Not knowing various terms is forgivable but getting shackles and shucking mixed up and so asking for shackled oysters is a red flag from a reading comprehension point of view.

That idiot looking for a 75% discount deserved to go. He also jumped in on Maura's negotiation.

I've noticed quite a bit of male chauvinism this year, has anyone noticed that?

Ive been watching every year for about a decade and this task is my favourite but this year has got to have been the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

The cars being outside in 20 minutes doesn't mean they'll be leaving in 20 minutes. There's no real gotcha there.

Yep and the reality is that the phone call isn't an alarm clock that wakes them up. Even last week you could see that whoever answered the phone was half dressed already. It's just edited that way.

When we say this is the worst group of contestants ever, I watched a few episodes from Series 11 and 12 the last few nights and they were as bad if not worse than the current lot. Some real cringe scenes.

I'd say Sugar is sat with a bucket of Popcorn watching some of these tasks, laughing his socks off at the next cringe task.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,280 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

How would these companies be giving millions to a group of people with no experience in this industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have yet to go one episode without cringing in pain. That Irish-ey car. That Outrun-esque logo. Jaysus!

Maura doesn't seem to be popular with the rest of them.

They never want her as PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

This task is just stupid

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

In fairness, the other guy is into the sport so it makes sense to go for him.

Both those logos are absolutely horrible. How can they make them so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭giseva

think the lads this year are brutal; girls not as bad. Amina was desperate but think Flo, Sam and Rachel are ok.

mad the way they were talking about such huge money , it’s normally a few pounds and pence!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Yeah, probably the least realistic task I've seen.

I know its for entertainment purposes but the real pointlessness of some of the tasks is shown in these ones where executives are playing around with fake money. At least in some of the tasks where its a tour or the item acquisition task or the D2C sales tasks, it's real money at stake so its a measureable success or failure. The ones where a sponsor picks a number out of a hat (whether its for sponsorship, selling something in their shop, buying its a brand) is just so misleading and unfair.

If it has to be fake money, the teams should be competing for the same sponsor for fairness.

First off I assume the room full of sponsors were the same room for each teams, and so offered or negotiated deals with the two teams based on how they felt about the pitches. Onyoko's pitch was absolutely dire so not surprising they lost. Same team, it was only a coincidence that their team colours matched with the Indian flag, which saved their initial pitch.

I imagine the large money at stake is a way of weeding out candidates who get weak at the knees at such price tags. Someone could have a very profitable company, but mention deals of 9 million and their legs turn to jelly. Not something you want in a potential business partner.

• Advertisement

Maura should have gone this week.

Advertisement