Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delinquent kids kicking my door, how to manage this?

Options
  • 02-12-2023 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I think I posted a thread quite a while back about living in an apartment complex which has four different blocks. One of the blocks is owned by the city council and Focus Ireland manages it on their behalf.

At that time I had mentioned there were kids in the council block, using a common space between the blocks to play football and they were going nuts and creating a noise disturbance.

I received advice here to report them to their management, Focus Ireland, which I did, and the issue was apparently resolved because thereafter, there was virtually no further disturbance.

Recently, I was informed that they were only temporarily in the Focus Ireland property, whilst their other council house, their main residence, was being refurbished.

So they've moved back there, out of the apartment facility. Should be good cause it means they're gone now, right?

Wrong.

** facepalm **

Turns out, they apparently didn't take kindly to being reported and scolded, presumably, by their management company. Cause now the kids are coming around in the evening time and kicking my door, then running (they knew it was me that reported them cause I told them off several times in person before reporting them).

Anyways, due to GDPR, there's this new regulation where I'm not allowed to look at CCTV footage, but the security guard checked it out on my behalf and clearly identified them as the same kids.

i.e. now they've moved out, they're coming by and kicking my door to f**k with me.

The camera footage is too low definition to identify their faces though, so cops won't act on it (spoke to them already and they examined the footage too).

So, what are my options?

Cops said, when it happens, I could immediately dial 999 and their control center has CCTV in the surrounding streets, but to me it sounds improbable they'll find much or act on it.

I could contact Focus Ireland again and explain circumstances, but I don't know what could become of that.

Apparently there's an organization called "Tusla" that might deal with delinquent kids?

Really what I need is to positively ID them myself.

It happened this evening by example, and I could see a kid run off and he looked 90% like one of the bastards that used to kick football into peoples windows, but cause I only saw him running away, there's 10% uncertainty.

Any thoughts?

Someone mentioned to me to get a wifi doorbell camera, but I only use my phone hotspot for internet, plus couldn't they just tear that off the door anyways?

In physics we trust....

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement