Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you vote for Conor McGregor if he entered politics?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,088 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,558 ✭✭✭Floppybits

No normal right thinking person would vote for him but he is beloved of type of person that likes their Canada goose jackets. If he did run in a general election how popular would he be in the constituency that he is running in? Depending on that answer he could well get a seat. If it was a presidential election he wouldn't have a chance, he would do well in certain areas of Dublin city centre and maybe around where he is from but I would like to think that most of the country wouldn't vote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,519 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

That don't matter remember Stephen Donnelly our current health minister

Ireland needs change, not that Conor is the answer but a new or small party to come forward might get people's attention, the current shower of bellends aren't cutting it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,394 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭highpressisbest

Of course a left wing option that is not pro mass immigration could also emerge as is happening in Germany.

• Advertisement

i can vouch for this.

So many ppl have said to me lately, no way would I vote for SF in the current crisis situation we are in.

They are FFG but with the slight difference of edgy merchandise and “we want the 6 counties back ASAP”, backed by Wolfe Tones songs.

SF are no nationalist party.

They are lefty globalism.

Which is why people are turning to the likes of alternatives like McGregor to see what he can offer in terms of change.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

anything is possible now, the doors has been opened, so all the ar$eholes are gonna pile in, from all spectrums, even the none spectrum ar$eholes....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭JayRoc

Anybody with enough brain cells to hold a pencil and write a number on a ballot paper isn't voting for that **** scumbag. I don't think we need to worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,949 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

probably, but theres enough anger and frustration out there now, for all sorts to come out of the woods, the extremes have arrived, so get ready for all sorts of sh1te!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

It's on the drop-down when you create a 'New Discussion'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

No .

I would say some would vote for him but whether the votes would be spoilt or not would remain to be seen .

I remember the odd candidate for the Raving Loony Party in the UK getting some votes but many more were spoilt by people who were either taking the pvss or just couldn't understand that they had to make a mark in a box !

Dustin the Turkey had similar issues here when running for President I recall .

Maybe he could advise Conor ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭lmao10

No chance. For obvious reasons.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,017 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I'd spoil it rather than give it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

No one with a brain is turning to McGregor, what the hell are you on about?

He does with with UFC fights as well, once there is some popularity around an event of some interest, he jumps into it for attention.

Same with this, he is selling stout now, he has no interest at all (or brains) for politics.

Who in their right mind would vote for someone who can barely string a sentence together? Whenever he talks, it sounds like a child in 3rd class reading a poem that they really had to concentrate on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I would vote for anybody over the FF/FG/G/Lab/SF/SD/PBP monoparty.

I think we are heading toward Trump election territory. The Clinton-Trump election was basically 100% guaranteed more of the same versus a bit of carnage and a miniscule chance of change.

If you have nothing and no future prospect, of course you are going to go for a bit of carnage and a gamble. What have you got to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭techdiver

The very existence of this question, even in a semi serious way, makes me worry even more for the future of not just Ireland but mankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Not a hope. Thundering arsehole.

The unthinking man's Elon Musk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

Unserious questions become serious in a society that functions on ridiculousness. The fact that this is being asked is more of a sign of both our decline and our desperation, yet those quick to mock are the last to understand the why.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

• Registered Users Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭billyhead

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭billyhead

The scary thing is that there are plenty of imbeciles who would vote for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Your job, your livelihood, your savings , your home if you have one , the economy , any benefits or public or social funding of any kind , your children's education and any chance of any future for them , your civil rights as a human being , our democracy .....

All the arguments that used to be raised against voting for Sinn Féin in the past before they moderated their stance and started to talk with some degree of sense , can now be applied to some of these raving right loonies popping up .

Nobody ....has nothing to lose unless they are an amoeba !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

You sound like the sort of person who put money on McGregor when he fought Mayweather! Go on, admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭BagofWeed

I like Conor and why you may ask ? Because I don't take him serious. He is a sports star who is a total header but he is no politician and hopefully never will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

And you also believe the election was ‘stolen’ from Trump!

This ...

This type of bullying and anger and belittling and making ppl feel “less than” is EXACTLY why ppl are going away from the mainstream parties and considering their options.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Well the good folks down in Wexford voted in a property developer to the Dail and then voted to send him to Europe even though he owed millions and left us ordinary folk with the job of paying it back.

So anything is possible, maybe we will see Conor McGregor TD at some point in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

OP on what issues would he stand for, would he be left or right leaning, what party would give him such a platform and if not what could he do realistically as an independent if he was elected?

At one time he had people's respect as an athlete that broke onto the world stage fairly rapidly and had some impressive fights. But in recent years he has proved himself to be nothing more than a thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,763 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The thing people always forget when they suggest the likes of McGregor being taoiseach etc is that he cant do anything by himself so he would need a party of 80+ whack jobs that all get elected and in different constituencies around the country so he could be taoiseach. Of course then they will say sure elect him president because again they don't understand our Presidents actual powers are nothing like the US and the office has no power whatsoever bar some very small albeit still important duties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭I see sheep

🤣🤣🤣

Advertisement