Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Madame Web

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Just watched it and wish I had that time back...it's all very rushed and Dakota Johnson is just cardboard in this...the ending she just gets worse as if she's lost her personality in the accident...the spider women masks all sucked too with the eye openings instead of visors

Ezekiel Simms sucked too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 30,837 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

On top of all the other awfulness of the movie - one of the things that is just stuck in my mind is that, at the Baby Shower, the guests were legitimately supposed to play a game of; "guess the baby's name".

All I could think of;

• Registered Users Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The Pepsi product placement was absolutely magnificent in this film.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

• Advertisement

Very true. We had the strategically placed cans throughout the film, be it with a takeaway or at the BBQ. Then the various shots at the diner. The sign was the cherry on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,849 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am guessing Pepsi gave them a lot of money, but it was way OTT in fairness the sign was less wooden than most of performances.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

My instinct was to skip this. Time was, I'd have gone to see almost everything but it's harder for me to bother walking the 10 minutes to my local cinema than it used to be.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The sign is one of the best known landmark in Queens for nearly 100 years so links in perfectly as a place for a Spider-man battle to take place.

It is pretty impressive thinking but for the majority of people who don't know the area it absolutely seems like the ridiculous product placement that it is.

Interesting tidbit. The lettering looked decidedly vintage looking. Thought it might be an American market trade mark. Every day's a school-day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think on its own, you'd be right, but in addition to the rest of the obvious Pepsi product placement it really does smack of having the final fight there and the Pepsi logo being integral to defeating the villain because of the deal rather than the historic nature of the sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,179 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Johnson seeming to have fùck idea how to open the Pepsi can and just awkwardly "playing" with it to highlight that its a Pepsi can deserves a BTS/making of section. 2 bizarre scenes that belong on SNL product placement skit rather than a genuine movie.

• Decided to have a look at the Imdb photo gallery for Madam Web (2024), 253 photos at time of writing. So let's have a look at the beverage appearance in list format:
    • Pepsi Cola Sign
    • Dakota awkwardly playing with a can
    • Conspicuous shot of Pepsi at Emma Robert’s baby naming game
    • Far right located special's board at diner with Pepsi heading
    • Rear of Pepsi cola sign
    • Pepsi brand emblem on far right of diner
    • Third shot of Pepsi sign
    • Three ladies abducted/rescued by Dakota: Glass bottle of Pepsi with their succulent Chinese take away
    • Dinner Pepsi specials board back again
    • Adam Scott and Dakota's Chinese meal with a can of mountain dew. Win for diversity.
    • Dinner Pepsi specials board makes another appearance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They're probably not even real cans you can open, just props for the actors to hold ala the many, many empty coffee cups you'll see.

Advertisement