Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delinquent kids kicking my door, how to manage this?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭LilacNails

The more u push them op, the more they will push back....hence the prolonged and current annoyance u are still having with them. Theres the evidence.

Can u at the very least try to ignore them. They seem to be taking alot of time and space in ur head, which is understandable. But u can have some control over them, by ignoring them. I

It is so so tempting to get revenge on these twat$, but they will always, always push back.

Think about it, the majority of people here are all.giving the same advice, that speaks volumes.

I hope it stops soon for u cuz I do empathize.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Btw I go against cameras unless its well hidden. They will, guaranteed, try break it.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gamergurll

Reading this reminds me of why I don't miss living in Dublin! 😂

I realise you don't want to let them get away with it but unfortunately that's the way things are set up in this country, too many little brats walk free to cause trouble, it's up to the parents to deal with them but sometimes they are just as bad. As long as they aren't damaging the door ignore it and they will get fed up, cameras and chasing them up is feeding their fun 🤷‍♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

Oh I'm sure that it will spread to the rest of Ireland given time.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gamergurll

Ah sure little scotes like that are everywhere, one was bullying my daughter for a while but he learned it all from his parents, my neighbours are all older people so no nasty neighbours luckily. I wouldn't like to imagine having problems though, we have outdoor pets too that I would be afraid of harm. But kids like this were everywhere when I lived at home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I live down the sticks and its been happening to my mother for the last 3 years. Guards wont do a thing. Their parents wont do a thing either.

I have no problem with a nik-nak, i.e. ring the doorbell but these arent doing that, first 3 of them ran a distance and nearly put their foot through the front door. My mother is elderly so doesnt get up to them so they decided since they werent getting any fun out of that the group goes up to the front room window and kick it. Last year I got hold of most of them and brought them around to their parents who said it would stop but nah its only getting worse cos they have nothing else to be at other than harassing elderly sick people. (Oh and its not just my mothers house, the smashed the rear patio door window of one of the neighbors houses, also one of the neighbors had a massive heart attack and they day he returned home he was subjected to hours of this until I got hold of one of the lads and got his mother up to deal with it).

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Havenowt

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭SteM

They're probably doing it because they're not allowed to play football outside the poor angels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

See, this is maybe, 10% issue with the kids.

90% issue with their mother.

Toxic mother figures and absent irresponsible father figures, scourge of society.

I would WAGER their mother is encouraging them to do this.

I see the point of view of the majority of posters, "nothing you can do".

I'm not a believer in that. I'm a believer in mechanistic process with an inevitable conclusion.

It just takes perseverance, attention to detail, and will to follow through..... which most folk are simply going to consider too much hassle.

Other thing is, for what I contend may or may not be possible, reality is there's not going to be a lot of love for it, probably cause this predisposed assumption it's inevitably a losing effort (and no offense, but I can't help but wonder is this either an "Irish" thing, or a "boards.ie" thing?)

Reading that story above of this type of behaviour just out of control..... I mean, you'd want to punt them all head first into a meat grinder.

Reality is, there's a CULTURE of this behaviour, it's almost considered a part of daily life.

In physics we trust....

I got to ask, how did you "get a hold of them"?

I mean, grab them by the ear?

Cause immediately, our wonderful, highly cognizant justice system would hold you liable for doing so, regardless of how grievous their actions may have been.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

• Advertisement

Mike Tyson used to talk about this, growing up in Brownsville, how he and his "friends" would "out smart" their targets.

Normally stealing from them or whatever.

And that's what it's all about.

That feeling of getting an "edge" on the more productive side to society, presumably.

Prevents them having to confront the degenerative reality of their own existence (ensuring they'll never have to improve upon it).

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

I'm a believer in mechanistic process with an inevitable conclusion.

OK, but your issue is that you've decided what the conclusion will be, with absolutely no idea what the process will be.

As such, I'm not sure how the conclusion is inevitable.

** sigh **

Cynicism.

Vice versa - I know what the process will be, as I've outlined.

I have no idea about the conclusion, how or where it will wind up.

Navigating this GDPR bullshinanigans is the first order of business.

First, rental agent contacts property management for clearance, then someone inspects the tape, presumably, possibly.

I had coppers around last week but forgot to request clearance to view the tape myself, so they'll be around again this weekend.

Only either one of those have legal rights to grant GDPR clearance, so hopefully one will pan out.

Post edited by Sugar_Rush on

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

This is the best thread we've had all year :D

Best how?

Do anecdotes of scrotes and failed parents behaving obscenely in civilized communities amuse you?

Whilst the failed justice system holds their hands and says, "rights and protection of scrotes come first!"?

You know what I think when I read posts like this?

I think this country has a sad future ahead of it.

And the likes of you are part of this sorry ass generation.

What do you want to be when you grow up..... kid?

In physics we trust....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This thread has got ridiculous

Sugar_Rush - do not try open yet another thread on this topic, it has been done to death and you don't appear to care about the suggestions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement