Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Tuscon WARRANTY - Automatic gearbox not covered under 5 year warranty

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Doe Tiden

Just 2 questions,

what mileage do you think, the clutch in your car should last?

do you think the clutch in your car is/was faulty to give up at 130k?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Cordell

IMHO the clutch in a manual should last more than 130K (except for bad driving), and the clutch in an automatic should last much much more than that. If they consider the clutch in a manual to be the same as the clutch in an automatic (or automated manual or whatever you call an automatic without a torque converter) then that's really unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Adelaidedb

your correct it’s only 2k!!!of a bill to be covered under warranty by us to get the car running again.

The behaviour of the Hyundai Ireland customer care.. would we buy Hyundai again after that ….

As mentioned partners family have bought 2 new Hyundai cars in the last 6 months . And two other of her family the year before. They are now aware of this situation

Her father was the person that pointed her to the Hyundai as he purchases a lot of Hyundais and Mercedes for the job that his in.

Also my own mother is looking to change and was looking at the Hyundai Kona at the dealership. She has now gone and put a deposit on a Kia yesterday.

Anyways a small drop can create a big ripple

I agree with you, for a car that does 95% of its driving on the Motorway!!

the remaining 5% my partner does be riding the invincible clutch pedal in the drive way :).

that’s a good question maybe the best answer is taken of the Hyundai Website:

”Every new Hyundai is built to the highest quality standards which allow us to offer an unlimited mileage warranty. It provides coverage in the unlikely event a repair is needed during your first five years of ownership. And there's more: warranties include high-voltage batteries and parts, as well as a mobility warranty.”

So the answer above from the experts is up to 24 Months as the car is 2019.

after 2022 it’s 24months or 20 000kms

… then by this I would expect to pay 2.2K worst case scenario every 20k

So every time I would get my tires replaced I suppose best get the clutch disc,s done as well. Better safe than sorry.

• Advertisement

Tbh if this is your argument with Hyundai I’m not surprised you’re getting nowhere,

I’ll ask again as quoting waffle from the Hyundai website does not answer my questions.

what mileage do you think, the clutch in your car should last?

do you think the clutch in your car is/was faulty to give up at 130k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Are Hyundai's in general capable of big mileage without major repairs to the engine and drive train, has anyone here put 300000 km or over 200000 mile's on one, I know clutches are a wearing part but 20000 km warranty on an auto box is ridiculous, and Hyundai is not a budget brand

waffle?? That’s what’s on their website my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Haven't had good experience dealing with Hyundai either on warranty issues. Long waits for diagnosis/parts, fixes not implemented properly. Maybe all the main brands are like this but would put me off buying them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Danny Drier

Has wifey been over-revving the automobile?

• Advertisement

Ok,

do you want to answer the questions I asked you?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MrRigsby

Courtesy car ? Are you having a laugh ? You didn’t spend a penny with that dealer so why would they give you anything ? You presumably saved money by importing a secondhand car instead of buying new so you can’t expect the bells and whistles customers of the dealership enjoy. Spend some of what you saved on a hire car , independent mechanic and spurious parts and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

My sister bought a brand new Hyundai in 2002. Sold it 14months later due to non stop issues. Nobody in the family now will own a Hyundai or Kia even if it was for free

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

That was 22 years ago. Was it in pounds or euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Iodine1

So she bought a Kia, isn't that just a cheaper /older / lower spec Hyundai?

Advertisement