Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 14th Annual Boards.ie White Christmas Thread (Christmas 2023)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Hailstones pounding the window just now , closest to a white christmas as I can hope for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Only 365 days till next Christmas 🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Not a bad day down here today, generally dry and cooler as the day went on. Yet another year though when we were never even in the hunt for a White Christmas 5 days out. Would be nice some year to even have the possibility

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Cleared up nicely in the end but was quite showery all day out East. Got caught in a miserable squally shower early afternoon while walking the dogs. Not the worst Christmas day weather wise but not great either. I think 2020 was my favorite Christmas day weather, beautiful blue skies and 2-3c.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Think Sligo was max 10.2c and min 5.9c

Way milder than I expected.

I wouldn't rule out a White Xmas ever again. There's always weird months. January might be a weird month.

Looks like the lowest temp yesterday was at Moore Park in North Cork at 5.2c.

The max temp was also in Co. Cork (we are a contrary bunch down here!) at 11.5c on Sherkin Island. In fact Moore Park itself saw 11.2c.

No snow was reported.

The lowest mex temp was at Knock at 8.3c.

See https://www.met.ie/latest-reports/observations/yesterday

And otherwise, time to say goodbye for Christmas 2023. You win again Atlantic, but some day...

See you all in and around 1 November 2024 (God willing) for the 15th Annual White Christmas Thread. Until then, enjoy the next week (which is actually the most enjoyable part of Christmas imho ...).

Advertisement