Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you vote for Conor McGregor if he entered politics?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭TokTik

100% there is very much a “let them eat cake” attitude from politicians all across Europe at the moment, and we all know what happened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,902 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Farage was the only MEP listened to? 😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅🤣🤣😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅🤣

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No

Not when people are branded murderers just because of their nationality, religion or skin colour.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I'd vote for a dog before him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Hell no.

• Advertisement

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,488 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Probably not but it's never good to jump to conclusions. It would depend on what policies McGregor or his party would be espousing.

Saw a FB ad recently from SF concerning a fund raising draw - serious amount of negative comments below it regarding SF's policy or lack of on immigration matters. Surely their Achilles Heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hes narcissistic, he doesnt believe the same rules apply to him, hence is behavior.....

...mods can you remove the spam block on my account there please, thank you

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I think this is an immediate threat and must be taken very seriously.

He is an absolute scumbag scrote of a man. People would want to wise up. It is rampant across social media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭20silkcut

The economic model of outsourcing everything to cheaper economies has now led to an economic model of insourcing actual labour from those same economies. Yes we need these people to come here and make our economies function in the 2020’s but why has it come to this? Why was the path of de-industrialisation of the west so rigidly followed in the late 20th century? Why wasn’t any of this foreseen? Why? Probably because those implementing these policies did not care and knew they would be dead before the consequences played out. They just could not bring themselves to squeeze their profits at that time for the sake of social cohesion in some distant future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭rogber

Do we really need 2 threads on this idiot?

And answer:no, obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 3,770 ✭✭✭Polar101

Being a pub landlord is a good qualification to be a TD in this country, apparently. But no, I wouldn't vote for McGregor even if he paid me to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Well judging by the sentiment and frustration by the people of this country, someone/ group is gonna step up and get the frustration vote.

it won’t be this fella, but it’s coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Northernlily

We need a real clued in centre right party. Not the pair of civil war muppets that have shared power since the foundation of the state.

I am surprised no one charasmatic and representative of the hardest working and biggest contributing in society have come out to challenge FF & FG. Both of them parties are so out of touch with the challenges on the ground and the impact of their policies it beggers belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

No.

He'd be no more capable of solving the issues this country faces than the bunch of mindless cret$ns in govt at moment.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭krusty411

I'd rather shite in my hand and clap than vote for that gobshite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

OP put up a poll there to see how many are in agreement with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭archfi

Well, he ticks the property developer or landlord or publican or sports star profile of quite a few TDs over the years.

No, I wouldn't vote for him. But neither would I vote for FF/FG/SF/GP/Lab/SD/PBP/NP/IFP

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

would i? absolutely not, for many of the reasons others have outlined already

could i see a large number of people voting for him? absolutely, as last week demonstrated theres a large proportion of people in the country who are seemingly as think as pigsh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 24,619 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

"Infrastructure first"

Trying to push that Death Star idea of yours again I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

He’ll do nutin.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dublincc2

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Miharo

Yes. I'd vote for a dog over the current shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭XLR 8

There are organisms under rocks on asteroids as yet untouched by the rays of the sun that would get my vote over that gobshite. So no 👎

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭tphase

• Registered Users Posts: 40 rocjohn

So whats the alternative to Conor McGregor?

....SF or FF or FG or PBP or Lab., or the Greens......!!!!

.. SERIOUSLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Advertisement