Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delinquent kids kicking my door, how to manage this?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,004 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Thanks.

Any chance of an apology for the abuse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

That's why I'm saying, cognitive management of this situation should effectively address it.

Simply verify it's them (my management company need to let me view their CCTV footage).

Follow up with my management then, perhaps to act on my behalf in contacting the council responsible for housing them.

Hopefully they can acquire their details, so when it happens again and I ID them, dial 999 to file a report, police can simply speak with their parents.

That happens enough times with no change of behaviour, there's a case to be made one could defer to Tusla to examine matters further.

In physics we trust....

Imagine having an issue with kids playing, FFS.

Again this comment is wilful ignorance and shamelessly made out of context.

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,070 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

You could dress up as Jimmy Saville and offer them free sweets and tours of your house

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

I have to say, this is one of the stranger threads that's been created for a while....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭RobbieV

Yes

The kids in my estate ( houses and apartments) play football outside my house. Sometimes the ball hits the kitchen window, sometimes it bounces off my car.

No big deal. That's where they have to play.

I cannot believe that you're somehow trying to make our the fact that I don't mind kids playing football, as some kind of 'spin' 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Why don't you try ignoring them, as multiple posters have now suggested?

You seem to have a habit of drawing this kind of attention on yourself. First it was some guy in the gym, now its these kids.

You started a thread on juvenile offenders less than a month ago on CA, so you know full well the gardai are not going to do anything about a couple of kids.

Ignore them. The more trouble you try and stir up for them, the more trouble you are going to draw down on yourself.

The council aren't a police force. They're not going to police what their tenants' children do in other estates.

You seem to have a habit of drawing this kind of attention on yourself.

This is also not entirely untrue.

I mean you wouldn't believe......

Sometimes I get chicks stalking me........ real nasty ass chicks also....... (hey guys!!).

Yes, really. I absolutely kid you not.

But ignoring them, as outlined ad nauseum, isn't going to change anything.

Anyways, tomorrow's another day.

Let me chat to the relevant authoritative bodies and see what happens.

In physics we trust....

There's more to this than you describe.

Do you not have a man about the house to tell them off?

Point being it's obviously not a serious imposition on you if you really don't pay it any attention.

In physics we trust....

• Advertisement

Presuming my gender there😂 A man? Why would I need a man? If I have any issues I'll deal with them myself.

Of course it's no imposition, it's kids playing! There is something wrong if you have an issue with kids playing..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

How do you know it isn't going to change anything, when you haven't tried it?

Several people have told you it has worked for them in similar circumstances.

But good luck with your endeavours.

Oh, "girl" in the screen name....... I just assumed.

But you're obviously and intentionally trivializing the misery that "kids playing" can cause for a multitude of tenants all around the country.

It wasn't just me complaining about these scrotes either. In fact I think a dude two doors down just moved out cause of them.

Kids should go and play in parks and fields, not closed space residential areas or office blocks.

I would have thought that obvious, but I guess some folk are just too rigid to agree.

In physics we trust....

I would have thought it obvious that kids play close to home, near their parents etc. Safe etc.

How many fields are there in Dublin?

you expect children under 12 to go away from their homes and parents and safety, and play in a park who knows where!

get a grip

Cause as I said, this has been happening for months and I have ignored it.

So they've ramped up their efforts recently and it's clear they want to see how I respond and manage the situation, and will keep pushing it until they find out.

I think following correct protocol is a sound enough approach.

Others circumstances are almost certainly incomparable to mine given that most complainants wouldn't have put the complainee in a position where they could have legitimately got evicted.

In physics we trust....

Presuming I'm in Dublin there?

The area I'm in has a wide variety of open-space options where they could play.

In fact, they often did play in a green area a stones through from the apartment complex, then they'd come around here and kick their ball into cars and against windows etc etc.

Cause why?

Cause they're scrotes, and that's what they do to get their jollies.

The security guard caught them on cam for setting off a fire alarm a few weeks back.

And they've also been caught for kicking ashtrays off walls in the complex smoking areas and trying to salvage the butts.

They're scrotes, they're up to no good. Public disturbance is their MO (something I've seen their "mother" openly encourage them to do).

And it's laughable you don't think scrotes with no responsible parents don't roam the streets without supervision as a matter of routine anyways;

Clearly you've never rode the Luas.

In physics we trust....

You're calling children under 12 scrotes, because they played football!

I'm on the luas most days, what does that have to do with anything? If you don't live in Dublin anyway??!!!

Jebus do you suffer from word blindness?

Or is it just a case of only seeing/reading what you want to see or read?

Secondly, they're not under 12.

And thirdly

cunty

I agree with this contributors assessment of you.

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

What a strange thread this is. OP it's as if you were never a child yourself. Were you born at the age of 30?

Kids do this stuff. As a child I'd wager most here have some experience of knick knocking. You know which houses got targeted over and over again? The ones that reacted and the owner came out and shouted. Or even better, tried to chase us.

If you put up a camera, they'll be delighted and see it as a challenge to do it without being caught on the camera. If the mother was letting her dog crap on your doorway, do you think she'll make them stop this if you do get the guards to go over?

You're an adult. They're children. Children have very short attention spans. The odds of them continuing to go over to your place daily, when they don't live there any more, to annoy you, are practically níl over time unless you make it fun for them by reacting. You're the adult here. You can wait them out. They will get bored.

In physics we trust....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

Yep. Nuff said.

The next tiktok challenge will be around shortly and the kids would have moved on. All that report did was prolong and escalate the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Mr Glass Half Full over here.

Èh? What's that for? You've had a go at a number of other people who've tried to help you. You claim to have "shut them up" but it really doesn't seem like it.

Genuine question here; what do you expect the management company to do? What specific action can they take?

I'm not the one calling children scrotes and having issues with them playing football 🙄

Yeah, I'm the cunty one.

Initially I want them to show me their CCTV footage so I can positively identify the perps.

Then they'll need to get their details, so they'll contact either Focus Ireland or the county council outlining the situation.

Then when it happens again and I call five-0, I'll be able to pass along that information.

If coppers don't show much interest perhaps they'll pay attention to a professional management agency filing a complaint.

Seems like a reasonable course of action.

In physics we trust....

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gamergurll

They won't show you the cctv footage, they'll open themselves up to a lot of trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

OK, and don't bite my head off;

Initially I want them to show me their CCTV footage so I can positively identify the perps.

Is there a CCTV camera trained on your front door?? But this is a long shot, they're really not allowed to give you footage.

Then they'll need to get their details, 

How? How does a management company get the details of scrote kids just from a CCTV video?

so they'll contact either Focus Ireland or the county council outlining the situation.

If they're no longer Focus tenants, they won't engage. Why would they? As for the council, it absolutely 100% is not their job to police things that happen on private property.

Then when it happens again and I call five-0, I'll be able to pass along that information.

Your only course of action is going straight to "five-O". They won't be able to do anything, but at least you'll find that out sooner if you skip the intervening steps.

Post edited by Former Former Former on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,640 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You keep doing what your doing OP. Seems like you've got it all handled.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Multiple infractions given for personal abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

How are they getting access?

Can you get the management company to change the code, key locks, access fobs. Can you get them to look at door access logs.  Can you get them to install better CCTV. More specific cameras that will capture a doorway, hall …. Can you meet them in person so that its not as easy to fob you off.

I wouldn’t engage with the kids or their families, they will know that they are getting to you and keep doing it.

Best advice I can give is to put up a camera so you know it’s them kicking it and then keep evidence and log but basically ignore it, by all means report it but don’t answer or open your door.  If they stop getting any millage out of it they might get bored and stop. If you make it exciting for them, they will keep doing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement