Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2023 - Round 22 - USA - Las Vegas

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,531 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

it really is very unfair that sainz has a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Stroll with a 5 place grid penalty for overtaking under a double yellow in FP3

• Registered Users Posts: 30,052 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Hard to predict who will come out on top. Times dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

McLaren got it REALLY wrong in quali

Both Mclarens out in Q1, ouch

• Advertisement

Christ both mclarens out in Q1.

Surprised to see McLaren out

Ricciardo did well to get through

That old Verstappen and Ocon rivalry kicking off again

Not sure what was going on with the Redbull and Alpine

The end of that straight was a complete mess with cars, looked like Verstappen got pissed off with Ocon backing everyone up

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Perez and Hamilton out in Q2

Perez and Hamilton out in Q2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Perez must have had a problem surely makes no sense to keep him in

Surprising end to Q2

Williams and Ferrari the only teams with 2 cars into Q3

That's mental call from RB

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Great run by Williams.

Gutted for Sainz tbh.

Should give us a very interesting race tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 10,359 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Was there something wrong with Perez's car? Or did they just balls it up? Feel sorry for Sainz with the penalty.

Go on Logan Sargent. Probably his last chance to best Albon though, looks like the quali whitewash is on...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Just trying to make it entertaining tomorrow....

Leclerc was absolutely on it all through qualifying. Hopefully he can convert the pole into a win tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭thefa

Would love to see that too, particularly with some of the crap luck he’s during the season as far back as Bahrain.

Hard to look past Verstappen though who still manages a front row after a relatively bad lap by his standards. Unless the cold weather unlocks some extra tyre maintenance in the Ferrari, it might be inevitable.

With a mixed up grid and a new track, potential for some entertainment. Have to weigh up the 6am start time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,841 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Its Fyre Fest F1. Nothing more, nothing less.

If we get out of here with no deaths or serious injuries to either competitors, crew or spectators, frankly it will be a bonus at this point.

Hopefully never to return.

As a Ferrari fan I'm fully prepared for the disappointment! If the Ferrari can look after it's tyres with the colder weather maybe there's a chance of a win but I fear a Verstappen win will be inevitable

I do love the early starts as I'd normally plan Sunday around the race so I can watch it live

This explains why Verstappen overtook him into turn one. Ocon is some man to cause issues with other drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bugatti

And what would that bridge look like during the race if they didnt cover it? Imagine hundreds of people trying to squeeze onto it to watch the race for free. At what point would the structure of the bridge become compromised? And what about the idiots who'd be there to try and disrupt the race by throwing objects off it? I can actually just picture the 'Just Stop Oil' group using it to pour orange paint down onto the track during the race.

Bridges get covered at every circuit that has a them over the track. But I've never heard such as fuss about them being covered as I have with the Vegas GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Yea tbh I've little sympathy for Vegas resident's and business' complaints. They chose to live/operate in a tourist town that was literally built for catering for tourists. That being said, it does seem to be terribly run thus far. Not giving a refund to the people with tickets for FP1 and FP2 is near criminal imo.

I've also read over on reddit that the traffic issues aren't mainly down to F1, rather the NFL.

Interesting quote from that article:

“A handful of vocal people want to blame F1 for the terrible condition of our local streets. F1 is spending $90 million to repave a huge part of Las Vegas Boulevard that hasn’t been repaved for more than 20 years. [The series] will use this pavement for three days. The rest of the year, the county benefits.”

The resident went on to note that the bulk of traffic concerns actually comes from something called “Dropicana.”

“NDOT dropped one half of the bridge that sends Tropicana Avenue over the I-15 near Las Vegas Boulevard,” this resident told me. “Eight lanes of traffic reduced to two and pumped through the worst execution of a ‘double diamond’ you’ll ever find. It’s being done to benefit the Stadium and the NFL, because we’re hosting the Super Bowl. It greatly compromises traffic, but it has nothing to do with F1.

“If F1 has done anything wrong here in Las Vegas, it was trusting the crooked politicos that handle things.”

It does seem like a multi-faceted issue that F1 are taking the majority of the blame for. However, they're not helping themselves at all with a lot of other things.

There was news that 200$ vouchers would be given to those who had bought tickets for the practice 1 and 2. Wonder how much the tickets were though

I seen the tickets prices were 300 dollars for Thursday, the fans were completely shafted. Apparently we also aren't getting a cool room, the drivers go straight to the podium. Has anyone been watching Verstappen interviews, it's been absolutely hilarious. The man doesn't give one f***k and just says whatever is on his mind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Like him or not, at least you get honest answers and not PR bullshit, I think it’s great.

On a side note, I read that the renewal of his super licence for next year will cost over a million quid - because of the amount of points he’s scored this year. Pretty sure the team pays for it anyway although he could well afford it. 😁

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement